No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

March 6th, 2020 at 3:52:21 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
Don’t be surprised if it’s Gretchen Whitmer, governor of Michigan.

Reasonably young, but not under age 40. Battleground state. Ethnicity American.

Good guess.

Stacey Abrams really wants the job.
March 6th, 2020 at 5:07:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
EB's version of reality:

Quote: Evenbob
Of course
Pocahontas today is totally blaming sexism, she
lost because she's a woman. It's the Hillary defense.
It's not because they're lame, it's because they're female.

vs. what she ACTUALLY said:

"Gender in this race, you know, that is the trap question for every woman. If you say, 'yeah, there was sexism in this race,' everyone says 'whiner.' And if you say, 'no, there was no sexism,' about a bazillion women think, 'what planet do you live on?'"
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 6th, 2020 at 6:20:29 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"Gender in this race, you know, that is the trap question for every woman. If you say, 'yeah, there was sexism in this race,' everyone says 'whiner.' And if you say, 'no, there was no sexism,' about a bazillion women think, 'what planet do you live on?'"

She didn't lose because of "sexism". Sexism does exist but there is also plenty of momentum towards moving away from it. Someone may have made a sexist comment to her, if some of the reported conversations are true, but there is no doubt that a woman could win the Presidency. Hillary Clinton proved that and won the popular vote. If she had run a 10% better campaign, she would likely be President today. She just needed to go to places that she decided not to go to and it cost her the electoral college.

More women are getting into various offices every year and that will continue. Change is not perfect and sometimes not as quick as it should be...but it is changing.

No...Warren lost because she did not appeal to the people who were voting. It is tough running for President; most people lose badly. She did better than many.

We may even have a woman as VP should Biden win.
March 6th, 2020 at 6:49:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
She didn't lose because of "sexism".

I was simply pointing out that EB’s characterization of her comments was complete BS.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 6th, 2020 at 6:55:22 AM permalink
RonC
I was simply pointing out that EB’s characterization of her comments was complete BS.

I was only pointing out that she did not lose because of "sexism", she lost because she did not get people to vote for her.

It is something that has come up and will come up again...
March 6th, 2020 at 8:51:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
I was only pointing out that she did not lose because of "sexism", she lost because she did not get people to vote for her.

It is something that has come up and will come up again...

All her crying. Anyone remember the “WKRP” where Sparky Anderson played himself doing a talk show? Venus is trying to get Sparky to talk to Him about what he thought was his baseball days. Asked Sparky why he never made it and the other guy in the room says “I guess you stunk mate!”

Hey Pocahontas. I guess you stunk.
The President is a fink.
March 6th, 2020 at 9:15:38 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
When i was putting together this thread I did see Gretchen Whitmer was a top ten betting choice, but frankly, I had never heard of her. As a no name female not of color I don't think they will consider her, when they have 'name' females of color to choose from.

I think Elizabeth Warren just came off as plain mean. More unlikable than even Hillary. She was way better at attacking her foes than defending her positions. Her playing the 'gender card' after we basically elected a woman last cycle is truly pathetic. And she is playing the gender card to her party! The Democrats! Its not even like she can whine about losing the general election because of sexist, misogynistic Republicans! It's ONLY DEMOCRATS!
Good riddance (I hope!)
March 7th, 2020 at 5:14:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
There was no reason for Klobuchar to drop out of the race, only days before Super Tuesday.

She would have won Minnesota.

The puppet masters forced her and Buttigieg to drop out and throw their support to Biden, while keeping Warren in to draw votes from Bernie.

They even dug up that doofus Beto to throw his support to Biden in Texas.

Look for Klobuchar to get the VP spot as part of the deal, unless the Black coalition forces them to choose Harris.
March 7th, 2020 at 5:37:56 AM permalink
RonC
As we have moved from electing younger Presidents--President Obama is 58, Clinton is 73 and W are 73 and all served 8 years starting in 1993 and the last ending in 2017--to old guys (President Trump being the youngest at 73), the position of Vice president seems to be elevating in importance. Yes, they all are reported to us as being in good health but many have questions about how good of health they are in. Trump will be 77 at the end of a second term; the other two will be in their 80's.
March 7th, 2020 at 8:19:11 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tanko
There was no reason for Klobuchar to drop out of the race, only days before Super Tuesday.

She would have won Minnesota.

The puppet masters forced her and Buttigieg to drop out and throw their support to Biden, while keeping Warren in to draw votes from Bernie.

They even dug up that doofus Beto to throw his support to Biden in Texas.

Look for Klobuchar to get the VP spot as part of the deal, unless the Black coalition forces them to choose Harris.

Abrams is blacker than Harris. Expect the pressure on Biden to pick her to be intense.

I believe Klobuchar and Buttigieg weren't forced to drop out, but were just smart enough to realize that by staying in they were hurting their party. They know Sanders is a poison, while Biden is just old and senile.

I'm sure Beeto was promised some hack job.
Page 2 of 35<12345>Last »