I Side With

Page 3 of 10<123456>Last »
June 10th, 2020 at 2:47:19 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Dalex64
Optimistically, you could say it was for informational purposes only.

Pessimistically, I think they have an ulterior motive for pointing out to people how closely he might be a match for them, to try to put pressure on the DNC to make him the candidate instead of Biden.

Ew. New York can keep him. Or, better still, secede from the United States and make Cuomo THEIR president.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 10th, 2020 at 2:58:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
I agree with you that the country is better off with his policies than any of the options the Democrats have offered up.

That's all you need. The office
isn't a prima donna showcase
like it was with Obama. It's
an actual workplace where
you're judged on what you
accomplish, not on your manners
and etiquette. Obama will go
down as one of our worst presidents,
but dang he sure was cool. Who cares.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 10th, 2020 at 3:34:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
How so? Did he not win reelection? Am I not left-of-center sitting here earlier saying I didn't have a problem with him, Iraq aside? Is presenting oneself as an actual leader and semi-reasonable human being really that unacceptable to you in the leader of the country?

He won indeed, mostly because there was still support for how he handled 9/11 and Kerry was a used-car salesman of a politician. But he left with just 34% approval, unable to get anything done. Had he fought back against media lies it would have been different.
The President is a fink.
June 10th, 2020 at 3:53:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Bob, I want my President to not have hissy fits against the media. I want my President to not use childish tweets as a modus operandi. I agree with you that the country is better off with his policies than any of the options the Democrats have offered up. I want a president who is BOTH aligned with me policy wise, AND well mannered. Sadly, I have no real option this election cycle.

It just emphasizes that being born into privilege has nothing to do with honor or respect. Has everything to do with character. Trump supposedly admires Lincoln but Trump is like a snail observing mount Everest by comparison. Worse, he doesn't even seem to know it and even worse than that, Trump relishes in his repugnancy like a hog enjoying a mud pit.

Edit - sorry to insult the hogs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 10th, 2020 at 4:12:03 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
He won indeed, mostly because there was still support for how he handled 9/11 and Kerry was a used-car salesman of a politician. But he left with just 34% approval, unable to get anything done. Had he fought back against media lies it would have been different.

Right, he could have aspired to Trump’s lofty 41% approval rating. 5% of which is likely made up of straight up racists who didn’t even vote in 2004.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 10th, 2020 at 4:41:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Right, he could have aspired to Trump’s lofty 41% approval rating. 5% of which is likely made up of straight up racists who didn’t even vote in 2004.

Why do you claim people are racists?

How about all the BLM racists supporting Biden?
The President is a fink.
June 10th, 2020 at 4:43:15 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Why do you claim people are racists?

How about all the BLM racists supporting Biden?

First question: Has racism been completely eradicated from this country and I missed it? Well, that’s certainly good, but I wish I had been there when it happened.

Second Question: Why do YOU claim people are racists?
June 10th, 2020 at 4:49:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
First question: Has racism been completely eradicated from this country and I missed it? Well, that’s certainly good, but I wish I had been there when it happened.

Racism will never be completely eradicated from anywhere as it is a natural thing to group with people like you.

Quote:
Second Question: Why do YOU claim people are racists?

BLM is racist. Lets use how they define if something may be sexual harassment. In cases of "touching" a big determiner is if you would touch a same-sex person in that way. IOW, if you touch a woman a certain way and you would not touch a man that way then it is probably inappropriate.

So, I can assure you if there was a "White Lives Matter" movement it would be called out as racist the moment it started. Thus BLM is racist.

BLM supporters probably universally are Democrat. Blacks are the most Democrat demo out there.

I do not see any racism in Trump supporters or at his rallies. I see people with no intelligent rebuttal calling Trump racist.
The President is a fink.
June 10th, 2020 at 5:21:59 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Racism will never be completely eradicated from anywhere as it is a natural thing to group with people like you.

Wait, what? How could one begin to describe and categorize racism and racists without those things existing in the first place? And, what do you mean, “People like me?” Do you not like me because I’m white?

Quote:

BLM is racist. Lets use how they define if something may be sexual harassment. In cases of "touching" a big determiner is if you would touch a same-sex person in that way. IOW, if you touch a woman a certain way and you would not touch a man that way then it is probably inappropriate.

So, I can assure you if there was a "White Lives Matter" movement it would be called out as racist the moment it started. Thus BLM is racist.

BLM supporters probably universally are Democrat. Blacks are the most Democrat demo out there.

I do not see any racism in Trump supporters or at his rallies. I see people with no intelligent rebuttal calling Trump racist.

Why are you allowed to categorize an entire organization as racist and I’m not allowed to speculate that some 5% of Trump supporters are racists? I wasn’t even trying to be facetious; I think it’s quite a reasonable number. Are you worried I called or implied you’re a racist. If it helps, I don’t think you’re a racist.

If you find the word that offensive, I can create a safe space thread if you want. Would you like me to say something like, “Person who generally holds unfavorable views towards people of particular colors,” so I can avoid using your trigger word?

How did we get from race to sexual harassment? I mean, yes, I know the organization has a varied platform...but that’s not what you and I were talking about. Anyway, just don’t touch anybody beyond a quick handshake, problem solved. It’s not difficult. I’d prefer not to be touched, anyway.

Your second sentence illustrates a somewhat fair point, though there is kind of a counterposition they have to it. If you want to know the truth, all of that gets far enough into the Far Left ideological purity weeds that I no longer care. My position is this, “Everyone should be treated equally under the law, in business and preferably also social interactions. Moreover, people should not be racists.” That’s my extremely simple platform.

I don’t think I called Trump himself a racist. I said some of his supporters are racists. Do you maintain that zero of his supporters are racists? I think I also once said that I don’t believe Trump himself is a racist, but I couldn’t swear to it.

There are many Libertarian supporters of BLM.
June 10th, 2020 at 5:35:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Wait, what? How could one begin to describe and categorize racism and racists without those things existing in the first place? And, what do you mean, “People like me?” Do you not like me because I’m white?

I should have said "oneself" I suppose. Meaning people will gravitate to those they share background with. Did not mean "you" personally.

Quote:
Why are you allowed to categorize an entire organization as racist and I’m not allowed to speculate that some 5% of Trump supporters are racists? I wasn’t even trying to be facetious; I think it’s quite a reasonable number. Are you worried I called or implied you’re a racist. If it helps, I don’t think you’re a racist.

Well, because there is no reason to do so and talk about racism is boring. The charge is meaningless it is used so often. And many of us are tired of ANTIFA and other leftist groups tearing down statues and demanding things they do not like to see be removed using "racist" as an excuse. Quite honestly, their behavior imitates the Taliban and their destruction of statues and other things they do not like. Yet they are given a pass. It is a dangerous road we are well down on.

Quote:
How did we get from race to sexual harassment? I mean, yes, I know the organization has a varied platform...but that’s not what you and I were talking about. Anyway, just don’t touch anybody beyond a quick handshake, problem solved. It’s not difficult. I’d prefer not to be touched, anyway.

Using it as an example to prove something acceptable or not you look at if it would be used in similar circumstances elsewhere.

Quote:
I don’t think I called Trump himself a racist. I said some of his supporters are racists. Do you maintain that zero of his supporters are racists? I think I also once said that I don’t believe Trump himself is a racist, but I couldn’t swear to it.

There are many Libertarian supporters of BLM.

I do not care if they are racist or not, I care that they show up to vote for him.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 10<123456>Last »