I Side With

Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>
June 11th, 2020 at 2:26:42 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
He is smart enough to tell the difference between thug rioters and a peaceful protest. BLM and ANTIFA are not a "protest." They are violence just needed an excuse.

Smart enough to push a baseless conspiracy theory that claimed the old man with blood pouring out of his ears is ANTIFA.

Give me a break. Trump is a piece of s**t human being.
June 11th, 2020 at 2:29:10 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Smart enough to push a baseless conspiracy theory that claimed the old man with blood pouring out of his ears is ANTIFA.

Give me a break. Trump is a piece of s**t human being.

The guy may not be ANTIFA affiliated, but there is evidence he intentionally caused the confrontation, and actually wanted one. I do not think the physical result is what he wanted, which is part of one of the conspiracy theories.
June 11th, 2020 at 2:38:43 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
The guy may not be ANTIFA affiliated, but there is evidence he intentionally caused the confrontation, and actually wanted one. I do not think the physical result is what he wanted, which is part of one of the conspiracy theories.

The guy "MAY" not be ANTIFA affiliated?

lol

You guys crack me up.

Let me guess..."a lot of people are saying" that he wanted a confrontation?
June 11th, 2020 at 2:48:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
The only conclusion I can make is that you discuss what Trump says without actually knowing what Trump says! He is supporting the protesters right to protest while wanting to eliminate the protesters 'right' to loot! He absolutely does not condemn anyone who was protesting peacefully, and following the law. It is really amazing how you have fallen into the "Trump bad" group without actually having a fact to back it up. He has said nothing about the George Floyd murder that I find offensive. He condemns the manner in which he died. Use an actual quotation of his to prove your point, please. Your friend, SOOPOO.

He didn't make a sufficiently strong statement against Derek Chauvin, or the need for some degree of police reform, in general. He doesn't go out of his way to be a unifying presence in the country, or to even make a modicum attempt at it. I can't give you a good quote because none exist. That's the problem.

That's why I say I preferred W. and Obama. When the 9/11 attacks first happened, I'm sorry, but I'm going to say nobody could have handled that better than George W. Bush did...maybe a handful of people could have done as well, at best.

I remember he took some flak because he was in an elementary school of some kind reading to some kids when the news broke and he finished reading to them. That was some BS flak. W. was a man who always considered his actions, he didn't want to panic the kids and, if America has been attacked; he probably figured that the best people for those kids to hear it from would be their parents. Good friggin' dude. I'll always defend that, and his leadership and attempts to unify the country, in general. Iraq was really stupid.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 11th, 2020 at 2:50:02 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Fairness Doctrine was initiated at a time with 3 network stations and no internet existed and most people had few radio stations, except locally. The idea was to make sure the public got diverse views.

It was hardly unfairness. Some people like to rewrite history.

I'll have to look into it and get a full version of both sides. It definitely sounds interesting, but I know nothing about it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 11th, 2020 at 2:51:04 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I do not see a disconnect. See, Hilary had all the things I said. But the average person does not see all her problems. The drive-by media surely will not point them out. Trump had to point them out.

Obama had a ton of problems. Biggest was an anemic recovery and he presided over more than half the months of >7% unemployment of all POTUS combined. But this did not hurt him. Romney did not exploit it, either.

I am the average person and was fully cognizant of many of her flaws.
June 11th, 2020 at 2:56:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

I remember he took some flak because he was in an elementary school of some kind reading to some kids when the news broke and he finished reading to them. That was some BS flak. W. was a man who always considered his actions, he didn't want to panic the kids and, if America has been attacked; he probably figured that the best people for those kids to hear it from would be their parents. Good friggin' dude. I'll always defend that, and his leadership and attempts to unify the country, in general. Iraq was really stupid.

That was all Michael Moore trying to stir trouble. What likely happened was the person whispering to him said keep reading as then need a few minutes to assure AF1 is ready and to close the roads off. For about a year AF1 parked across the road from me when Obama or Biden came to town (yes I know is AF2 with VPOTUS.) Cops would be sitting ready to close the roads off but they were open until the motorcade was expected. With that it takes time to let things "clear" as you cannot just close or you trap cars in the path.

Moore was an idiot, yet the media ran with that.
The President is a fink.
June 11th, 2020 at 3:03:24 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
That was all Michael Moore trying to stir trouble. What likely happened was the person whispering to him said keep reading as then need a few minutes to assure AF1 is ready and to close the roads off. For about a year AF1 parked across the road from me when Obama or Biden came to town (yes I know is AF2 with VPOTUS.) Cops would be sitting ready to close the roads off but they were open until the motorcade was expected. With that it takes time to let things "clear" as you cannot just close or you trap cars in the path.

Moore was an idiot, yet the media ran with that.

Maybe that's what happened, but I'm going to hold my version until proven otherwise. I like to think of W. as a good human being. It's kind of odd that reminiscing about a Republican President reminds me of a better time (not 9/11 itself, of course) in this country, but so does reminiscing about the two Democratic Presidents in my lifetime. Not great, but better.

I do agree with the Michael Moore part.
June 11th, 2020 at 7:17:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146

I thought he handled it well.
No panic as you can see him processing what he was just told.
I really liked him going to ground Zero standing with that firefighter.
America needed that showing leadership uniting the Country
Right now we need a leader to unite the country and Trump aint getting it done.
We are seeing a shift in American attitudes towards racism as we have seen regarding gay marriage.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 11th, 2020 at 8:55:13 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I thought he handled it well.
No panic as you can see him processing what he was just told.
I really liked him going to ground Zero standing with that firefighter.
America needed that showing leadership uniting the Country
Right now we need a leader to unite the country and Trump aint getting it done.
We are seeing a shift in American attitudes towards racism as we have seen regarding gay marriage.

But you don't like Trump going to ground zero from the night before at the church? You don't think some of the rescue operations didn't have to pause to clear a safe zone for the president's photo op at ground zero. If it was Trump the MSM would be screaming people were dying and he held up rescue operations for a photo op and you would be posting the same on this forum.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>