The City on Fire

June 25th, 2020 at 8:01:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph
Russia doesn't need fracking as a means of extracting oil, they drill conventional. They also have contracts with major oil company's, Standard, Exxon and the others. We also buy crude oil from Russia, for RT to report on oil drilling is like reporting about sun in Az. Yes, it happens everyday.

Like I said, they have a search function.

Our msm is going to report what their advertisers tell them to report. You will never see a negative word about any of their sponsors.

The intelligence agency's edit every news report published on the airwaves.

https://whowhatwhy.org/2016/12/26/spooked-cia-manipulates-media-part-1/

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/12/26/archives/worldwide-propaganda-network-built-by-the-cia-a-worldwide-network.html

I'm not going to go back and forth about RT and AJ, if you want to get your news from the Russian State or an Islamic State that is your right.

But your last point is laughable. The CIA edits every article published? There must be like a half a zillion people working at the CIA to review every article for every U.S. media company.....
The fact that you can post foolishness like that shows that the CIA does not edit articles....

America allows the publication of anti-American stuff. In fact the freedom to publish anti-American stuff is kind of one of our founding principles....
June 25th, 2020 at 8:20:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
I'm not going to go back and forth about RT and AJ, if you want to get your news from the Russian State or an Islamic State that is your right.
I wasn't able apparently to convey my meaning. I'm saying on television like on the big msm's.

I'm tired of this was well.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 26th, 2020 at 2:50:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Russia doesn't need fracking as a means of extracting oil, they drill conventional. They also have contracts with major oil company's, Standard, Exxon and the others. We also buy crude oil from Russia, for RT to report on oil drilling is like reporting about sun in Az. Yes, it happens everyday.

Conventional wells frack all the time. Fracking is older than most people on this board. What is newer is "horizontal fracking." With that certain medias scared sheep with a scary word and some crazy claims. And the propaganda probably came from Russia and KSA. Eventually it resulted in loons in the Democrat Party one-upping each other to how fast they would ban it.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2020 at 2:08:28 AM permalink
Gandler
A police Officer was fired this last week for a Facebook post:
"Privilege is wearing $200 sneakers when you've never had a job. …... Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school you don't pay for.....paid for by the people who DO HAVE TO DEAL WITH RISING TAXES AND COSTS! "

No, other disciplinary reasons, this single post is why he is fired (which is a slight alteration to a post made by a local mayor, actually after re-reading the mayor's post its a literal copy-paste from the mayor, I snipped it so it does not take up too much space, you can see the full quote in the link below).

He says the post has nothing to do with race (he is white obviously) but referred to him when he was at a time in his life living off government assistance (A story I tend to believe as there is no indication of him having any kind of negative controversy before this post).

He is alleged to have violated a city policy "Employees shall not engage in offensive or harassing conduct, verbal or physical, towards fellow employees, supervisors or the public during work hours or off-duty hours" . Which is odd because the post does not even refer to anyone in specific (nor is it technically verbal or physical)...
The Police Chief said ,"Termination of your employment is appropriate for this matter" ….. (Which is strange to go right to termination for a comment, there is usually a scale of disciplinary and corrective action before termination, this is very unheard of).

Another reason why sensible police will get off Facebook. There are people who are literally watching every random Officers account (he was not even high ranking or anyone in public controversy) to find stuff to be outraged by. Once again, I don't think statements made off of work hours should be allowed to be held against you.

The Mayor refused calls to resign (mostly by people who do not even live locally....) Mayors of course cannot be fired (they can be voted out in referendum, but this usually requires crime or high levels of corruption, not just making people upset)....

I hope the police officer appeals, I find it hard to believe that this abrupt termination will hold on an appeals board especially with no disciplinary history (and especially when a city policy is cited that quite possibly does not apply to Facebook posts)....

Here is the post made by the Mayor:
https://www.wtoc.com/2020/06/18/bloomingdale-city-council-asks-mayor-resign-after-controversial-facebook-post/
June 27th, 2020 at 2:42:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
"Privilege is wearing $200 sneakers when you've never had a job. …... Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school you don't pay for.....paid for by the people who DO HAVE TO DEAL WITH RISING TAXES AND COSTS! "

No, other disciplinary reasons, this single post is why he is fired (which is a slight alteration to a post made by a local mayor, actually after re-reading the mayor's post its a literal copy-paste from the mayor, I snipped it so it does not take up too much space, you can see the full quote in the link below).

He says the post has nothing to do with race (he is white obviously) but referred to him when he was at a time in his life living off government assistance (A story I tend to believe as there is no indication of him having any kind of negative controversy before this post).

He is alleged to have violated a city policy "Employees shall not engage in offensive or harassing conduct, verbal or physical, towards fellow employees, supervisors or the public during work hours or off-duty hours" . Which is odd because the post does not even refer to anyone in specific (nor is it technically verbal or physical)...
The Police Chief said ,"Termination of your employment is appropriate for this matter" ….. (Which is strange to go right to termination for a comment, there is usually a scale of disciplinary and corrective action before termination, this is very unheard of).

Another reason why sensible police will get off Facebook. There are people who are literally watching every random Officers account (he was not even high ranking or anyone in public controversy) to find stuff to be outraged by. Once again, I don't think statements made off of work hours should be allowed to be held against you.

The Mayor refused calls to resign (mostly by people who do not even live locally....) Mayors of course cannot be fired (they can be voted out in referendum, but this usually requires crime or high levels of corruption, not just making people upset)....

I hope the police officer appeals, I find it hard to believe that this abrupt termination will hold on an appeals board especially with no disciplinary history (and especially when a city policy is cited that quite possibly does not apply to Facebook posts)....

Here is the post made by the Mayor:
https://www.wtoc.com/2020/06/18/bloomingdale-city-council-asks-mayor-resign-after-controversial-facebook-post/

This is how liberals treat people. They do not like what they hear they will try to destroy the person. Sadly the cop is hardly the first. The post is several years old at least. It makes a mockery of the "white privilege" that keeps getting claimed.

Vote Democrat if you want more people treated this way.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2020 at 4:36:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
This is how liberals treat people. They do not like what they hear they will try to destroy the person. Sadly the cop is hardly the first. The post is several years old at least. It makes a mockery of the "white privilege" that keeps getting claimed.

Vote Democrat if you want more people treated this way.

It's sad because I liked this Chief a lot when he was first hired.
But, he is letting outside pressures take control of internal affairs...

I mean a firing off a pretty lame Facebook post? Madness in my opinion...
June 27th, 2020 at 5:03:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
It's sad because I liked this Chief a lot when he was first hired.
But, he is letting outside pressures take control of internal affairs...

I mean a firing off a pretty lame Facebook post? Madness in my opinion...

The chief wants to protect his house and pool more than his men.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2020 at 8:32:50 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Another reason why sensible police will get off Facebook.

Another reason why anyone who wants to keep their job, should keep their mouths shut and get off Facebook.

His words may not have been specific, but he included memes featuring Black looters, Kaepernick and Black protesters.

I took the "I wish Kaepernick could afford a helicopter" meme, as a cruel reference to Kobe Bryant.
June 27th, 2020 at 8:52:20 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko
Another reason why anyone who wants to keep their job, should keep their mouths shut and get off Facebook.

His words may not have been specific, but he included memes featuring Black looters, Kaepernick and Black protesters.

I took the "I wish Kaepernick could afford a helicopter" meme, as a cruel reference to Kobe Bryant.

Nope. That is a totally different person. Not even the same state as me....

I am talking about a local Officer...

No clue who that guy is.....

This guy literally posted nothing other than the quote I posted....

That being said I would still defend the Tallahassee guy to post what he wants in his free time.... Oh no memes? How terrible.... But to clarify, that is not who my post was referring. My post was about an Officer in Chatham County, GA....
June 27th, 2020 at 9:45:32 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Officer, Mayor, and now an Assistant Principal in Staten Island is under investigation for posting those same words.