1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

September 16th, 2021 at 9:55:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
It’s actually not odd at all.

Hard to catch the flu when everyone was masked and social distancing.

I havent been sick in years
Working home then masking up
Life is wonderful when you never get sick
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 16th, 2021 at 10:04:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
. The reason is, obviously, flu deaths are being
reported as covid deaths. You will never in a million years get the medical profession
to admit this because they never do anything wrong.

Oh baloney! All infectious diseases are at record lows.

Quote:
Veteran virus trackers say they are chronicling something never before seen — the suppression of virtually every common respiratory and gastrointestinal virus besides the novel coronavirus. They theorize that is largely due to global shutdowns, mask-wearing and a host of other health protocols aimed at stemming the spread of the coronavirus.
These other viruses — including influenza A, influenza B, parainfluenza, norovirus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), human metapneumovirus — all appear to be circulating at or near levels lower than ever previously measured. The same is true for the respiratory bacteria that cause pertussis, better known as whooping cough, and pneumonia.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 16th, 2021 at 10:13:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Besides the masks and distancing, I suspect more people have been practicing better hygiene, particularly when in situations where they think they may be more apt to come into contact with something. Some businesses are still practicing extra sanitation practices. That all is going to reduce infectious diseases being transmitted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 16th, 2021 at 10:20:20 AM permalink
ChesterDog
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Besides the masks and distancing, I suspect more people have been practicing better hygiene, particularly when in situations where they think they may be more apt to come into contact with something. Some businesses are still practicing extra sanitation practices. That all is going to reduce infectious diseases being transmitted.

Also, now people with colds and coughs are ashamed to be in public spaces.

Before COVID, it was common to hear people coughing on the bus, but not now.
September 16th, 2021 at 10:27:39 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ChesterDog
Also, now people with colds and coughs are ashamed to be in public spaces. Before COVID, it was common to hear people coughing on the bus, but not now.

Indeed; now days were that to happen the poor cougher would be run off with pitchforks and firebrands.
September 16th, 2021 at 10:28:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ChesterDog
Also, now people with colds and coughs are ashamed to be in public spaces.

Before COVID, it was common to hear people coughing on the bus, but not now.

The public memory is short. I’m sure we will be back to more typical rates soon enough. We’re just relearning the lessons from several hundred years where we started to learn the causes of plagues better.
September 16th, 2021 at 10:31:15 AM permalink
missedhervee
Probably the best reason to get the shot, wear a mask, maintain social distancing, wash your hands and don't touch your fact is to avoid having the hospitals get overwhelmed with UNVACCINATED covid patients, like is happening now:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/idaho-declares-statewide-hospital-resource-crisis-covid-surge-rcna1997

The clueless dolts who refuse the shot and wind up in ICU are selfishly and needlessly taking up space which others without covid need.

Turn patients away?

Triage?

Thanks for nothing, anti-vaxxers!
September 16th, 2021 at 10:37:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I wish hospitals would begin turning unvaccinated people away.

That would solve a lot of problems that are bogging down our health systems.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 16th, 2021 at 10:37:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
Probably the best reason to get the shot, wear a mask, maintain social distancing, wash your hands and don't touch your fact is to avoid having the hospitals get overwhelmed with UNVACCINATED covid patients, like is happening now:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/idaho-declares-statewide-hospital-resource-crisis-covid-surge-rcna1997

The clueless dolts who refuse the shot and wind up in ICU are selfishly and needlessly taking up space which others without covid need.

Turn patients away?

Triage?

Thanks for nothing, anti-vaxxers!

My neighbor had her hip surgery postponed indefinitely here in COVIDville Florida.
September 16th, 2021 at 10:46:05 AM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: ams288
I wish hospitals would begin turning unvaccinated people away. That would solve a lot of problems that are bogging down our health systems.

My wife feels the same way, but it would never fly; nor would allowing insurers to avoid having to pay for covid treatment for the unvaccinated.

Doctors take an oath to heal the sick ... all the sick ... including unvaccinated dolts.