Elon Musk, TESLA threatens California

May 11th, 2020 at 6:16:24 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Elon Musk has threatened to relocate a boatload of TESLA jobs to Nevada and Texas if TESLA is not allowed to resume operations NOW.

He said he will be on the assembly line and is willing to be arrested.

Do you think he is blowing smoke or will really close down a factory and move it to another state? That's a lot of jobs....
May 11th, 2020 at 6:33:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Elon Musk has threatened to relocate a boatload of TESLA jobs to Nevada and Texas if TESLA is not allowed to resume operations NOW.

He said he will be on the assembly line and is willing to be arrested.

Do you think he is blowing smoke or will really close down a factory and move it to another state? That's a lot of jobs....

Bluff
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 12th, 2020 at 3:39:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
You cannot just move a factory on a dime. But it is way possible he, like Toyota, has had enough of CA and their anti-business practices. OTOH, Muck has a history of tweeting things he plans to do but really did not. He still, at age 48, does not grasp that as an insider you cannot just tweet out the things he does when you are a public company.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2020 at 7:40:49 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: AZDuffman
You cannot just move a factory on a dime. But it is way possible he, like Toyota, has had enough of CA and their anti-business practices. OTOH, Muck has a history of tweeting things he plans to do but really did not. He still, at age 48, does not grasp that as an insider you cannot just tweet out the things he does when you are a public company.

He is like Trump. Previously accepted norms for his position (CEO) do not apply, like Trump (President). AZ... you think TESLA wants him out? I think not!
May 12th, 2020 at 7:55:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
He is like Trump. Previously accepted norms for his position (CEO) do not apply, like Trump (President). AZ... you think TESLA wants him out? I think not!

The difference is he is an insider, an officer, of a publicly traded corporation. His statements can and will cause people to make decisions on his stock. Thus there are laws and regulations about what he can say and do.

Say he says he wants to take the company private like he did. And the stock pops. He or his friends sell. Then he says "APRIL FOOL!" That is illegal. Even if he did not benefit personally it is stock manipulation.

He is playing with fire. And I saw his grip on TSLA is not as strong as you would think as so much of his wealth is TSLA stock.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2020 at 8:08:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: AZDuffman
The difference is he is an insider, an officer, of a publicly traded corporation. His statements can and will cause people to make decisions on his stock. Thus there are laws and regulations about what he can say and do.

Say he says he wants to take the company private like he did. And the stock pops. He or his friends sell. Then he says "APRIL FOOL!" That is illegal. Even if he did not benefit personally it is stock manipulation.

He is playing with fire. And I saw his grip on TSLA is not as strong as you would think as so much of his wealth is TSLA stock.

All true. But as a TSLA shareholder, I WANT him as CEO. Probably 20% of the worth of the company is HIS brand name. I think he only gets in trouble if HE makes a short term move to profit, even if technically the law is more broad.
May 12th, 2020 at 8:59:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
All true. But as a TSLA shareholder, I WANT him as CEO. Probably 20% of the worth of the company is HIS brand name. I think he only gets in trouble if HE makes a short term move to profit, even if technically the law is more broad.

I forget where I saw it but he is in a cash squeeze personally. He gets stock options he does not have the cash to exercise them, he sells them he loses his equity percent.

But he will get in trouble sooner or later the way he talks. It does not matter if he profits or not. The SEC does not like that kind of thing. Discussed in "Money Never Sleeps."
The President is a fink.