1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

October 19th, 2021 at 8:44:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
DeSantis' critics fall silent as Florida's COVID-19 cases drop

I've noticed that the DeSantis critics here (terapined & ams) have been awfully quiet about Florida lately.
Don't you have any fancy charts to post ams? Any comment terapined?

I must have missed fleaswatter’s comments on DeSantis while Floridians were needlessly dropping like flies. Anyone have a link to them? lol

Florida is still only 9th of the states in deaths per capita with very few restrictions during the whole pandemic and that is with an older population than most states but carry on don't let facts get in the way of your stories.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 19th, 2021 at 9:05:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman

I've noticed that the DeSantis critics here (terapined & ams) have been awfully quiet about Florida lately.

I must have missed fleaswatter’s comments on DeSantis while Floridians were needlessly dropping like flies. Anyone have a link to them? lol

Florida is still only 9th of the states in deaths per capita with very few restrictions during the whole pandemic and that is with an older population than most states but carry on don't let facts get in the way of your stories.

No one likes to cherry pick stats more than you, ken.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 19th, 2021 at 9:55:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

In theory only.

A lot of places here went against governor's directives and kept things like masking requirements in place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2021 at 7:23:16 AM permalink
kenarman

No one likes to cherry pick stats more than you, ken.

Any stat you don't like is cherry picking. You are the one that said they were "dropping like flies" in Florida. I was pointing out they weren't the worst state. California has the most daily deaths right now with lots of restrictions. Are they "dropping like flies" in California.
October 20th, 2021 at 8:13:21 AM permalink
ams288
Are they "dropping like flies" in California.

Dunno. Haven’t looked at the numbers in a while. Although it would make sense that the most populous state in the union has the most deaths. Ya know?

FL is getting their yearly fall/winter respite now that the temps are going down and people can come out of the air conditioning.

I’m sure cases will start rising here in MI as it’s going to get cold AF soon. You righties will try to blame Whitmer even though all her restrictions are over. I’ll just shrug and point out it’s mostly Trump counties that are having issues. Oh well.
October 20th, 2021 at 8:27:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Dunno. Haven’t looked at the numbers in a while. Although it would make sense that the most populous state in the union has the most deaths. Ya know?

FL is getting their yearly fall/winter respite now that the temps are going down and people can come out of the air conditioning.

I’m sure cases will start rising here in MI as it’s going to get cold AF soon. You righties will try to blame Whitmer even though all her restrictions are over. I’ll just shrug and point out it’s mostly Trump counties that are having issues. Oh well.

Numbers will go up in FL
Its inevitable
FL has a huge population decrease over the summer
Snowbirds will arrive by the millions in the next month
No doubt virus numbers will go up
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 20th, 2021 at 9:07:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Numbers will go up in FL
Its inevitable
FL has a huge population decrease over the summer
Snowbirds will arrive by the millions in the next month
No doubt virus numbers will go up

I don't think that I am a snowbird, but I plan to arrive in Florida by the end of November.

Do I need to un-vaccinate myself before showing up?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 20th, 2021 at 9:30:43 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: DRich

No, a full lobotomy will suffice.
October 20th, 2021 at 9:30:51 AM permalink
kenarman
I don't think that I am a snowbird, but I plan to arrive in Florida by the end of November.

Don't worry the vaccinations effect wears off on it's own.
October 20th, 2021 at 9:55:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Nah, just drive well under the speed limit and leave your turn signal on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?