Standard time ended

Not at my house. My clocks are the same
as last week. I put a piece of tape over
the computer clock. I might change
when summer gets here, right now I
don't need an extra hour of daylight.
I watch nothing on regular TV, so it
effects me not at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 17th, 2017 at 2:15:43 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Damn phone. I wasn't done with that reply, hence the weird format...

Quote: rxwine
Hey, gopro your accelerator and brake action for a couple laps.

I thought of it, but I fear it would be dreadfully dreary. With my garbage gearing, there ain't a lick of shifting. Taking the green, sure, but after that it's all third gear. And with my interesting setup, there ain't no braking either. You'd basically see a slow undulation of one foot while the other is jammed into the firewall to stabilize my body in the corners. Doesn't seem like good TV to me.

But I'll keep it in mind. I still have accumulated chassis changes in my head, which may get her more race car and less drift car and result in some foot action. Just have to file it under "we'll see" for now.

Quote: Evenbob
Not at my house. My clocks are the same
as last week. I put a piece of tape over
the computer clock. I might change
when summer gets here, right now I
don't need an extra hour of daylight.
I watch nothing on regular TV, so it
effects me not at all.

I think full time STD would be even worse.

DST should just be how it is always. I love going to work when it's dark. Feels more... I dunno, special. Like I'm not wasting my day at work, I'm getting some of it done before the day starts. And then being able to actually have "day" when not working, yeah, that's the ticket. Whatever the f#$% we were just on is going to be the catalyst if I'm ever found with a self inflicted. It rots my soul and kills me from the inside out. Ain't been a week and I already feel like I've been on a potent head med regimen. I actually felt happiness the other day, believe it or not.

Quote: JimRockford
According to The Boss:

Some guys they just give up living
And start dying little by little, piece by piece,
Some guys come home from work and wash up,
And go racin' in the street

Good pull, JR. Thanks for that =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 17th, 2017 at 2:20:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 38
Quote: Face

I think full time STD would be even worse.

DST should just be how it is always. I love going to work when it's dark.

I agree
I love switching to DST in the Spring
I hate switching back to STD in the fall

I support permanent DST :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 17th, 2017 at 2:48:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 111
Lots of people don't switch, my farmer
buddy in IA doesn't. He wants the extra
hour of daylight in the morning, he
gets up at 5am. He's done by dinner,
except at harvest and that only lasts
a short time. The Amish don't switch
for the most part.

DST was not invented by Ben Franklin.
An English guy came up with it in 1900.
Germany was the first to use it in 1916.

Farmers as a rule hate it, screws with
everything they do. It was originally
championed by shopkeepers so they
could stay open longer in summer.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 17th, 2017 at 3:03:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 119
I recall hearing the change benefitting school kids, so you didn't walk to school in darkness. Or in some cases walk home. Some schools were big enough to have second shift of students.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
March 17th, 2017 at 4:44:17 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 85
I recall some posts that hinted toward the benefits of forgoing the indie route and joining a team. Any thoughts on that?
March 18th, 2017 at 9:45:42 AM permalink
Face
Administrator
Quote: Ayecarumba
I recall some posts that hinted toward the benefits of forgoing the indie route and joining a team. Any thoughts on that?

Still pretty firmly in the "nah" camp.

I've never wrestled and I sure as hell never ran, so this is my first foray into a true solo sport. As much as I hate it at times (most times, lately =p) I'm attracted to it. I still have an urge / goal to "do it myself". Tbh, it's sort of gone past a desire and into a necessity. Even if I don't / can't race, I just have to get it race ready. Gotta erase that failure, even if it only results in an extra few hundred when I sell it. I know that if making the track is my goal, I'd be stupid to pass up the help. But I don't want it "done". I want it to be special =p

I do have contacts. I mentioned hanging out with the Carbone racing family and I'm still in contact with them. Sr has more than once offered (near commanded) to bring it out for some help. And he's liberal with spoken assistance always, so I do have that. But besides the desire to go the Marco Solo route, most all of my fellow racers are in Buffalo or the Northtowns. That's like the shaded area in the Lion King; I don't go there. Plus, I do have the racing mechanic right in my back yard, so there's that.

Solo or bust. Looks like there's but 10 or so weeks until race day, and my tank will be here either today or Monday. The fuel part will be a bit involved, as I reckon I'll be replacing most of it. Tank for sure, as you've seen how badly that thing pours, and I highly doubt I'm gonna get any part of the pump assembly out without destroying it all. It's just so rotted. I know most of the lines I could see were soft and not dry rotted, but I've no clue as to the condition of lines fore of the trunk. Worst case, though, replacing the lot and just running a new one should be an elementary task. Time consuming, but neither complicated or expensive. If that solves nothing, the ECU is next, and after the $120 cost, it'll take maybe 20sec to install.

If neither works... I don't have a plan for that. Last I talked to the racing wrench, the next step would be digging into the wiring behind the dash. At least right now I have NO desire to do that, and very, very little desire to pay to have it done. Of course, I just got hit with a blown tranny and tooth bills, whereas in the future I should have paid off bills, a tax return, and sunny, warmer weather. A month could bring a lot of change, so all plans are currently short-time.
March 21st, 2017 at 3:53:25 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Hockey ended with a Rd2 loss Sunday. 5hrs later I was on the floor with a brutal bug and slept all of Monday. Today...

What. A. Mess.

Now begins the planning. All soft lines can be reused. Many I had to clamp right down on with a channel lock to remove, and none are split or cracking. The fuel gauge...I've no idea how that's coming out. It's so badly rusted I can't imagine it'll ever seal again, and since it's not entirely intuitive how it's connected, I can't imagine busting it out without, well, busting it. I don't really care about the gauge; weighing the car will reveal the fuel load. But what of the big hole in the tank? Will have to see if they make elim plugs. Don't really want to spend any money on a dumb gauge.

The fuel pump assembly might be salvageable. It's pretty bad, but who knows. It's but another hundo to replace, but it's a hundo I didn't account for. And so it begins =p

I assume that snarl of hoses and whatnots has to be part of the evap system. I imagine the blowoff from the head that is collected by the canister in the hood runs back into that apparatus, is filtered, and returns to the tank. Looks like that Chilton's is gonna come in handy =) I suppose I'll swap it if it's viable, or just eliminate it if it breaks. No worries about emission regs on the track, and I think that's the only thing all that jazz allows.

I think, while I'm in the Chilton's, I'll suss out just where all those fuel lines go. There seems to be an awful lot of connections, I imagine to allow for all the other parts and systems, many of which I no longer have. If I find it's some simple A-B line from the pump to the fuel rail, I'm thinking of just running a whole new single line to do just that, thereby eliminating another variable in this performance issue.

Reckon that's the project for the week. Supposed to be like 25* tomorrow, so I guess that's my study and research day.
March 21st, 2017 at 3:57:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 111
And so it begins. The ordeal. At least you
have a dog to help you this year.