I got the dreaded call

Page 1 of 212>
March 23rd, 2020 at 7:27:20 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
This morning as I got out of the shower I got the dreaded call. "Don't come into the office today". I am clearly not surprised I got the call because there isn't much to do with all gaming machines shut down. I can remotely access my systems and will run my standard Monday reports but after that I have no idea what to do.

I am already bored to death and it is only 7:20am. My wife has forbid me from going to my "underground" bar before 4pm. I have also lost almost all hope of going on my Caribbean vacation in May.

Hopefully I can find some interesting books to read as I don't watch much television or movies.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 23rd, 2020 at 7:36:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
This morning as I got out of the shower I got the dreaded call. "Don't come into the office today". I am clearly not surprised I got the call because there isn't much to do with all gaming machines shut down. I can remotely access my systems and will run my standard Monday reports but after that I have no idea what to do.

I am already bored to death and it is only 7:20am. My wife has forbid me from going to my "underground" bar before 4pm. I have also lost almost all hope of going on my Caribbean vacation in May.

Hopefully I can find some interesting books to read as I don't watch much television or movies.

Yea, I'm not busy at all
I washed and waxed my truck yesterday.
Big job as its a F150, big vehicle. Needed a ladder to access the top of the truck.
Riding my bike a lot
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2020 at 7:37:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

DRich... you are a weird bird. The 'dreaded call' that (It sounds like you are still being paid, correct?) you don't have to come in to work is an inconvenience. Dreaded?

Dreaded..... Your sister tested positive for COVID-19.
Dreaded..... Your father had a stroke.
Dreaded..... You are under arrest for gaming machine fraud.
Dreaded..... Your coworker calls.... "I know we made that mistake and only did it once, but, it's going to be a boy!"
March 23rd, 2020 at 7:53:35 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO
DRich... you are a weird bird. The 'dreaded call' that (It sounds like you are still being paid, correct?) you don't have to come in to work is an inconvenience. Dreaded?

Dreaded..... Your sister tested positive for COVID-19.
Dreaded..... Your father had a stroke.
Dreaded..... You are under arrest for gaming machine fraud.
Dreaded..... Your coworker calls.... "I know we made that mistake and only did it once, but, it's going to be a boy!"

For me it was dreaded. I am jealous that my wife still gets to go to work. If the whole city wasn't closed I would be fine. Rumor here is all golf courses will be shutting down soon. I really don't know if I will be getting paid or not. Fortunately my finances are fine for many months. Trust me, I would be going into the office if I could even if I wasn't getting paid. I just can't sit home.

My sister works in a hospital so I wouldn't be surprised at all if she gets it.
My father already had a stroke so I have dealt with that before.
I cover my tracks to well to be caught for gaming machine fraud.
Very unlikely for me to have another child unless the preventive procedure did not work. And, I have never cheated on a wife or girlfriend.
March 23rd, 2020 at 8:01:01 AM permalink
DRich
Is anybody here in the Phoenix area? Are the Waffle House restaurants still open? If so, I might take a road trip to Phoenix this week for some pecan waffles.
March 23rd, 2020 at 9:12:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Good grief, pick up around the house. Build something. One YT channel has a woodworking guy doing quarantine projects. As long as you are getting paid never a better time in history to be locked in.
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 9:15:04 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
Good grief, pick up around the house. Build something. One YT channel has a woodworking guy doing quarantine projects. As long as you are getting paid never a better time in history to be locked in.

I am doing laundry which is pretty rare for me. I am not the handy type so projects around the house are not for me. I do have a plumber coming over between 11am and 2pm to fix a leaking pipe in the master bathroom. I am looking forward to the social interaction.
March 23rd, 2020 at 9:25:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I am doing laundry which is pretty rare for me. I am not the handy type so projects around the house are not for me. I do have a plumber coming over between 11am and 2pm to fix a leaking pipe in the master bathroom. I am looking forward to the social interaction.

Try learning a small skill. Look into one of those online training things. No matter how small.

You can either serve time or you can make time serve you.
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 10:31:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This morning as I got out of the shower I got the dreaded call. "Don't come into the office today"....[ Fortunately my finances are fine for many months.

Geez, I almost busted out bawling
for you when I read this. BooHoo
for you. Buy a case of Twinkies
and binge watch cable shows
you missed. Your life is soooo
terrible..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 23rd, 2020 at 10:36:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Look up the answers to trivia you might enjoy, like, how many investors really jumped out windows during the 29 crash.

Or play

https://www.amazon.com/Cards-Against-Humanity-LLC-CAHUS/dp/B004S8F7QM
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 212>