Racin' With Face

Page 84 of 84« First<81828384
March 29th, 2019 at 2:59:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
Hint: Japanese

I don't care for the car. It feels small although it is a midsize. It has every bell & whistle so the wife can have this one.

It is called a Mazda 6 Grand Touring Reserve. My wife found it, test drove it, and came home and told me that is the car she wants. It has the air conditioned seats which is a requirement for her. I am not a big fan of it but it gets pretty good reviews. Happy wife, happy life.
March 29th, 2019 at 5:36:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 128
Quote: DRich
Happy wife, happy life.

She's happy about that. Not the other
49 things she's about to bring up.
Charleton Heston said the secret is
to give them whatever they want
every day to avoid arguing about it.
But he periodically cheated on her,
so he had an ulterior motive..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2019 at 6:36:18 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph

Electricity is not your friend, contrary to Bill Murray in Groundhog day.

I hate 12 volts dc , and it hates me right back.

I'm starting to.

Can I just run this winch off its own deep cycle? Beside trying to run 2 gauge the length of my truck without pinching or burning it, that much wire plus hardware is gonna run $300. Will a deep cycle be Good Enough to pull a rolling vehicle forward 20' and up 1'? And if I needed extra oomph in an emergency, couldn't I just jump the mf'er with a neighboring vehicle?

I'd rather spend and mount a whole gen than wire this in ><
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 18th, 2019 at 7:21:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 21
Quote: Face
I'm starting to.

Can I just run this winch off its own deep cycle? Beside trying to run 2 gauge the length of my truck without pinching or burning it, that much wire plus hardware is gonna run $300. Will a deep cycle be Good Enough to pull a rolling vehicle forward 20' and up 1'? And if I needed extra oomph in an emergency, couldn't I just jump the mf'er with a neighboring vehicle?

I'd rather spend and mount a whole gen than wire this in ><
Short answer, yes.

Always be on the lookout for unwanted welding leads, or large size jumper cables with worn out clamps that no one will repair.

In my own way, I was a bit of a building materials "hoarder". Working for power company's gave me access to nearly everyones backyard. I enjoy repurposing things.

Did you get the 8k?
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
Page 84 of 84« First<81828384