UPS rant (COVID19)

Page 2 of 2<12
April 30th, 2020 at 7:24:36 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: aceofspades
Did you miss this:

Hey, OK. I'm just saying if I really wanted my computer today, I would take the initiative, go to the UPS store, tell the clerk my story, and get my computer. I do this fairly often in the mornings before the truck leaves the station. I'll wait for an hour if need be. I know generally where the UPS driver stops for lunch in this tiny town, and I've waited for him there to get my item off the truck.
April 30th, 2020 at 8:47:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: zippyboy
Hey, OK. I'm just saying if I really wanted my computer today, I would take the initiative, go to the UPS store, tell the clerk my story, and get my computer. I do this fairly often in the mornings before the truck leaves the station. I'll wait for an hour if need be. I know generally where the UPS driver stops for lunch in this tiny town, and I've waited for him there to get my item off the truck.

I was smarter. Went to bestbuy.com. Clicked on computer I wanted. Entered CC info. Entered store I would pick it up at. Went next morning. Pulled up to curb. Showed ID. Computer handed to me. No delay. No worries.
April 30th, 2020 at 8:52:27 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Wizard
This is bizarre. A friend was telling me almost the exact same story this morning, but based on Fed Ex, especially asking to pick up the package himself at the sorting facility.

Hopefully he gets the package today

I have no problem with delays and fully expect them during this crisis but, they should not retcon the tracking details so that they can, I assume, manipulate their "on time" data
April 30th, 2020 at 8:53:24 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
FedEx has a package of mine in
limbo. Walmart shipped a $20
bag of catfood Ap 3rd. There's
a tracking number that it was
picked up in GA and then it
was never seen again. I've tried
calling both companies and
never get thru to a live person.
All it says now on the tracking
page is a mistake occurred.
No shit. They have my money
and my catfood.

I am on a music production message board and someone yesterday posted about how their shipment of cat food from Amazon was MIA

Something going on in the cat food world?
April 30th, 2020 at 3:36:09 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: aceofspades
I am on a music production message board and someone yesterday posted about how their shipment of cat food from Amazon was MIA

Something going on in the cat food world?

The vet just put our cat on prescription cat food. I didn't know prescription cat food existed. It is also mail order so I will update you if it doesn't show up soon.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 30th, 2020 at 4:50:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
All my deliveries have been fine and on time
USPS
UPS
Fedex
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 30th, 2020 at 6:02:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’ve been buying lots of old books off eBay to read during quarantine.

Most of them have been shipped with USPS. I think lots of them are in limbo.

One was supposed to arrive on April 27. It shipped out of Maine. The last it was seen was on April 24 in North Carolina. No updates on the tracking since.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 1st, 2020 at 12:03:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
IOne was supposed to arrive on April 27. It shipped out of Maine. The last it was seen was on April 24 in North Carolina. No updates on the tracking since.

I ordered a cookbook on April 21st that was
supposed to arrive the 27th according to the
tracking number. It is now May 1st and it hasn't
moved since it was last seen in the Midwest
Maybe it's with my cat food.

The only reliable company lately has been Target.
They're getting my stuff to me in 2 days most of the time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2020 at 12:58:01 PM permalink
aceofspades
I woke up yesterday to an email alert from UPS that the package was "out for delivery" and they estimated I would receive it between 9am and 12pm

12pm came and went and I received another email alert from UPS estimating my new delivery time would be between 1pm and 4pm

4pm came and went and I received another email alert from UPS estimating my new delivery time would be before 5pm

The package eventually arrived at 5:30PM

Glad it arrived no worse for wear
Page 2 of 2<12