No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 18th, 2020 at 5:27:21 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: zippyboy
He did actually use the phrase "healthy people should spread their immunity to others out in public".

Would have to hear the whole discussion.

That may have been a discussion about 'herd immunity'

"Herd immunity (also called herd effect, community immunity, population immunity, or social immunity) is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a large percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through infection or vaccination, thereby providing a measure of protection for individuals who are not immune."

Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective'.
March 19th, 2020 at 3:20:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I never ever watch foxnews, so I don't know the woman doing the interview. She was brunette, seated on the left. The expert was middle aged, white, with a beard. It was actually a couple evenings ago, about 6pm Pacific time. He did actually use the phrase "healthy people should spread their immunity to others out in public". So asinine, my jaw dropped open and I realized foxnews is not for me.

I find this way outside of what they have presented over the course of the coronavirus pandemic coverage. Not sure why it happened, though that theory was heard in the UK earlier.
March 19th, 2020 at 4:01:10 AM permalink
Tanko
This is the disgusting meat market where it is believed it was first transferred to humans. Possibly from a civet.

March 19th, 2020 at 4:02:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Article with stories involving triage in Italy. It is pretty grim, in fact I would recommend not everybody read it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-ethics-speci/all-is-well-in-italy-triage-and-lies-for-virus-patients-idUSKBN2133KG
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 19th, 2020 at 8:17:15 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: odiousgambit
Article with stories involving triage in Italy. It is pretty grim, in fact I would recommend not everybody read it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-ethics-speci/all-is-well-in-italy-triage-and-lies-for-virus-patients-idUSKBN2133KG

It's really bizarre that the Germans aren't dying.

Italy confirmed cases: 35,700
Italy deaths: 2,978
Germany confirmed cases: 13,979
Germany deaths: 42
March 19th, 2020 at 8:21:50 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I never ever watch foxnews, so I don't know the woman doing the interview. She was brunette, seated on the left. The expert was middle aged, white, with a beard. It was actually a couple evenings ago, about 6pm Pacific time. He did actually use the phrase "healthy people should spread their immunity to others out in public". So asinine, my jaw dropped open and I realized foxnews is not for me.
Allowing the virus to run it's course is a viable option. Quarantine may not be the best move. The problem is we only know in hindsight so whatever we do we'll never know what the best move is.
March 19th, 2020 at 8:41:54 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: kenarman
The Chinese created this virus as a weapon and unleashed it on the world on purpose. They sacrificed a few of their people to make it look accidental but actually have a cure and are now using it for their own people.

Everyone who believes that should read this article about why scientists believe it evolved naturally and is not a biological weapon created in a lab.

Quote: The Scotland Herald
They suggested that it cannot be an artificial creation because its structure "differed substantially from those of already known coronaviruses and mostly resembled related viruses found in bats and pangolins".

The researchers suggested that anyone looking to create a new coronavirus and use it as a bioweapon would probably have built it using the backbone of a virus that has already killed humans.

"Its distinct backbone rules out laboratory manipulation as a potential origin for SARS-CoV-2,” Andersen added.
March 19th, 2020 at 10:47:39 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: reno
It's really bizarre that the Germans aren't dying.

Italy confirmed cases: 35,700
Italy deaths: 2,978
Germany confirmed cases: 13,979
Germany deaths: 42

It's not due to age. The median age for both nations is 45.9.

Italians are less likely wash their hands.

78% of Germans wash their hands after using the toilet, vs only 57% of Italians.

The populations that wash their hands the least, have the most infections.

85% of Portugese wash their hands after using the toilet, vs only 61% of their neighbors in Spain. The mortality rate in Portugal is 0.38% vs 4.6% in Spain.

Wash your hands often, and keep your fingers out of the seven holes in your head.
March 19th, 2020 at 10:50:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
It's not due to age. The median age for both nations is 45.9.

Italians are less likely wash their hands.

78% of Germans wash their hands after using the toilet, vs only 57% of Italians.

The populations that wash their hands the least, have the most infections.

85% of Portugese wash their hands after using the toilet, vs only 61% of their neighbors in Spain. The mortality rate in Portugal is 0.38% vs 4.6% in Spain.

Scroll down. Worldometers

Wash your hands often, and keep your fingers out of the seven holes in your head.

Italians were out saying “Hug a Chinese they are people not a virus!”

Stuff matters.
The President is a fink.
March 19th, 2020 at 11:03:44 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: pew
Allowing the virus to run it's course is a viable option. Quarantine may not be the best move.

That would overwhelm the hospitals. There are not enough intensive care beds or ventilators available.

The best approach is to try to limit the speed of the spread of infections in order to search for effective treatments and medications, and lower the mortality rate by providing quality care for patients.