The City on Fire

August 7th, 2020 at 12:32:40 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Portland mayor condemns rioters for 'attempting to commit murder'

"The mayor said violent protesters will be used as "props" for President Trump's reelection campaign"

So the mob tries to kill his cops and burn the station down and his worry is........TRUMP!

This is how sick these Democrats are.

That mayor is a 🤡
August 8th, 2020 at 12:17:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I don't know how much Minneapolis, Portland, and Seattle depend on tourism in their respective economies. I'm sure they will be way down for the foreseeable future due to their pathetic mayors not allowing their police departments to quell violence. I've been to Seattle a decade or so ago and liked it. Won't be going back.
August 8th, 2020 at 1:15:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
"Imagine if these riots had happened during Obama's watch", he would have sent in Seal Team 6. Why are both party's allowing our country to be vandalized?
This may be the best Tucker I've seen, [I usually don't watch] but this one was pretty good.

The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 8th, 2020 at 1:37:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
"Imagine if these riots had happened during Obama's watch"

There would be no riots
Obama knows how to heal as he broke into that powerful Amazing Grace at Charleston’s Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church after the massacre.
Trump does not heal, he divides, hence the riots
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 8th, 2020 at 1:37:47 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
"Imagine if these riots had happened during Obama's watch", he would have sent in Seal Team 6. Why are both party's allowing our country to be vandalized?
This may be the best Tucker I've seen, [I usually don't watch] but this one was pretty good.

I can't believe I am agreeing with Tucker Carlson again on this issue.

The left and the right failed miserably. Trump for all of his tough guy talked backed down quickly. Its sad how he is afraid to send in Federal forces to stabilize American cities. It's one of the few issues Trump could have redeemed himself on (being strong on police and military), which for me is such a critical issue it may have changed my vote, but he failed. He got too scared of the media reports of "troops kidnapping people in cities"..... Both sides are completely pathetic on this issue...

The fact that the gut response was police reform bills by both sides instead of tracking all rioters is laughable... Due to COVID, there are many vacancies in jails and prisons, we should be using them right now....
August 8th, 2020 at 1:58:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

The left and the right failed miserably. Trump for all of his tough guy talked backed down quickly. Its sad how he is afraid to send in Federal forces to stabilize American cities. It's one of the few issues Trump could have redeemed himself on (being strong on police and military), which for me is such a critical issue it may have changed my vote, but he failed. He got too scared of the media reports of "troops kidnapping people in cities"..... Both sides are completely pathetic on this issue...

The fact that the gut response was police reform bills by both sides instead of tracking all rioters is laughable... Due to COVID, there are many vacancies in jails and prisons, we should be using them right now....[/q

Why did the mayors and governors not ask for help with the riots? After all, that would be the process.

Liberal mayors are happy to have their cities burn if it hurts Trump. This is not hurting him. His supporters are laughing at the cities allowing riots because stopping them "will help Trump."
The President is a fink.
August 8th, 2020 at 2:35:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman

The fact that the gut response was police reform bills by both sides instead of tracking all rioters is laughable... Due to COVID, there are many vacancies in jails and prisons, we should be using them right now....

Why did the mayors and governors not ask for help with the riots? After all, that would be the process.

Liberal mayors are happy to have their cities burn if it hurts Trump. This is not hurting him. His supporters are laughing at the cities allowing riots because stopping them "will help Trump."

The governments role is to be the adult which means standing up to mobs even when it is not popular.

The Federal government should have a duty to help out cities that have not implemented proper disaster plans.

I really don't care about whose supporters are laughing at who, I care about getting major cities stable, we are already in uncertain times, we can't afford to allow preventable disasters (mass riots) from happening, especially right now....
August 8th, 2020 at 3:40:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

The left and the right failed miserably. Trump for all of his tough guy talked ..

And if Trump had sent in Fed troops
the media and Left would have
screamed DICTATOR from the rooftops.
That he did NOT do it pissed them
off no end. Trump didn't fall for
their chess move. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 8th, 2020 at 3:50:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Evenbob
And if Trump had sent in Fed troops
the media and Left would have
screamed DICTATOR from the rooftops.
That he did NOT do it pissed them
off no end. Trump didn't fall for
their chess move. lol

I thought he doesn't care what the media thinks?
Or does that change in election years?
August 8th, 2020 at 4:05:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I thought he doesn't care what the media thinks?

All presidents say they don't care
because they care too much.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.