6 mg butt kicking

Page 6 of 8« First<345678>
April 8th, 2020 at 11:16:21 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Haven't seen it. 12.5 is hard core LOL. I might be only able to sniff it! - while still in the pouch that is
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 4th, 2020 at 9:05:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
So my new choice since it has been in more and more gas stations and stores is Rogue Pouches (By Rogue Nicotine on Demand- they also have a pretty diverse lines of nicotine products including gums, tablets, and lozenges).

But, they (the pouches) are probably my new favorite. They come in two strength 3/mg and 6/mg. They are slightly pricier than the other brands (but cheaper than Zyn), but you get more pouches (20 instead of the standard 15 making the price actually pretty good, especially if you get the 6MG), they come in a metal can very similar in shape and feel to traditional metal dip cans. Online they seem to average around 4USD, depending on where you live, you can quite easily find them cheaper in a gas station if there is a promo.

I stand by what I have been saying, 6MG is not quite high enough, I wish a more mainstream brand would make an 8MG.

The flavors are good, Wintergreen (never been a WG person, but its a fine WG), Peppermint, Mango, and Honey-Lemon (my favorite).

Very worth trying if you can find it locally, the 20 pouches (versus the usual 15) and solid flavors (which last well over an hour if you wish) make it worth checking out. Also, the can feeling like a dip can is nice.

I have not tried there other products (gums, lozenges, and tablets), but they seem well reviewed for people into those sorts of products, pouches are always my preference.

Anyway that is my review of Rogue (which I have been using for some time now), if you don't use nicotine products don't start, but this is a solid alternative to dip and smoking, and one of the better pouches in my view.

https://roguenicotine.com/products/

For those that care of this sort of thing Rogue is jointly owned by Swisher (Tobacco Company- Mail Pouch Chewing Tobacco, Kayak Dip, and of course Swisher Sweets) and Avema (Pharma Company- make many private label products for pharmacies) making it somewhat unique blend of tobacco and healthcare run.
October 4th, 2020 at 3:21:52 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Gandler
6MG is not quite high enough, I wish a more mainstream brand would make an 8MG.
Whoa!
November 24th, 2020 at 1:47:33 PM permalink
Gandler
I just got a can of Velo Mint 4MG today at work.

The pros:
Cheaper than other tobacco free pouches: 99cent a can.(for the same number of pouches, 15, which seems to be the standard).
The flavor is good, subtle mint flavor, not overpowering.

The Cons:
4MG is the strongest currently available, and there are only two flavors (mint and citrus).

I usually have been using two 4MG pouches to get a decent kick.
But, for 99cents a can, it's still cheaper than Zyn (3.50-4.50 a can) even if I always use double the amount (it's over 3X cheaper).

It's also cheaper than the cheapest dip I can find in this state (1.50-1.99 a can for lower end dips, probably 3-4 for more popular brands).

So for 99cents a can even if you have to use two pouches, this is by far the best nicotine bang for your buck I have yet to see. And, that is not even comparing it to cigarettes, which makes it an even better deal compared to smoking.

The experience is equivalent to Zyn in my view, and it's a fraction of the price for the same number of pouches.

The one downside is so far only two flavors are on the market. But, I have a feeling as the brand grows flavors and nicotine strengths will expand to have more options.

So they must be listening. I just received something in the mail (regular mail) from Velo (which I am not sure how they got my mailing address, I must of did some survey at some point, anyway) and they did a remake their products.

They now offer 7Mg (still not the 8mg I was hoping for), 20 pouches per can (as opposed to the 15 of before and of many other brands), and released many new flavors (Black Cherry, Dragon Fruit, Citrus Burst, Spearmint, Cinnamon, Wintergreen, Coffee, and Peppermint).

The price per can did go up to 2.99 (as opposed to .99) , but for the increased nic (4mg to 7mg) level and increased number of pouches (15 to 20) this is still one of the best deals for nicotine pouches (and the first major brand to go over the 6MG to my knowledge).

I have not seen the new cans in stores yet, so I am not sure how the average retail price will compare. It appears that the can was also redesigned to be the size and shape of a dip can.

https://www.velo.com/max.html

Right now you can order 5 cans for 9.99 and free shipping, so I probably will take advantage of this to stock up on some and try some of the new flavors.

I tend to like fruity stuff so I will probably order Dragon Fruit, Black Cherry, and Citrus (and perhaps Spearmint, I don't like Wintergreen and I don't like Cinnamon in any context).
November 24th, 2020 at 4:54:38 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I am also a non-tobacco nicotine enthusiast.

My favorite right now are 8mg ON nicotine pouches. They are fairly competitively priced at $2.50 for a tin of 20 pouches.The pouches are super small, but I like that because it’s discrete.

There is another brand that I like a like better, Zyn, which you can order online. It’s more than double the price of ON pouches however.

I have also tried Velo but was not a fan.
November 24th, 2020 at 5:21:30 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: gamerfreak
I am also a non-tobacco nicotine enthusiast.

My favorite right now are 8mg ON nicotine pouches. They are fairly competitively priced at $2.50 for a tin of 20 pouches.The pouches are super small, but I like that because it’s discrete.

There is another brand that I like a like better, Zyn, which you can order online. It’s more than double the price of ON pouches however.

I have also tried Velo but was not a fan.

Did you try the new Velo or do you mean the old? (the squarish tins), the new one looks very promising (the old was mostly good for economics, .99 tins). I just ordered 5 cans of a mix of Black Cherry, Dragon Fruit and Citrus Burst). The new Velo looks very promising (and 5 cans for 9.99 and free shipping is actually a good deal).

Rogue has been my standard brand for a few months now because it is easy to find (and also has 20 pouches).

I have never seen ON in stores, that is awesome that they have an 8MG (I feel that would be the optimal level for a single pouch). I am glad they are also 20 pouches, that seems to be becoming the new Standard (with the Rebranding of Velo, Rogue and ON), which is preferable to 15 pouches per can.

Zyn I see at many stores. That is made by General Snus, so its a solid brand. But, not worth the price in my view. There are cheaper brands with equal or more nicotine. Zyn is more expensive than a can of actual dip or snus (I think its like 4 something at most stores as opposed to 2-3 dollars for a can of dip). Zyn is solid and easy to find (sold most places that sell General Snus), but not worth the price IMO (also it only has 15 pouches a can unless it very recently changed). Its main advantage is brand recognition (probably by far the most well known nicotine pouch product). I think some stores even keep it in the General snus refrigerator, though honestly this is a bit of overkill (though to be fair most workers probably just assume its another variant of General)....

I honestly like the ease of brands that can be easily bought when needed at gas stations or convenience stores. So brands that I can regularly buy as needed tend to get my support. (Velo had a pretty good presence in stores, I am hoping with the rebranding complete it comes back to everywhere that it was, especially if I really like my order). I don't like to order nicotine products online.

Nicotine pouches seem to be proliferating in popularity, so that will be a good thing when they are carried as commonly as dip and cigs.... (Snus seems to be growing as well).
November 24th, 2020 at 6:16:29 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Did you try the new Velo or do you mean the old? (the squarish tins), the new one looks very promising (the old was mostly good for economics, .99 tins). I just ordered 5 cans of a mix of Black Cherry, Dragon Fruit and Citrus Burst). The new Velo looks very promising (and 5 cans for 9.99 and free shipping is actually a good deal).

Rogue has been my standard brand for a few months now because it is easy to find (and also has 20 pouches).

I have never seen ON in stores, that is awesome that they have an 8MG (I feel that would be the optimal level for a single pouch). I am glad they are also 20 pouches, that seems to be becoming the new Standard (with the Rebranding of Velo, Rogue and ON), which is preferable to 15 pouches per can.

Zyn I see at many stores. That is made by General Snus, so its a solid brand. But, not worth the price in my view. There are cheaper brands with equal or more nicotine. Zyn is more expensive than a can of actual dip or snus (I think its like 4 something at most stores as opposed to 2-3 dollars for a can of dip). Zyn is solid and easy to find (sold most places that sell General Snus), but not worth the price IMO (also it only has 15 pouches a can unless it very recently changed). Its main advantage is brand recognition (probably by far the most well known nicotine pouch product). I think some stores even keep it in the General snus refrigerator, though honestly this is a bit of overkill (though to be fair most workers probably just assume its another variant of General)....

I honestly like the ease of brands that can be easily bought when needed at gas stations or convenience stores. So brands that I can regularly buy as needed tend to get my support. (Velo had a pretty good presence in stores, I am hoping with the rebranding complete it comes back to everywhere that it was, especially if I really like my order). I don't like to order nicotine products online.

Nicotine pouches seem to be proliferating in popularity, so that will be a good thing when they are carried as commonly as dip and cigs.... (Snus seems to be growing as well).

ON is sold at all Wawa convenience stores here. Not sure if I’ve seen them anywhere else.

8mg is definitely on the high end. I am truly not addicted to the stuff, and will often go days or weeks without using. If I do an 8mg pouch after not having done it in a while, it’s definitely a bit too much.

Zyn definitely seems like the highest quality product I have tried so far, but I like the smaller pouch and agree it’s not worth the price.

Not sure if I tried the old or new Velo but I’d give it another shot.
November 25th, 2020 at 6:11:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Are increased warnings about these products in our future?
November 25th, 2020 at 6:49:59 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: odiousgambit

I think nicotine salt has been pretty solidly recognized by the FDA as safe. They’ve been in smoking cessation products for at least 2 decades now, and I have not been able to find anything that suggests they are dangerous when consumed orally.

I am a little bit worried that the pouches could cause or worsen gum disease, gingivitis, overall gum health, etc. But I think it’s pretty clear that these products aren’t carcinogenic.
November 25th, 2020 at 8:33:44 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: odiousgambit

Well they have the same rule as smokeless tobacco 25% of the can or packaging must contain a warning ("this product contains nicotine, nicotine is addictive") , which is kind of ironic because both nicotine products and smokeless tobacco have far more prominent warnings than cigarettes....

Cigarettes you can't even see the warning, its usually engrained in to the packing design on the side of the pack pretty cleverly.

I don't mind warnings, would much rather have a large warning than an increased tax.

However, it appears that products that contain nicotine sourced from tobacco are now considered tobacco products by the FDA. Which is kind of an odd move, because does that mean now nicotine patches are tobacco products?

From what I can tell is if a product is approved to be a nicotine replacement product (NRT) for cessation it is not considered a tobacco product, but if it is not marketed and approved as such it is considered a tobacco product. (That is why some nicotine gum is considered a tobacco product and some is considered an NRT). Same with lozenges (some are approved NRTS). Somebody with more FDA knowledge may be able to correct me, but its strange territory.

Also, some snus products (which do have tobacco, and are similar to dip) are FDA approved to be labelled ("Reduced Harm"), but as far as I can tell no nicotine pouches are...…
Page 6 of 8« First<345678>