No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 26th, 2020 at 5:40:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Anyone want to make a bet on how many U.S. citizens die of Corona in the U.S. this year? Someone propose a number and I will bet either over or under for a $100.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 26th, 2020 at 6:05:02 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: OnceDear
Keep drinking the Kool-aid.
Amen Brotha!
February 26th, 2020 at 6:32:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Dow futures turned from positive to negative during Donny’s coronavirus news conference.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 26th, 2020 at 6:50:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Dow futures turned from positive to negative during Donny’s coronavirus news conference.

Exactly what it was supposed to do. Now there are buying opportunities for the conservatives to make more money while the liberals wait for Bernie to give it to them
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 26th, 2020 at 7:07:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
Exactly what it was supposed to do. Now there are buying opportunities for the conservatives to make more money while the liberals wait for Bernie to give it to them

Manipulating the market isn't a contribution to society either, just actual theft.

I mean, if you're implying Trump's intention was to drive the market down for that purpose.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 26th, 2020 at 10:17:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
They're still saying the mortality rate should go down once they get more accurate numbers Still, it's current mortality rate is 20x that of the flu.
It's killed 3x more people than the next closest novel virus.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 27th, 2020 at 3:36:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Anyone want to make a bet on how many U.S. citizens die of Corona in the U.S. this year? Someone propose a number and I will bet either over or under for a $100.

No bet but probably less than 100. Remember the ebola scare? How many other times the same people thought the world was ending?

This one is also no big deal. People want to scare themselves to death.
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2020 at 4:29:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
Keep drinking the Kool-aid.

Interesting statement considering you are just buying all the hype. I am very relieved we have Trump in charge. He will not overreact.

But we both know if it comes down to having to shut the border to "hot" areas the left will sue saying it is "racist" do do so.
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2020 at 5:22:38 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
No bet but probably less than 100. Remember the ebola scare? How many other times the same people thought the world was ending?

This one is also no big deal. People want to scare themselves to death.

The world isn't ending. But it is CLEARLY a big deal. Before it is all done there will be tens of thousands of deaths if not hundreds of thousands. And immense business disruptions. Travel disruptions. And, on this you will agree with me, immense overreactions.

As I've said before, yesterday over 1100 people died from malaria in Africa. And the day before.... and the day before that...... But since it is only Africans and not communicable from person to person it doesn't even make the mainstream news.
And prophylaxis is available (I've taken anti-malarials on two separate trips) so if the affected areas got the needed meds the death toll could be nearly eliminated. Just too expensive....... Imagine the narrative if American lives were being lost because drugs were too expensive.... There are apparently around 5 deaths per year in the US, and all are from people returning from endemic areas.
February 27th, 2020 at 5:28:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

I'm amazed at the difference in conservative response to ebola and Coronavirus
Ebola does not spread easily and righties on this board and foxnews were completely freaking out
Coronavirus spreads so easily, Japan just shut down their school system , and conservatives are saying to remain calm
Too funny
There is no doubt the stock market is reacting to the reality of this virus doing damage to the world economy
I was not personally concerned with ebola. This virus, I am extremely concerned and rightfully so
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"