No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

September 28th, 2021 at 5:48:09 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Masks do prevent a lot of the spread covid. It's tough for much of the virus to get through mask even if you're talking or coughing. But they lied to us when they said masks will prevent you from getting covid because if they told us the truth almost nobody would wear masks because they don't believe they have the disease. So looking at it that way masks were probably effective in keeping the spread of it down. That's the reason everybody wears a mask during surgery, not to protect themselves they wear it to protect the patient.

Masks go both ways. Surgical masks are vital PPE for almost any medical scenario where there are possible airborne particles. But, in the medical context its mostly for personal protection.

Dentists wear surgical masks to protect themselves from your germs (the same reason you have to rinse with mouthwash before a Dentist will exam you, its not to give you a free dose of Listerine, its to kill whatever may be in your mouth). Because Dentists have to be (for obvious reasons) right in your mouth, so they have more fear of airborne particles than many other medical officers.

For surgeons its obviously more nuanced as it is a sterile environment (but, that is not really what we are talking about in relation to COVID).

Cloth masks protect others more than yourselves because they prevent coughs and sneezes from flying all over the place if nothing else.

I do know where I work its kind of bizarre, because now victual everyone is vaccinated -except for a couple of idiots- (and the people who want three doses even have their 3 doses since many people qualify for a third dose here), and suddenly (last three weeks), they started getting strict with masks (IE actually requiring them indoors when not eating, drinking, or smoking). All of 2020, and most of 2021, they did not care at all, even at the height of COVID, but its suddenly a requirement even for the fully vaccinated. It seems odd. I don't know if its an insurance thing or some behind the scenes legal thing that I do not know about... But, it makes zero sense to me. I even asked HR why they refused to have a mask policy when people were actually in danger and most people actually wanted one (IE basically all of 2020), and now they suddenly have one in SEP2021, when everyone is vaccinated, and the pandemic is basically over, and they would not give me a straight answer, other than some generic copy/paste response about thanking me for being vaccinated and working hard in these challenging times.... I suspect there is probably something going on behind the scenes to cause this sudden shift at such a late date, but if that is the case HR is not saying....
September 28th, 2021 at 7:18:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
when everyone is vaccinated, and the pandemic is basically over, and they would not give me a straight answer, ..

Who told you it was over.

Ezekiel Emanuel, a professor of medical ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania. “Telling people it’s going to be two or three more years of this is really hard, but I don’t think anyone can be comfortable with the current state, with a lot of kids ending up in the hospital and a thousand deaths a day. That’s not returning to normal.”
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2021 at 7:40:22 PM permalink
Gandler
Who told you it was over.

Ezekiel Emanuel, a professor of medical ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania. “Telling people it’s going to be two or three more years of this is really hard, but I don’t think anyone can be comfortable with the current state, with a lot of kids ending up in the hospital and a thousand deaths a day. That’s not returning to normal.”

Over may be strong. I understand that infectious disease never truly go away (at least not for many generations in a real sense).

But, its over for all who are vaccinated. I stopped worrying about masks since my vaccine, if I get COVID at this point it will be at worst a few days of a cold (if I even notice it).

At this point mask requirements are for the minority that refuse to get vaccinated (and also ironically also refuse to mask), which are causing issues for responsible people by getting sick and missing work and causing a fuss because everyone is not being safe around them when for the last year they have refused to become safe.... There is no reason to start a mask requirement in SEP2021 if you have not had one until this month.... It has to be some behind the scenes drama....

If you went all of 2020 and the majority of 2021 until less than 3 weeks ago that masks were completely optional and would not be required or even recommended, there is no logical reason to suddenly shift ground now (in a very aggressive sense with sudden strict enforcement) unless some mandate from some legal or insurance proceedings that is being kept underwraps (maybe by a certain somebody who refused to get vaccinated, thought masks were a joke, and got COVID at work -according to them, probably more likely from being dumb in their own time-, missed a several weeks, got in trouble because their section was already short staffed, and is now causing a stink about lack of safety to cover their own ideocracy, not calling anyone out, just a hypothetical)....

In any event, the point is, at this point in history, responsible people are suffering from the choices of irresponsible people... This should be long over, but conspiracy nuts refusing to vaccinate are dragging this on.....
September 28th, 2021 at 8:21:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

But, its over for all who are vaccinated. I stopped worrying about masks since my vaccine,

So did my sister-in-law who was fully vaccinated and got rid of her mask and thought she was safe and she died of covid last month. As I have said here two dozen times. If you think you're safe you're living in a dream world. Your company is making you wear a mask because they realize the reality and you obviously do not, you most definitely are not safe. Wake up and I do not mean the woke kind..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 29th, 2021 at 2:51:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Dentists wear surgical masks to protect themselves from your germs (the same reason you have to rinse with mouthwash before a Dentist will exam you, its not to give you a free dose of Listerine, its to kill whatever may be in your mouth). Because Dentists have to be (for obvious reasons) right in your mouth, so they have more fear of airborne particles than many other medical officers.

Dentists did not wear masks before the 1980s. AIDS and a couple dentists giving it to people started them wearing masks. There is even a scene in "OZ" where they talk about that.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2021 at 7:14:36 AM permalink
Gandler
So did my sister-in-law who was fully vaccinated and got rid of her mask and thought she was safe and she died of covid last month. As I have said here two dozen times. If you think you're safe you're living in a dream world. Your company is making you wear a mask because they realize the reality and you obviously do not, you most definitely are not safe. Wake up and I do not mean the woke kind..

Sorry man, you spent 2020 mocking us for wanting to be safe.

At one point you even said the virus was a conspiracy because you did not personally know anyone who was sick....

And, now that things are better and people are vaccinated you are suddenly concerned because someone you know got sick, which I am truly sorry for you, but your credibility has waned on this issue. And, you did not seem to care about precautions until it directly effected you.....

Those of us who spent 2020 and much of 2021 being responsible are ready to move on.
September 29th, 2021 at 8:33:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Those of us who spent 2020 and much of 2021 being responsible are ready to move on.

So are the rest of us. If you are ready please call 202-456-1111 and ask why people who do not want the vax should be fired from their jobs. Also ask why they are not taking the china virus seriously.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2021 at 8:46:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
If you are ready please call 202-456-1111 and ask why people who do not want the vax should be fired from their jobs.

It’s called quality control. Gotta weed out the dummies.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 29th, 2021 at 9:16:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Nearly 600 United Airlines employees face termination for failing to comply with vaccine mandate

Quote:
United Airlines said Tuesday that 593 of its employees are facing termination for failing to comply with its Covid-19 vaccination policy, one of the strictest mandates for inoculation from a U.S. company.

More than 96% of United's 67,000-person U.S. workforce complied with the vaccine requirement.

Anti-vaxxers are terrified of mandates because 1) they work at getting shots in arms and 2) they prove that truly committed anti-vaxxers are the EXTREME minority of people.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 30th, 2021 at 8:52:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Pepe Forina, 56, who had pre-existing conditions like diabetes and hypertension, lost both legs to sepsis after being hospitalized with COVID-19, Texas local news station KRGV reported.

"I looked at my feet and my feet were black," Forino said, per the outlet.

Asked why he didn't get vaccinated, he said "stupidity basically, I didn't believe in it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/a-texas-man-who-said-he-didn-t-get-vaccinated-out-of-stupidity-had-both-his-legs-amputated-after-covid-19-turned-his-feet-black/ar-AAOZAYR?ocid=msedgntp

Just livin' his life.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?