The City on Fire

May 29th, 2020 at 4:07:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Talk about Keystone cops
The cops arrest a CNN crew on live television
WTF
The camera crew is no hint to the keystone cops that they are arresting reporters on live TV
Are these the worse cops on the planet.
Gee if the are arresting CNN. think about how many innocent people are getting arrested

"CNN journalist Omar Jimenez has been taken into police custody during a live broadcast at the site of the protests in Minneapolis, after clearly identifying himself to officers.
Jimenez's crew, including a producer and a camera operator, were also placed in handcuffs.
The CNN camera was also taken into custody and continued to record as the crew was handcuffed, with police seemingly unaware that the camera was still on"

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 29th, 2020 at 4:10:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
If being at the food kitchen and the only thing they’ve seen me do is smoke two cigarettes and bring in a food delivery causes me to fit the profile of someone buying drugs; they really need to improve their profiling.

I don’t know who they were there probably looking for, but it certainly wasn’t me. I only say, ‘Looking for,’ to give them credit for being there for at least some reason, otherwise it was just for pointless intimidation.

Wasn't intimidation. As I pointed out, you were out of place. You don't think a soup kitchen is a good cover to buy drugs? Lots of people milling about so it is not unusual for people to be loitering. Drug dealers have to loiter. Loitering attracts attention most places.

They were "looking for" things out of place. Out of place is cause for concern. Out of place is more likely to commit a crime. Out of place is more likely to be in distress. Or it could be neither. So they watch. They should be commended, not condemned.
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2020 at 4:16:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Wasn't intimidation. As I pointed out, you were out of place. You don't think a soup kitchen is a good cover to buy drugs? Lots of people milling about so it is not unusual for people to be loitering. Drug dealers have to loiter. Loitering attracts attention most places.

They were "looking for" things out of place. Out of place is cause for concern. Out of place is more likely to commit a crime. Out of place is more likely to be in distress. Or it could be neither. So they watch. They should be commended, not condemned.

I’m hardly the only white person to ever help out there.

And, no, it would be a terrible place to try to deal drugs because the people who run it would indeed call the police if something was going on. Also, you have the front of the place and one big room; the guests can’t go anywhere else except the bathrooms. If you were doing anything untowardly, it’s pretty likely someone would see you.

Again, if trying to help folks makes me more likely to be a cause for concern, they really need to improve their profiling.

What would I commend them for? Trying to pointlessly intimidate a building and occupants who are all there out of charity?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 29th, 2020 at 4:16:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Shrek
That might be because you're too young to remember the LA riots in 1992.
Did your parents ever teach you about Reginald Denny?

They pulled him out of his truck and bashed his head in with bricks and a toilet.

"It almost looks like members of the community here are fairly proud of their handiwork"

May 29th, 2020 at 4:24:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Looks like CNN reporter arrested due to racism
The arrested reporter is dark skinned

From the Daily Beast

CNN's Josh Campell, who also was reporting from the scene but not standing with the arrested crew, said he was approached by police but was allowed to stay in the area. “I identified myself ... they said, ‘OK, you're permitted to be in the area,’” said Campbell, who is white. “I was treated much differently than [Jimenez] was.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/omar-jimenez-arrested-live-on-tv?ref=home
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 29th, 2020 at 4:28:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined

From the Daily Beast

CNN's Josh Campell, who also was reporting from the scene but not standing with the arrested crew, said he was approached by police but was allowed to stay in the area. “I identified myself ... they said, ‘OK, you're permitted to be in the area,’” said Campbell, who is white. “I was treated much differently than [Jimenez] was.”

You know, if I didn’t know better, I would think it’s almost like police treat black people and white people differently regardless of what the people in question are doing.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 29th, 2020 at 4:33:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I’m hardly the only white person to ever help out there.

And, no, it would be a terrible place to try to deal drugs because the people who run it would indeed call the police if something was going on.

Again, if trying to help folks makes me more likely to be a cause for concern, they really need to improve their profiling.

What would I commend them for? Trying to pointlessly intimidate a building and occupants who are all there out of charity?

I don't know about you, but I would prefer the cops to be watching than at the donut shop. Most places would call the cops if someone was dealing drugs. Unless they were in on it or intimidated.

Why does a cop car intimidate you? See, here is the start of the problem. In these neighborhoods cops are more often seen as the problem rather than the solution. Even if you take out the factor that nobody wants to be a snitch the cops are hated. So you have people who by actions prefer to live in a high-crime area than have the area patrolled by the cops.

Here is where so much of the problem happens. In this kind of a situation some people will eventually interact with the cops. They know if they are doing no wrong the cops really do not want to hassle them. Eventually the conversation will come to "just checking, citizen." And they will say, "no worries, thanks for watching, have a nice day." This group will tend to be older, whiter, and more conservative.

On the other side you will get people that act like a kid the teacher caught doing something unacceptable. They will immediately take a "why ya hassling me, pig?" attitude. They might even say it that way. They will blame "racism" but the bigger factors are dressing and acting like trouble. Pants hanging off them, etc. It does not cross their mind that the cop does not bother the 40 year old black guy walking to and dressed for work that passed minutes before. This group tends to be more black, younger, and probably more liberal. I throw in the "more liberal" because liberals tend to reflexively take a position that the cops are in the wrong.

So some cops were keeping an eye on you there? Go to Cabella's and see if they notice you. There you will be mostly "in place." They will still be profiling, and profile you of no concern.
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2020 at 4:34:17 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
Charlotte 2016

Ferguson 2014

That Mayor should have called for calm the first time he got in front of the television cameras, days ago. He finally did yesterday, after Trump criticized him.

“I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis. A total lack of leadership,”

“Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.”

Sounds like something from the thought controllers at MSNBC and CИИ.

Trying to build a wall across a 1,500 mile border to slow human and drug trafficking, and a 5% reduction in violent crime doesn't count.

Ferguson was bad. Not nearly to this scale. This will continue through the weekend.

Charlotte was hardly anything.... It was only a story because some people marched with torches...
May 29th, 2020 at 4:34:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman

From the Daily Beast

You know, if I didn’t know better, I would think it’s almost like police treat black people and white people differently regardless of what the people in question are doing.

Actually I think it is more they treat people who are polite an cooperate differently than people who are rude and do not.
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2020 at 4:36:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman

From the Daily Beast

Actually I think it is more they treat people who are polite an cooperate differently than people who are rude and do not.

They arrested a news reporter for reporting the news. You don’t have to take my word for it, you can find the video easily enough. He was polite the entire time, just wanted to know why the hell he was being arrested.