No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 27th, 2022 at 6:47:48 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
People are dying from covid, about 1% of the people who get it.

That's a big number.

"1 of Every 100 Older Americans Has Perished"

"people 65 and older make up about three-quarters of the nation’s coronavirus death toll."
January 27th, 2022 at 8:03:33 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tanko
That's a big number.

"1 of Every 100 Older Americans Has Perished"

"people 65 and older make up about three-quarters of the nation’s coronavirus death toll."

That is a meaningless number without context. How many elderly Americans die in a normal year without covid?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 27th, 2022 at 3:37:24 PM permalink
Tanko
Better save those masks.

"China Warns of NeoCoV Virus with High Death Rate"

"The NeoCoV virus, related to the Middle East respiratory syndrome MERS-CoV, was linked to outbreaks in Middle Eastern countries in 2012 and 2015, which is nothing new. It is also similar in many ways to SARS-CoV-2 which causes COVID-19 in humans."
January 29th, 2022 at 11:21:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Same sh**, different day.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 29th, 2022 at 1:35:45 PM permalink
Tanko
I remember when he did that.

This is an Oct. 17th report and video of his sign off.
January 29th, 2022 at 1:39:26 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Oops, looks like he backed the wrong horse.
January 30th, 2022 at 6:55:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Had interesting discussion about ‘anti-vaxxers’. My wife mentioned some 69 million (I can’t actually remember the number, but something around there!) that have not been vaccinated and then implied that was the number of anti-vaxxers. I claim the number is much higher, in the sense that there are millions of vaccinated people who allowed the governments coercive strength to in essence force them to get vaccinated. I know quite a few that got the shot SOLELY because of the NYS mandate on health care workers, and they decided their job overrode their anti-vaxxer philosophy. And also there are millions of people who are ‘pro vaccine’ in the sense that they realize it is a great way to avoid getting COVID-19, but they ALSO believe the government shouldn’t force someone to get it. Adding all those different types of ‘anti-vaxxers’ up likely makes them a majority, not a minority! Then if you add the millions who are happily vaccinated but think the ever changing mask mandates are a government overreach…. Then add the millions who are against remote school learning at all points during the pandemic….

I think the above summary, although not strictly a Dem/Repub issue, makes November look even bleaker for the Dems.
January 30th, 2022 at 1:19:25 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Quote: SOOPOO
Had interesting discussion about ‘anti-vaxxers’. My wife mentioned some 69 million (I can’t actually remember the number, but something around there!) that have not been vaccinated and then implied that was the number of anti-vaxxers. I claim the number is much higher, in the sense that there are millions of vaccinated people who allowed the governments coercive strength to in essence force them to get vaccinated. I know quite a few that got the shot SOLELY because of the NYS mandate on health care workers, and they decided their job overrode their anti-vaxxer philosophy. And also there are millions of people who are ‘pro vaccine’ in the sense that they realize it is a great way to avoid getting COVID-19, but they ALSO believe the government shouldn’t force someone to get it. Adding all those different types of ‘anti-vaxxers’ up likely makes them a majority, not a minority! Then if you add the millions who are happily vaccinated but think the ever changing mask mandates are a government overreach…. Then add the millions who are against remote school learning at all points during the pandemic….

I think the above summary, although not strictly a Dem/Repub issue, makes November look even bleaker for the Dems.

Gotta disagree, I think the notion that if someone hasn’t gotten one specific vaccine they must be classified as an “anti-vaxxer” in general is rather ridiculous. Even more the need to take it a step further and consider those who took it hesitantly as anti-vaxx as well.
January 30th, 2022 at 1:32:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rquiredusername
Gotta disagree, I think the notion that if someone hasn’t gotten one specific vaccine they must be classified as an “anti-vaxxer” in general is rather ridiculous. Even more the need to take it a step further and consider those who took it hesitantly as anti-vaxx as well.

Nonsense. Most people who have not gotten it could not care less if you do or not. We just have our own reason for choosing not to. "Anit-vaxer" would mean that person is against anyone getting it. Almost half the people I know who got the vax later got the virus. With that kind of result I do not see benefits outweighing risks.
The President is a fink.
January 30th, 2022 at 1:41:30 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Quote: AZDuffman
Nonsense. Most people who have not gotten it could not care less if you do or not. We just have our own reason for choosing not to. "Anit-vaxer" would mean that person is against anyone getting it. Almost half the people I know who got the vax later got the virus. With that kind of result I do not see benefits outweighing risks.

I would ask why you quoted me to say nonsense and go on to not disagree with me. I was saying those who haven’t taken the vaxx or did so hesitantly should not be automatically classified as “anti-vaxxers.”

But then you had apparently put words in my mouth by expanding to ignore the difference in outcomes AFTER contracting the virus (the benefit) and not quantifying what risks you are alluding to or the probability of having those unspecified risks happen.