New Most Recent Common Ancestor studied

Page 2 of 2<12
May 9th, 2013 at 3:53:13 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: TheCesspit
I've heard this study before, but it had some flaws... not least the population it was taken from. But there it is common enough that the police have to be careful when taking dna samples for comparison for body identification. The last thing a grieving relative wants to know is that their daughter isn't theirs.

For as many patients doctors see, I'm sure it is better than taking volunteers when the mother already has a good idea she hoodwinked someone. Look around on the internet and you'll see the ads for unprotected copulation to completion plenty lol.
May 9th, 2013 at 5:09:22 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
What was surprising was that a very large percentage of the so called "white" population in America had African ancestors. In the late 1950's when interracial marriage was still illegal in many states the result was eye opening.

Actually, 100% of all human beings who have ever lived have African ancestors.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 9th, 2013 at 5:20:42 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
Actually, 100% of all human beings who have ever lived have African ancestors.

I meant African ancestors after the year 1600.

I put a relationship chart of that show how the each of Europe's 10 currently reigning hereditary monarchs is related to Queen Elizabeth II in wikipedia entry on royal intermarriage.

All European royals descend from the most recent common ancestor, Johan Willem Friso, Prince of Orange who died on 14 July 1711. He drowned at the age of 23 before his second child was born, and he was Prince of Orange for 9 years. He did nothing distinguished in his short life, but he ended up an ancestor of all the royal heads of Europe starting in 1939.

Closest Relation to Queen Elizabeth II of Britain

second cousin
King Harald V Norway

third cousins (some one generation removed)
Queen Margrethe II Denmark
King Carl XVI Gustaf Sweden
King Juan Carlos I Spain
King Albert II Belgium
Grand Duke Henri Luxembourg

fifth cousin once removed (6th cousin)
King Willem-AlexanderNetherlands

seventh cousins
Prince Hans-Adam II Liechtenstein
Prince Albert II Monaco
Page 2 of 2<12