The City on Fire

July 2nd, 2020 at 8:43:48 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Wait, there is now a second national anthem?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/07/02/nfl-play-black-national-anthem-lift-every-voice-sing-openers/5368762002/

What about the Asian national anthem? Latin national anthem? etc...etc...etc
July 2nd, 2020 at 9:43:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/antifa-torches-100-year-old-elk-statue-portland-racism-george-floyd/

Quote:
“The fire did not seem to harm the elk,” said Keith Lachowicz, the Public Art Collections Manager with Regional Arts and Culture Council.

A fire was also set under the statue Tuesday night.

The city then removed the statue.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 2nd, 2020 at 11:02:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/07/02/nfl-play-black-national-anthem-lift-every-voice-sing-openers/5368762002/

Is business picking up?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 3rd, 2020 at 3:13:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I heard of this years ago. BLM wants the return of separate but equal it seems.
The President is a fink.
July 3rd, 2020 at 3:55:06 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Within a few years, their anthem will be played at every event where the Star Spangled Banner, or it's eventual Democrat replacement is played. Activists want "Imagine".

Next up, all politicians will give speeches in two languages, like they do in Canada. English, then Ebonics.

July 3rd, 2020 at 1:29:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

They have been trying to get rid of the national anthem for years because of the references to slavery....

Sad....

I am glad that as of now they have no succeeded.... Now there are pushes for other national anthems..... Insanity....
July 3rd, 2020 at 1:49:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
They have been trying to get rid of the national anthem for years because of the references to slavery....

Sad....

I am glad that as of now they have no succeeded.... Now there are pushes for other national anthems..... Insanity....

We have codes for the flag that aren't followed with the use in on sports fields and symbols on clothes,

No one legislated the playing of the anthem for any sport. It's a custom that people have gotten use to. Now we're ordering people around based on opinion that they can't start new customs.

Who's to say we can't add or subtract a new custom to a sport event. They're not replacing the anthem, just adding another. They're not playing it over the anthem or putting it first. Nothing wrong with it.

In a way, I think in sports the anthem became a gimmick when it should have been reserved for more significant events.

Just my opinion though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2020 at 1:54:49 PM permalink
rxwine
If you want to cheapen the flag and the anthem, attach it to a big advertising opportunity like pro football. That's what we did in our common sports.
July 3rd, 2020 at 2:02:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
We have codes for the flag that aren't followed with the use in on sports fields and symbols on clothes,

No one legislated the playing of the anthem for any sport. It's a custom that people have gotten use to. Now we're ordering people around based on opinion that they can't start new customs.

Who's to say we can't add or subtract a new custom to a sport event. They're not replacing the anthem, just adding another. They're not playing it over the anthem or putting it first. Nothing wrong with it.

In a way, I think in sports the anthem became a gimmick when it should have been reserved for more significant events.

Just my opinion though.

I don’t watch sports, don't care what rich stadium owners do to make their fans happy.... They will do whatever makes the mobs happy, fine

I do care about attempts to alter the U.S. National Anthem in Federal Law....

For example the NAACP has been pressuring the goverment to remove the anthem because it references slavery.... Madness....
July 3rd, 2020 at 2:19:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
I don’t watch sports, don't care what rich stadium owners do to make their fans happy.... They will do whatever makes the mobs happy, fine

I do care about attempts to alter the U.S. National Anthem in Federal Law....

For example the NAACP has been pressuring the goverment to remove the anthem because it references slavery.... Madness....

What do you think about the change in the Pledge of Allegiance?

Quote:
The most recent alteration of its wording came on Flag Day in 1954, when the words "under God" were added.[8]

You can guess why they changed to the hand over heart instead. Changes happen to please or not to offend? Not the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute#/media/File:Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg