Book banning

Page 3 of 3<123
May 1st, 2020 at 2:31:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Personally I believe thanks to COVID-19 online school (even high school) will become more normalized, and that will give parents greater control over the courses and content of each lesson. Online HS was even an option for me back in 2009 (I did not take it, I was in a regular public school), so now in 2020, over 10 years later online schools are more efficient than ever, and I think COVID-19 shows how unnecessary being inside a physical school is to learn with the exception of certain sciences and trade classes....

I think we are moving towards an online school and tech-school blended future.... Personally if I could go back in time I would have chose the HS/tech school blend where you attend HS in the morning then and then do training towards your certification after lunch at the designated tech school site, that way you graduate HS with a HS diploma and a certification (something in computers would have been smart at the time). But, my parents looked down on trade school (another attitude that I hope changes) so I was talked into attending regular HS full time.....

Hopefully it kills a few teetering colleges and puts more of HS online. If I could go back I would do some kind of trade school. But in my day "certs" were not what they are now. I would suggest any kids just do the bare minimum for those classes that will not lead to marketable skills. Unless you are going to a top-tier school for the most part skip college. Get a trade or get a cert. Avoid the debt and wasted time.

At the moment it appears males are no longer buying what colleges are selling. Most campuses are what, 60% female?

I keep thinking get a networking cert even at this late stage of life, if I get a long layoff I might.

I do not see the china virus "changing everything" as so many seem to think. But it may help a few things along a little faster.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2020 at 11:47:22 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Anyone else find it curious that libbies ban "The Great Gatsby", yet they think that "Heather Has Two Mommies" is perfectly fine for kids??
And that Drag Queen Story Hour is perfectly normal??

This is why independents and conservatives can't stand libbies..... 😒
Page 3 of 3<123