Entertainment should reflect the audience consuming it.

Page 5 of 6« First<23456>
March 20th, 2021 at 9:41:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

I've never seen Pulp Fiction, so I don't get the reference. It seems like you described the scene well-enough.

It is a movie you should see at some point. But that scene is my point. A guy says they are the same, no difference. Then when called he shows there is a difference. And lets face it, 99% of straight guys out there are going to have a problem with it. (For those of you in Rio Linda want to challenge the "99%" see the comments on the 98% lesbians in the WNBA to learn to critically think when you see this kind of statement.) For all they claim, when they find out the gag reflex will kick in.

Of course there are all kinds of guys who will accept all kinds of weird things in a mate. I mean, Kamala Harris does have a husband. But that is not what we are talking about. I have never heard much from women and how they would accept a former male, but I would assume it is similar.
The President is a fink.
March 20th, 2021 at 10:41:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Then why does he just say he would not have sex with a transgender? Could it be because he realizes once he does then his claim that they are "no different" falls right apart?

I know I never said they are no different than a regular woman. Can you not argue without making stuff up?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 20th, 2021 at 11:33:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Maybe I’ll start posting pics of various women. Duffman has to claim to be attracted to each one, otherwise even if they were born with female genitalia, ovaries and a uterus they can’t be real women.

Too bad if they look more like Bluto from Popeye. He will prove they are real women by saying he would have sex with them. Right Duff?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 20th, 2021 at 11:40:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I know I never said they are no different than a regular woman. Can you not argue without making stuff up?

You are defending their position of being no different. Close enough.
The President is a fink.
March 20th, 2021 at 11:48:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
Of the 879 series regular characters expected to appear on broadcast (ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX, and NBC) primetime scripted programming in the coming year, 90 (10.2 percent) were counted as LGBTQ.

How about handicapped representation
Ironside
A show ahead of its time
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 20th, 2021 at 12:01:57 PM permalink
rxwine

Nope.
March 20th, 2021 at 1:13:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Yeah, they are different from a, 'Regular,' woman. Who would deny this? Does anyone deny that there is a difference between being born with a vagina as opposed to not being born with one?

We've done the whole Sex v. Gender thing to death. I'm not doing it again.

When you talk about equality of treatment, that just refers to legal rights and some people choosing to treat them as they would treat any other woman, or person, if you can honestly say you don't treat the two genders differently at all, which most people can't. I certainly can't.***

Anyway, I can treat transgendered women the same as I would any other woman (and advocate for same) without wanting to have sex with them. As basically stated, I wouldn't want to have sex with most women, so the fact that I don't want to have sex with a transgendered woman doesn't mean I'm treating her differently in any legally or socially meaningful sense.

Generally speaking, I'm not interested in having sex with women who have a B cup size, or smaller, so there goes something like half of women right there.

If I kept listing physical attributes and then included age-related ones, even assuming I was single, I'd probably only consider having sex with something like 5-10% of the female population. Even then, I'd have to not have any other reason to find them physically unattractive, so it's probably ultimately something right around 5% or a little less that I would even potentially have sex with.

So, no, my willingness to have sex with someone isn't exactly a great metric for deciding whether or not someone is a woman...unless you think there aren't very many women.

***For example, if I'm holding a door for a woman, I pull the door all the way out and stand out of the way of the doorway until she walks through the door. At that point, I enter. If I'm holding the door for a man, I walk most of the way inside and extend an arm out holding the door open until he grabs the door, at which point I remove my hand and finish walking in.

EDIT TO ADD: Thinking about it, I very seriously doubt that it's as high as 5%. I try to think of twenty women that I see in a given outing...and I doubt that I'd have sex with one of them, on average. It's probably something like 1%, especially if we start factoring in things not related to appearance or age. It might not even be that high. Of course, I don't think I live in the world's most attractive city...and I'm certainly not helping by being maybe average-looking on a good day.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 20th, 2021 at 1:34:19 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Actually, maybe I'm pulling the city (as a whole) up infinitesimally on the 0-10 scale by being average-looking.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 21st, 2021 at 8:24:03 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Wow Mission, you are picky. I would assume that I probably find 10% of age appropriate women to be sexually interesting.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 21st, 2021 at 8:56:15 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: DRich
Wow Mission, you are picky. I would assume that I probably find 10% of age appropriate women to be sexually interesting.

I think it’s just a function of living in western PA (or is mission in WV? Either way.)
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>