Black Jogging Enthusiast Killed by Racist Vigilantes For Making Sure Construction Site was Safe

Page 1 of 101234>Last »
May 20th, 2020 at 3:35:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Ahmaud Arbery was innocently jobbing in Brunswick area (GA) when chased down by racist white vigilantes after inspecting a construction site, he was clearly a jogging enthusiast who also had a passion for making sure construction sites were up to code afterhours.

At least that is the impression I have gotten over the last several weeks from leftist friends (this happened not far from where I currently am). The more I dig into this incident the more it seems that Arbery was no angel. I don't know for sure if he should have been shot. (The courts will ultimately decide). But, he clearly was a sketchy person. This is another case where the Left has failed us on logically evaluating emotionally challenging issues.

Arbery has a history of not being a good citizen. Arrests for various minor things pepper his past. That does not merit being shot. But, his behavior in various prior bodycam footage gives you an idea of his personality when confronted by police. Now, emulate that mentality to somebody performing a citizen arrest (while on the phone with police), you can see that he would behave aggressively and irate.

If you are making a citizen's arrest with a firearm and somebody tries to grab it from you, does that justify deadly force? (The courts will decide).

But, I just wanted to make this post because it is close to home in more than one way. The left is sadly digging in their trenches of a racial motif. And, any genuine debate over the issue is punted off as you are a neo-Nazi or modern KKK.....

I am very interested in how the case will resolve, because I have a feeling it is going to be similar in many way to Trayvon Martin (where the Killer is found not guilty).

Should they have followed him? I don't know, if you live in a neighborhood where you are getting burguralized night after night you would be frustrated and likely do the same. They followed him while on the phone with police (similar to Zimmerman) after he broke into a construction site and he matched the description of the local burglar at many houses around the neighborhood. They were clearly not on some random killing spree of black joggers.

Many of the left don't like my position on this, and feel it is racist to even make logical objections. But, this is clearly not cut and dry. Arbery was not an angel, had a history of aggression.... Some are saying the only reason that the killers were not arrested is because of their police ties. Maybe, or maybe the police felt that it was justified force (like with Zimmerman until they were forced to arrest)….. Its hard to say, but I have a feeling they will not be convicted.... Like always I am open to convincing either way.

Body cam footage from 2017 encounter in park. Very worth watching to get a sense of his attitude.
https://fox6now.com/2020/05/19/video-georgia-officer-tried-to-tase-ahmaud-arbery-in-2017/

If you have the time I implore you to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W33Wf9keOQ&t=2164s
May 20th, 2020 at 3:55:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I have not followed it much so am going from your post. If you are spending time "inspecting" a construction site you will get attention if you are not a recognized person from the neighborhood people are going to watch you and possibly confront you. If you enter it even more, and if you "break and enter" then way, way more. So I will say if he was doing more than walking/jogging by and doing a head glance he should not be surprised that you attract attention and get followed.

This will happen in most any neighborhood. When I was delivering luggage I got firmly confronted about what I was doing in a neighborhood. The guy that was asking was nobody to fool around with. He asked what I was doing and I said delivering luggage. He gives a gruff "YEAH?!" And I said "yeah" back. I figure at that point he he figured nobody would say that who was not and waked away. But in that business I was always cautious about being watched as the outsider that I was.

Across from my mother's house is an empty lot. My dad saw a strange car there with someone in it. He went over and gave the guy a "can I help you?" If it was not him it would have been the guy a house over to go ask. Guy turned out to be a narc watching a house down the block.

Everyone involved in both stories was White.

Point being that this "they bothered him because he was Black" does not wash so much with me. Outsiders get noticed.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2020 at 4:07:42 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
I have not followed it much so am going from your post. If you are spending time "inspecting" a construction site you will get attention if you are not a recognized person from the neighborhood people are going to watch you and possibly confront you. If you enter it even more, and if you "break and enter" then way, way more. So I will say if he was doing more than walking/jogging by and doing a head glance he should not be surprised that you attract attention and get followed.

This will happen in most any neighborhood. When I was delivering luggage I got firmly confronted about what I was doing in a neighborhood. The guy that was asking was nobody to fool around with. He asked what I was doing and I said delivering luggage. He gives a gruff "YEAH?!" And I said "yeah" back. I figure at that point he he figured nobody would say that who was not and waked away. But in that business I was always cautious about being watched as the outsider that I was.

Across from my mother's house is an empty lot. My dad saw a strange car there with someone in it. He went over and gave the guy a "can I help you?" If it was not him it would have been the guy a house over to go ask. Guy turned out to be a narc watching a house down the block.

Everyone involved in both stories was White.

Point being that this "they bothered him because he was Black" does not wash so much with me. Outsiders get noticed.

That is exactly what I was trying to say, its not a race issue, but it is being turned that way.

If the" jogger" was white, it would not make it out of the local paper for one day...
And, there would be no arrests.....
May 20th, 2020 at 4:14:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
That is exactly what I was trying to say, its not a race issue, but it is being turned that way.

If the" jogger" was white, it would not make it out of the local paper for one day...

The lamestream media will always turn it that way.

I still remember a story about two Black cops pulled over a car with two White males and they arrested the driver for I forge what. Maybe DUI. This was in IIRC Flint, MI, or some other high-crime, high-violence, 98% Black area. They were going to tow the car and the other guy said, "what about me?" Cops, remember, both Black, said something on the order of "tough luck, this is a cop car not a cab" and pointed him to a pay phone. (This was about 1995 so not so many cell phones and no link.) Guy went and called a cab, 45 minute or so wait.

He was dead in 10.

This should have been national news but not a peep.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2020 at 4:26:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

You're aware that none of the unknown white people who were also videoed walking into that property weren't confronted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2020 at 4:27:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
This was in IIRC Flint, MI, or some other high-crime, high-violence, 98% Black area.

Flint is the only city I've ever
been to where the neighborhood
streets were empty and every
window and door of every single
house had bars on it. Even the basement
and attic windows. Spooky as hell.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 20th, 2020 at 4:41:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

I clicked both links and watched a few minutes of the second one.

I have only seen reference to the first link, maybe once? And whoever put that one up that I saw, made it look to me like a guy was going for a gun and got shot.
Happens.

The second link you posted, I was a little surprised. Whoever made that link seems to be pointing out that, black on white crime doesn't get the media attention white on black gets, or black on black crime doesn't get. Well, them's the facts, what is anybody going to do about it? I do not watch msm, other than local news occasionally, and sometimes that is pre recorded from the day before. Mostly for background noise or to see how well they did on weather predictions. Other than that, the news never changes. I can tell what it will say tomorrow night already. Hard to find a news program that doesn't spend the entire time on Covid. I like a news program, or current events program that doesn't focus on the same thing everyone else focuses on.

But good on ya for putting up the links. I think neighborhood watch is a good program, it's great to see neighbors walking around the hood and checking out the happenings.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 20th, 2020 at 4:48:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Flint is the only city I've ever
been to where the neighborhood
streets were empty and every
window and door of every single
house had bars on it. Even the basement
and attic windows. Spooky as hell.
Spooky stuff. I have worked a few times doing electric disconnects in hoods just like that. It has a certain "vibe".
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 20th, 2020 at 4:54:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
You're aware that none of the unknown white people who were also videoed walking into that property weren't confronted.

Link to source?
May 20th, 2020 at 4:55:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Spooky stuff. I have worked a few times doing electric disconnects in hoods just like that. It has a certain "vibe".

Heard a story about a gas meter reader went in the basement and the woman locked the door behind him. Demanded money or something. When he refused she said he had to wait until her husband got home. He found and broke a window and got the heck out of there.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 101234>Last »