Stimulus

Page 2 of 86<12345>Last »
March 25th, 2020 at 2:30:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
t Mr. Trump’s companies would not be barred from benefiting from other elements of the bill intended to help broad swaths of American business.
For example, certain hotel owners, even those employing thousands of people, will be eligible for small-business loans, a provision that could potentially benefit Mr. Trump’s company. The Trump Organization could also benefit from the $15 billion change to the tax code won by restaurants and retailers.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 25th, 2020 at 2:43:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://newlevellers.blogspot.com/2020/03/stop-6-trillion-coronavirus-corporate.html

"But last night White House advisor Larry Kudlow announced it is actually a $6 trillion deal. And business reporter Charlie Gasparino said he’s hearing chatter that the total will be $10 trillion! Say what?!?"

That's not a bailout, that's a coup.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 25th, 2020 at 3:26:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
https://newlevellers.blogspot.com/2020/03/stop-6-trillion-coronavirus-corporate.html

"But last night White House advisor Larry Kudlow announced it is actually a $6 trillion deal. And business reporter Charlie Gasparino said he’s hearing chatter that the total will be $10 trillion! Say what?!?"

That's not a bailout, that's a coup.

Inform your great grandchildren about paying it back.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 25th, 2020 at 4:00:01 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Gandler
You should be eligable for unemployment based on the new UI provisions.

New York strikes again:

March 25th, 2020 at 4:00:46 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: ams288
3 (corrupt, dumb, possibly evil) GOP senators object to how strong the bill’s unemployment insurance provisions are and threaten to hold it up.

Bernie strikes back:

So, people should receive more in unemployment than they did from their salary?
March 25th, 2020 at 4:49:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: aceofspades
So, people should receive more in unemployment than they did from their salary?

During this crisis, I wouldn’t have a problem with that.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2020 at 5:07:48 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: ams288
During this crisis, I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

So if two people were in the same job making similar pay;
one was laid off;
one was not;
the one laid off will now earn more money for not working than the one that did not lose their job

You're ok with that?

Separate question:

What about those of us that do not qualify for the stimulus, but have had little to no income for months after losing their job end of 2019 and have now gone through whatever savings they had?
March 25th, 2020 at 5:24:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

What about those of us that do not qualify for the stimulus, but have had little to no income for months after losing their job end of 2019 and have now gone through whatever savings they had?

What should republicans be fighting for to make sure you qualify and are they fighting for you?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 25th, 2020 at 5:25:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
one was laid off;
one was not;
the one laid off will now earn more money for not working than the one that did not lose their job

You're ok with that?

Yes. Getting laid off sucks. I’d rather maintain my employment than take a few months of some extra government cash.

Quote:
Separate question:

I think they should qualify for the $1200 or whatever the amount will end up being.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2020 at 5:36:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
one was laid off;
one was not;

You're ok with that?

Separate question:

I don't see how you are not eligible for UI?

Also, I assume you have some kind of accountant, don't they average back and forward and all that with income, just for reasons like these?

It seems like your new business is a LLC? Don't customers pay it, and it pays you? I think your corporation should choose to pay UI benefits on it's partners, and any partners going forward, should they not be able to get enough hours or pay, should be able to file. At least that's how I see things.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 2 of 86<12345>Last »