Tanko
Threads: 0
"Biblical"

"People come in, they get intubated, they die, the cycle repeats.”
March 27th, 2020 at 7:16:52 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
To me, Fauci has done his best to not outright say Trump has sometimes made the message confusing if not wrong at times when Trump adds some of his own thoughts off the cuff. It's extremely awkward to contradict your boss in front of the entire world. But that's what he is faced with sometimes.

Had discussion with my ex. She’s as anti -Trump as you can be without suffering from TDS. We discussed the ‘open by Easter’ statement. I told her it ain’t happening, and I’m sure all of the smart people around Trump know it ain’t happening. But where we disagree is that I don’t think it was a bad thing for him to say. Hope is a pretty important thing. He didn’t put a hard and fast date out there. He used the word hope. In the pantheon of Trump lies this one might be a positive. Same thing for his chloroquine comment. It was a hopeful comment. That some interpreted it as go out and take aquarium fertilizer cannot be blamed on Trump.

NYC hospitals are being overwhelmed. PACU’s are now ICUs. My local COVID only hospital is now starting to get patients. I have to strongly applaud our local Catholic Health System for doing this.

In a different thread, maybe here, maybe on WoV, I’ve detailed my sister and her family’s likely all having COVID. They will likely never be included in the statistics.
March 27th, 2020 at 8:04:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
I guess it must be the far right stuff you are listening to because I don't hear Fox saying that.

Please do not waste your time responding to someone who's hate for "right wing media" trumps his concern for the well being of the population. The quote you posted clearly show's where his priorities are.
The President is a fink.
March 27th, 2020 at 8:30:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Religious Ignorance Kills: Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 27th, 2020 at 8:52:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Religious Ignorance Kills: Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus

Sounds more like political ignorance to me.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 27th, 2020 at 12:14:10 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I have zero confidence in the numbers out of China.

Even with more aggressive measures, the rate of new cases reported is ridiculously low based on how the virus spreads in populations.
March 27th, 2020 at 12:28:46 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

Even with more aggressive measures, the rate of new cases reported is ridiculously low based on how the virus spreads in populations.

Hmmmmmm

Is China hiding COVID-19 death toll? 21 million cell phones disappeared, why?
Let's go Brandon
March 27th, 2020 at 12:29:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I have very little confidence in the govt in China regarding honesty
But
I do have more confidence in US companies in China and how they are evaluating the situation. Starbucks is reopening hundreds of stores in China. Was watching Jim Cramer on CNBC discussing this
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 27th, 2020 at 12:33:21 PM permalink
Dalex64
Isn't Starbucks using information from the government of China to form their decisions?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 27th, 2020 at 12:34:33 PM permalink
fleaswatter
hmmmmmmmm

New evidence shows CDC knew since at least 2005 that chloroquine is effective against coronaviruses

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

I quote part:
Quote:
Conclusion

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection
Let's go Brandon