No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 27th, 2021 at 2:55:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If they all held the same religion as true that would mean something.

Not getting your point.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 3:06:38 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Asking for a "study" instead of offering alternative proof on your own is intellectually lazy.

I’m not the one making a positive claim. See, I don’t know your religious leanings, but this is the problem that many Christians have when it comes to being the ones who are actually making a claim…
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 3:17:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I’m not the one making a positive claim. See, I don’t know your religious leanings, but this is the problem that many Christians have when it comes to being the ones who are actually making a claim…

If you are stating there is no God then that is a positive claim. Saying you do not know would be neutral.

My challenge to atheism remains. Science shows life does not spontaneously generate. So when an atheist wants to explain how life came from no life I will listen. Until then we can agree to disagree.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2021 at 3:22:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Ever hear the saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes?"

And that's all it is, a saying. I just had a friend of mine diagnosed with cancer a few months ago and he died last month. He was an atheist and through all of it never mentioned god once. People who believe in god do not understand how atheists think. It's not like we're on the fence, for us there is no god to worry or wonder about. One of the last conversations I had with my friend I told him my wife was praying for him and he laughed and said, that will save him for sure. There is no god in the Buddhist religion, they believe in reincarnation. They are not atheists, they just have no god in their beliefs.

"Buddhists do not believe in God. Although they respect
and look up to the Buddha , they do not believe he was
a god but they worship him as a form of respect."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 27th, 2021 at 3:30:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Not getting your point.

The point is, any religion is good enough. Even ones with conflicting beliefs about a god or gods. Especially cults which seem to have the strongest influence over believers than any other, often concerning even living or dying for their belief in mass suicide.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 27th, 2021 at 3:30:17 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
If you are stating there is no God then that is a positive claim. Saying you do not know would be neutral.

My challenge to atheism remains. Science shows life does not spontaneously generate. So when an atheist wants to explain how life came from no life I will listen. Until then we can agree to disagree.

If that’s what I was stating, then you would be right.

I admit to not knowing, but I’m not neutral. I think it’s more likely than not that no god, as described by Christians, exists.

See, the problem with the, “Life from no life,” argument is that the sword cuts both ways. You can either believe that the Universe always was, energy and entropy, which eventually led to intelligent life, or, in the alternative, one can argue that the intelligent life on Earth was created by…wait for it…another form of intelligent life!

Either way, one is forced to argue: From nothing, something.

Or, just admit there’s no way to know at this time. Christians tend to not be very good at admitting to not knowing things, in general…perhaps it’s situationally ironic that the state of a person believing themselves to know everything often comes as a symptom of being poorly educated.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 27th, 2021 at 3:32:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

My challenge to atheism remains. Science shows life does not spontaneously generate. So when an atheist wants to explain how life came from no life I will listen.

That has nothing to do with anything. If that could be explained by science sufficiently, believers would just find some other unexplained scientific fact and blame it on god. Believers are believers because they want to be, not because science says anything. Like Mark Twain the atheist said. People love to fuss with religion, it gives them something to do. He's absolutely correct. Without religion to mess around with my wife would have nothing to do. She would have to find another hobby.
She plays the piano every day because she's the piano player in her church and has been for years. Church is her only social outlet, as it is for many people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 27th, 2021 at 3:45:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146

How does somebody like AZ determine somebody is a atheist simply due to observation
I'm an atheist
But I have no way of determining if somebody is an atheist simply by observation.
I visited the Garden of a thousand Buddha's today
Fascinating
In the middle of nowhere in MT
Thats what atheists do
We are curious about everything
Even visited a Mission church
There is no way to determine if somebody is an atheist unless you actually talk to the person
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 27th, 2021 at 3:59:44 PM permalink
ChesterDog
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
He's already dead.

As of 8/27/21, it looks like Caleb Wallace is still clinging to life.

But conservative radio hosts Dick Farrel and Phil Valentine are not so lucky. At least they recanted their anti-vax statements before they died.

Here a nice Australia broadcast professionals' page regarding COVID-19 and the radio business: https://radioinfo.com.au/news/new-karma-variant-covid-only-affects-anti-vax-radio-hosts.
August 27th, 2021 at 4:10:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: ChesterDog
As of 8/27/21, it looks like Caleb Wallace is still clinging to life.

But conservative radio hosts Dick Farrel and Phil Valentine are not so lucky. At least they recanted their anti-vax statements before they died.

Here a nice Australia broadcast professionals' page regarding COVID-19 and the radio business: https://radioinfo.com.au/news/new-karma-variant-covid-only-affects-anti-vax-radio-hosts.

Thanks for the correction.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?