Socially-distanced concerts

May 9th, 2020 at 10:09:26 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
May 9th, 2020 at 11:38:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm a huge music fan
No doubt I have seen more live performances then anybody on this board.
That being said
No way I'm gong to a concert this year with crowds
I may never go another concert the rest of my life
Too dangerous. I got my lifetime fill. I'm good. Time to move on to something else like visiting every national park in the country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 9th, 2020 at 12:32:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Time to move on to something else like visiting every national park in the country

Great plan! That's good use of a motor home.
May 9th, 2020 at 12:50:15 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
Great plan! That's good use of a motor home.

I tow
Would never buy a motor home, too expensive, poor gas mileage, don't want to take the house everywhere. Could tow a small vehicle but that's really killing terrible gas mileage.
Looking forward to towing a nice upgraded camper around the country. More freedom with a truck. Making the move as soon as my unemployment runs out. Looking at the Winnebago Micro Minnie 21 footer. I'm excited.
I still am owed about 750.00 for a postponed festival. Rescheduled for Oct but I just don't see it happening. If it does, doubt I will go. Yea 750 a lot for a festival but it included electricity so I can sleep in AC.
I see sports coming back because they can still make good coin from broadcast rights.
The music industry, it's gonna be tough, real real tough. I feel fortunate that I lived through what I consider the golden age of music. Musicians need a new business model. Not looking good.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 10th, 2020 at 8:28:00 AM permalink
terapined
The future of live music
Nugs.net
This is what Dead and Company were using making additional coin while touring. They sold a live stream of every concert.