No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

October 30th, 2020 at 9:44:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
But you need to have a deadline date or else there could never be resolution. How is any ay better if you don't have a deadline? You could say a week past voting day but how is that more relevant than 8 days passsed, or 14 days passed, 180 days passed?

What if Trump agreed and was able to extend it to 5000 days? I think he would like that.

Most states will not be close
For the close votes
Let the post office declare they have delivered all the votes. Should take a week. Say 2 weeks to be safe
I just want everybody's vote counted
Transfer of power not till late Jan
Therefore plenty of time to count all the votes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 30th, 2020 at 10:05:09 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
There is a deadline. The states must certify their results by a defined date. How they decide to make that determination is up to each state. I don’t care what date they stop counting votes, as long as it was clear to all and doesn’t change because of one party or the other.

I agree.

People have also known for months that the post office will see higher volumes of ballots this year over previous years, and have also known for months that they aren't delivering mail as fast as they used to.

It's too late to put them in the mail now to have any reasonable expectation that the ballots will arrive by election day. Personally, I wouldn't even trust the "postmarked by" laws, so at this point either turn it in, in person, or vote in person.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 30th, 2020 at 10:14:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
I agree.

People have also known for months that the post office will see higher volumes of ballots this year over previous years, and have also known for months that they aren't delivering mail as fast as they used to.

It's too late to put them in the mail now to have any reasonable expectation that the ballots will arrive by election day. Personally, I wouldn't even trust the "postmarked by" laws, so at this point either turn it in, in person, or vote in person.

Saying they have to BE THERE by election day is the simplest thing. We have to learn to say "tough" to these people who cannot do the simplest things like mailing something.
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2020 at 10:23:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64
Personally, I wouldn't even trust the "postmarked by" laws, so at this point either turn it in, in person, or vote in person.

Good enough for the IRS
I dont understand this rush to count
Transfer of power late Jan.
We dont live in a country where transfer of power is immediately after a winner is declared
6 weeks is a long time
lets get it right. Times have changed. The way people vote has changed.
Old deadlines were based on old ways of voting
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 30th, 2020 at 10:27:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
There is a deadline. The states must certify their results by a defined date. How they decide to make that determination is up to each state. I don’t care what date they stop counting votes, as long as it was clear to all and doesn’t change because of one party or the other.

SPOILER ALERT:

The GOP is going to sue to try to shut down the counting in PA before all the votes are counted.

Mark my words.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 30th, 2020 at 10:34:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
I will vote on Election Day. My precinct is not of a large size so all should be well. Last spring they merged a few together for the primary and there was still no wait. I do not see why these places with the long lines cannot simply get it together.

Vote Thursday for best results.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2020 at 10:39:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Can't, that is reserved for Biden voters. Wed, too.
The President is a fink.
October 30th, 2020 at 10:44:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine

Remindiñg. M more and mkore of that vcentrall amertiçan town that elected a fiooit powder â mayor or the vcountry. That elected an actyorv who plays a polliitichian.
Putin goiingtSeNd troops to suppoirtt the tooth mpowder?¿????
October 30th, 2020 at 10:54:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Fleastiff
Remindiñg. M more and mkore of that vcentrall amertiçan town that elected a fiooit powder â mayor or the vcountry. That elected an actyorv who plays a polliitichian.
Putin goiingtSeNd troops to suppoirtt the tooth mpowder?¿????

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 30th, 2020 at 11:15:12 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
as long as it was clear to all and doesn’t change because of one party or the other.
But that's the entire goal of DEMocRATS. They steal elections all the time!!

For example, they stole the WA gubernatorial election back in 2004.
Then they stole the MN senatorial election back in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Washington_gubernatorial_election
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_United_States_Senate_election_in_Minnesota

This is how ridiculous it was in Washington. The libbies didn't get their way when the votes were counted, so they counted the votes a second time. Then they still didn't like the results, so they counted the votes a THIRD time until they won!!
Quote:
Republican Dino Rossi was declared the winner in the initial automated count and again in the subsequent automated recount. It was not until after the THIRD count, a second recount done by hand, that Christine Gregoire, a Democrat, took the lead by a margin of 129 votes.
And you can best believe that the libbies will try their shenanigans again against Trump!!

Quote: DRich
How is any ay better if you don't have a deadline? How is any ay better if you don't have a deadline? You could say a week past voting day but how is that more relevant than 8 days passsed, or 14 days passed, 180 days passed?
He doesn't care. As long as he can keep partaking in his favorite activity, he's happy as a clam. 😂😂