Quote: Starburger
A famous performing arts center near me
Which one.
Link please.
October 18th, 2021 at 7:25:16 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Make the decisions based upon science. LOL LOL LOL

"It's More A Gut Feeling Rather Than Based On Really Truly Serious Data": FDA Panelist On Approving Moderna Boosters

Quote:
Members of the FDA’s vaccine-advisory panel supported Moderna’s booster dose even though the evidence for it was from a small study and had mixed results.

It’s more a gut feeling rather than based on really truly serious data,” said Patrick Moore, a member of the committee and a professor of molecular genetics and biochemistry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. “The data itself is not strong, but it is certainly going in the direction that is supportive of this vote.”
emphasis above is mine.
Yep, follow the science.
Let's go Brandon
October 18th, 2021 at 8:32:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
FDA approves mixing and matching of boosters? https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/us/politics/fda-mix-and-match-boosters.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 18th, 2021 at 11:23:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Every couple of years I'm forced to go through the clothes in my closet and in my dresser. I say forced because I have a dust allergy and if I'm not careful I will be barely breathing in a short time. So this time I said aha, I have protection. I put on my surgical mask and a custom fitting cloth mask I bought. I worked on the clothes for about 30 minutes, and guess what. I had trouble breathing. Not nearly as bad as it would have been without the mask, but the mask failed to protect me. Maybe it wasn't fit right, maybe the dust got through the two masks. In any event it would not protect me from covid. The covid virus is far smaller than dust particles. I can see where it would keep you from spreading covid, which is what they have said all along. So if you're going to a place and nobody's wearing a mask don't even bother wearing one yourself. It's not going to help you at all. I watch lots of videos everyday mostly from New York City and the way people wear their masks is a joke. They think they're protecting themselves and it's a joke. Just like doctor Fuji and the Surgeon General said at the very beginning, masks don't work for protecting you. Of course they had to do a complete 180 and lie to us. Very disappointed, but not surprised at my mask experiment. Even in hospitals they do not wear surgical masks to protect themselves they wear them to protect you. I knew the truth before I started the experiment but I had kind of convinced myself that wearing a mask was some kind of protection against covid.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2021 at 3:15:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Maybe it wasn't fit right, maybe the dust got through the two masks.

Maybe you need a respirator or painter's mask for that kind of protection?

The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2021 at 8:16:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Maybe you need a respirator or painter's mask for that kind of protection?

Even the mask in the picture is not fit right. Look at the gap between the mask and his chin at the bottom. That's the place where most masks fail, that and at the top under your eyes. I read somewhere that most masks do not fit properly and leak air around the edges and are useless. Masks offer no protection from getting covid, they are supposed to protect us from the 1% of the population that has covid. But most of them aren't wearing masks so what's the point.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2021 at 1:00:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.), a practicing anesthesiologist, said he has prescribed ivermectin, a medication typically used to treat parasites in livestock and humans, as a covid-19 treatment, and he lashed out at pharmacies for not making the drug readily available, according to a recent radio interview.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rep-andy-harris-a-doctor-says-he-s-prescribed-ivermectin-as-a-covid-19-treatment/ar-AAPIwtl?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Any comment Soopoo?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2021 at 3:21:22 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
DeSantis' critics fall silent as Florida's COVID-19 cases drop

Quote:
New infections per 100,000 residents dropped to 12 over the past week, according to the New York Times coronavirus tracker. Over the past 14 days, cases dropped by 48%.

Other states with far more expansive pandemic restrictions are seeing COVID-19 continue to spread at faster rates than Florida.

In New York, for example, the rate of new cases is more than double that of Florida’s at 25 per 100,000 residents over the past week.

In Washington state, the rate of new infections per 100,000 residents was at 31 during the past week.

I've noticed that the DeSantis critics here (terapined & ams) have been awfully quiet about Florida lately.
Don't you have any fancy charts to post ams? Any comment terapined?
Let's go Brandon
October 19th, 2021 at 4:14:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

cool
I'm interested in a booster
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2021 at 8:32:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
DeSantis' critics fall silent as Florida's COVID-19 cases drop

I've noticed that the DeSantis critics here (terapined & ams) have been awfully quiet about Florida lately.
Don't you have any fancy charts to post ams? Any comment terapined?

I must have missed fleaswatter’s comments on DeSantis while Floridians were needlessly dropping like flies. Anyone have a link to them? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman