18 members have voted

November 2nd, 2020 at 2:04:52 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:09:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: aceofspades
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13090267/mystery-brit-gambler-bets-5million-trump-election-victory/amp/

Hmm
This is whats probably going on
Trump moved campaign funds off shore and is betting on himself
Who else would be so stupid as to make that bet
Ok, may JR LOL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:43:12 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
We shall see. The Democrat Party of 2020 is dominated by those far left of those who were in power when Obama took control in 2008. My wife thinks Biden will be able to keep a moderate approach. I disagree. I think if all 3 powers are Democrat NOW it will be quite bad for the USA. The one major piece of legislation passed by Obama during the triple Dem time was of course Obamacare. Totally ‘paid’ for in ENTIRETY by adding to the national debt. If Biden/Dems win, expect multi trillion UNPAID FOR stimulus. FAR in excess of what a negotiated package the House Dems and Senate Repubs will cobble together.

So THAT is the reality. I’m 60 and retired and likely to pay little in taxes going forward. My feelings are country first.... The Biden tax plan does not effect me. The piling on to the national debt will have little effect on me. But I care about the future for others. The country THRIVED under bad man Trump until COVID-19. I think if he gets re elected but is checked by a Democrat House, the country will be fine.

The reality is that America is broke af, sick af, angry af, and simply joyless under this President. THAT IS REALITY.

The country thrived? We deficit spent a trillion dollars in a "booming" economy (now we're deficit spending 3 trillion). A pile of dog crap can deficit spend a trillion bux in a "booming" economy and get a 2.9% annual GDP. The last three years of Obama netted 1.5 million more jobs than the first three years of Trump, before the pandemic hit. Trumps BEST quarterly GDP was Obama's 5th best, lol. "THRIVED"?

The economy has performed better under democrats than republicans by almost every economic measurement over the lats 100 years of data. And it's not close. This economic apocalypse you fear under democrats is just unfounded and has absolutely no basis in facts/data.

On the contrary, the last two republicans both oversaw economic collapses at the end of their presidencies. Probably just a coincidence...lol
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:43:22 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Hmm
This is whats probably going on
Trump moved campaign funds off shore and is betting on himself
Who else would be so stupid as to make that bet
Ok, may JR LOL

"And Paddy Power said the volume of wagers placed on the two candidates over the last 24-hours has seen 93 per cent of the money backing Donald Trump to get a second term, with just 7 per cent going for Joe Biden."

I'm still thinking Biden pulls it off but I don't have a lot of confidence.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:46:52 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

So THAT is the reality. I’m 60 and retired and likely to pay little in taxes going forward. My feelings are country first.... The Biden tax plan does not effect me. The piling on to the national debt will have little effect on me. But I care about the future for others. The country THRIVED under bad man Trump until COVID-19. I think if he gets re elected but is checked by a Democrat House, the country will be fine.

I guess I am too selfish. I am not at all worried about future generations. Every generation has their own problems to solve so I am only worried about today.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:51:58 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: DRich
Every generation has their own problems to solve so I am only worried about today.

Have kids?
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:56:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
"And Paddy Power said the volume of wagers placed on the two candidates over the last 24-hours has seen 93 per cent of the money backing Donald Trump to get a second term, with just 7 per cent going for Joe Biden."

Its smart money if say your personal estimate of Trumps odds of winning are say 40% but the bet is at longer odds making for a bigger payoff.
Remember the Wiz's advive
Its not whether you in or lose, is it a good bet. The above is a good bet
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 3:00:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Read it and weep The gold standard
of election polls, the Des Moines
Register, has spoken. They print
their last poll the Sunday before
the election and what the poll says,
so usually goes the rust belt states.

In 2016 they had Trump winning
by 7 and he won by 9. This year
they have Trump by 7 again. They
were tied a month ago. Biden has
plummeted among independents
and really plummeted with suburban
women. They laughed and laughed
at this poll in 16, nobody is laughing
this year.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 2nd, 2020 at 3:19:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I think 2016 just wrecked everybody’s brain and no one trusts the polls anymore. Especially when Donny is on the ballot.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 2nd, 2020 at 3:22:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Just like in 16 Trump's last
rally will be 5 miles from
my house. I won't be going
but it will be jammed.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/929979880/hoping-to-replicate-2016-win-trump-will-make-late-trip-to-grand-rapids
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.