Unemployment

Page 4 of 6<123456>
April 7th, 2020 at 6:32:23 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
You are fortunate and I am jealous.

All the anesthesia groups I know that have furloughed workers are continuing to pay their health care costs. It seems like many Buffalo companies are doing the same. There are such stories on the local news nightly.

I may have asked you this before, DRich, but do you expect to be re-hired when this lockdown is over?
April 7th, 2020 at 7:25:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

I may have asked you this before, DRich, but do you expect to be re-hired when this lockdown is over?

I really don't know. If I had to guess I would put it at 50/50. It probably doesn't help me that I am well paid and only work four days a week. I would say that I am no longer essential.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 8th, 2020 at 3:59:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I am furloughed starting Monday
Company is still paying medical insurance but that's about it
Florida caps payouts at 275 a week. Peanuts. Thank goodness for the extra 600 a week from the federal gvt
Tried to sign up early for unemployment
Florida system sucks.
Kept freezing or kicking me out.
I finally got in deep, it asked me if I made over 275 this week. I said yes of course, next message, no benefits and kicked me out
Cant file early in FL
I should be fine. Have lots of assets to fall back on.
Corona vacation
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 8th, 2020 at 5:39:40 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
I am furloughed starting Monday
Company is still paying medical insurance but that's about it
Florida caps payouts at 275 a week. Peanuts. Thank goodness for the extra 600 a week from the federal gvt
Tried to sign up early for unemployment
Florida system sucks.
Kept freezing or kicking me out.
I finally got in deep, it asked me if I made over 275 this week. I said yes of course, next message, no benefits and kicked me out
Cant file early in FL
I should be fine. Have lots of assets to fall back on.
Corona vacation

I filed in Nevada on March 22nd I think and my application is still pending. I heard they are running 4 to 5 weeks behind.
April 14th, 2020 at 4:00:23 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I filed in Nevada on March 22nd I think and my application is still pending. I heard they are running 4 to 5 weeks behind.

I again went online to apply for Unemployment on the Florida system last night
The system actually worked pretty well as it recognized my employer
I finished up and my claim was pending status last nite.
I just went back in to check my status today. Approved. Wow. That was fast.

This is weird. Never been unemployed in my life. 1st time I have ever applied for unemployment assistance.
Riding my bike a lot
Played golf yesterday
Thank goodness golf courses remain open. I'd go crazy if they weren't.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 14th, 2020 at 4:22:54 PM permalink
DRich
I again went online to apply for Unemployment on the Florida system last night
The system actually worked pretty well as it recognized my employer
I finished up and my claim was pending status last nite.
I just went back in to check my status today. Approved. Wow. That was fast.

This is weird. Never been unemployed in my life. 1st time I have ever applied for unemployment assistance.
Riding my bike a lot
Played golf yesterday

Now you are just rubbing it in. My NV unemployment claim hasn't been updated at all since the day I filed it (March 22). And, all of our golf courses closed last week.
April 14th, 2020 at 5:07:32 PM permalink
SOOPOO

Played golf yesterday

Dictator (Governor) Cuomo closed our golf courses. No rational reason. They had specific social distancing rules. I got two rounds in before the shutdown. Hit a 60 foot putt in round 1. Then bagged a 100 footer in round two.
I think when we played I didn't sink one of over 10 feet.....

Of course we may get SNOW tomorrow......
April 14th, 2020 at 5:12:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Dictator (Governor) Cuomo closed our golf courses. No rational reason. They had specific social distancing rules. I got two rounds in before the shutdown. Hit a 60 foot putt in round 1. Then bagged a 100 footer in round two.
I think when we played I didn't sink one of over 10 feet.....

Of course we may get SNOW tomorrow......

Because when people golf it gives the mentality that it's okay to be outside and around. People need to get used to quarantine.

People do not need to leave their house for nonessential reasons (which golf 100% is).
April 14th, 2020 at 5:28:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler
Because when people golf it gives the mentality that it's okay to be outside and around. People need to get used to quarantine.

People do not need to leave their house for nonessential reasons (which golf 100% is).

I can't disagree with you more. The decision to destroy a business should be based on logic and reason. The need to get people 'used to' quarantine is NO REASON to impose one!

My wife drinks a LOT of diet Pepsi. Always from a can. She sometimes will open one, take a few sips, and leave it to get flat, then get a new one. I'm not sure of the time frame, but I went to return our accumulation of her Diet Pepsi cans and my 2 liter Wegman's diet sodas. To a free standing redemption center. (270 cans/bottles!).

A freaking bottle redemption center is an 'essential business?'
April 14th, 2020 at 5:34:55 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I can't disagree with you more. The decision to destroy a business should be based on logic and reason. The need to get people 'used to' quarantine is NO REASON to impose one!

My wife drinks a LOT of diet Pepsi. Always from a can. She sometimes will open one, take a few sips, and leave it to get flat, then get a new one. I'm not sure of the time frame, but I went to return our accumulation of her Diet Pepsi cans and my 2 liter Wegman's diet sodas. To a free standing redemption center. (270 cans/bottles!).

A freaking bottle redemption center is an 'essential business?'

I can't claim to be an expert on NY essential business and why a soda store (I presume?) is.

But, a gold course is certainly not essential....

I live in a state with the opposite mentality, virtually everything is open except for clubs, bars, adult type places, and beauty shops, and people are being idiotic. It is worse because the Govenor drafted it in such a way to overrule county and city restrictions that were in place (and far stricter) in most major cities and tourist areas.... And, after his foolishness it is actually getting worse because now cities cannot regulate who enters and exits..... Honestly people were begging for him to act, but he acted in a way which supersedes a lot of local policies that were put in place, and now people are traveling through counties freely, it is crazy....
Page 4 of 6<123456>