Bottom 5 Game

Page 1 of 3123>
June 23rd, 2020 at 10:25:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Greetings!

Just for something to do, let's have a Bottom 5, 'Game,' even though it's not exactly a game.

RULES:

1.) Respond to the previous Bottom 5 List by making a Bottom 5 list of the same category. (Descriptions Optional)

2.) Present a new Bottom 5 List on anything you want. (At least include a small description for each list item)

3.) Rinse and Repeat, do not post twice in a row.

4.) If two people respond to the same post, the post that was the earlier of the two gets the response, OR, the following poster can respond to BOTH of the previous Bottom 5 Lists.

Worst Fast Food (not pizza) Places

Once again, Little Caesars is the only pizza place that I would really consider fast food, because it's already done. I could probably even justify putting them on this list...but $5 is just so cheap for a pizza and it gets the job done if you're feeding a group of small children who don't know any better.

#5 Burger King

Burger King would occupy an even worse spot on this list, except the coffee is excellent and the breakfast is pretty okay. I like the hash rounds and the Enormous Omelette Sandwich if it's one of those days you don't care whether you live or die.

The fries are bland and not really saved by the dipping sauces...which also aren't great. Most Burger King locations I have visited have been extremely inconsistent in cleanliness and service. I'll never understand why people like the burgers so much because they are just flame-broiled mush with no meaningful texture. The whole entire bite very quickly becomes a blob in your mouth that has the consistency of wet bread.

Also, everything else on the menu is a gimmick. Who the hell would ever think they have to ask for cheese on a burger!? Rodeo Burger---gimmick. Roadhouse Burger---gimmick. The bacon burgers wouldn't be strictly a gimmick if the bacon actually had any flavor, but it's more suitable as a dog chew. Impossible Whopper---gimmick.

"Oh, it tastes exactly like a Whopper--Impossible!"

No, personally I find it totally plausible that they would be able to create a plant-based burger that tastes like a burger that doesn't taste like anything. What's more astounding is how Burger King found a way to actually use meat to make something that tastes like a bland veggie burger.

If they still use the same one, the MorningStar Farms veggie burger was probably the best sandwich on the menu.

The chicken tastes like nothing. The nuggets taste like nothing. The onion rings are bland and usually not crispy and now they serve, "Tacos," because...reasons.

#4 Chipotle

I actually like the food (taste-wise), but it seems like they're killing someone with it every other month. I prefer the tacos to the burritos.

If organic and non-GMO blah, blah, blah means a ridiculous risk of mass poisoning compared to other fast food establishments, sign me up for the GMO stuff and the veggies that have been treated with poisons, please.

#3 Dairy Queen

If it's not frozen, (and meant to stay frozen) then it's awful. Dairy Queen dinner foods have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I used to think that the Panini-pressed grilled cheese sandwiches were pretty good...but it turns out that was pretty unique to that specific DQ location. Most do not have this and just serve you a sopping wet pile of crap.

There's nothing good, here. The ice cream isn't even good, but depending on where you live, it's just the only place to drive through and get ice cream.

#2 Panera Bread

Everything that Panera Bread serves, excepting the bakery items, is disgusting. The bakery items, which are difficult to screw up, are fine...but just about anywhere else with similar items is better. The coffee is awful. "But, they have five different coffees." Yeah, and all of them absolutely suck.

This is just a place for a bunch of yuppies who eat there because they want to be seen eating there and like to pretend that the food is healthy. Newsflash: EVERYWHERE has, "Healthy," food, except maybe Dairy Queen, it just depends on what you order.

The nasty soup comes in a huge plastic bag and sits in the warming pot all day, maybe even for multiple days...I wouldn't put it past them.

#1 Quiznos

The one thing Quiznos had going for it was that they were, "Toasty," and then similar chains said, "You know, we could also probably give the customer the option of heating up the sandwiches."

And then, POOF! Quiznos instantly sucked.

Subway is NOT a good sandwich place, but their sandwiches are basically edible and the vegetables don't look like something that fell on the floor of the produce department's fridge in the grocery store to then be trampled underfoot for ten hours.

Any sandwich chain smaller than Subway is virtually guaranteed to be better than Subway---which is itself better than Quiznos.

Even if the ingredients offered by Quiznos indicated the giving of the smallest ****, which they don't, there wouldn't be enough of them.

You could slice the top part of the sub in half and use it (with the same ingredients) to construct a smaller sub...and there would still be too much bread relative to the ingredients.

Quiznos is the best place to go if you want to be disappointed in every way. If you got Quiznos for free, you'd still feel like you overpaid. Quiznos is partially responsible for my Agnosticism because I like to think, in a world with a loving god, Quiznos could not exist.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 23rd, 2020 at 10:59:40 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
Greetings!
. Quiznos is partially responsible for my Agnosticism because I like to think, in a world with a loving god, Quiznos could not exist.

Awesome.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 23rd, 2020 at 11:22:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Subway is NOT a good sandwich place, but their sandwiches are basically edible

I ate at Subway exactly once.
I got a guacamole turkey
sub because I like the big
pic of it on the wall. I took
it to the car and found it
looked NOTHING like the
pic. It showed the guac
being 1/2" thick and on
the real sub it was just an
invisible smear of green.
A tablespoon at the most.
I went back inside for a
refund and they said nope.

I started raising holy hell
and they called the owner
at home and he said to
give me a sub for free.

This is what the pic looked
like and the real sub had
no visible guac at all.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 23rd, 2020 at 11:27:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Thanks DRich!

I believe it, EvenBob, super expensive ingredient. I don't like guacamole, so I have the good fortune of not having to worry about it. Probably the only thing I've ever had from Subway that's even half as loaded as the commercials would have you believe is the Spicy Italian. It's pretty much like that with everything, in my opinion, except when it comes to Wendy's.

Wendy's burgers might not always be ready to be filmed for a television advertisement, but they're always as big as they look in the ads...just not always as well put together.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 23rd, 2020 at 11:37:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I believe it, EvenBob, super expensive ingredient..

I took it in and threw it on the
counter and opened it and
asked the manager if it was
the same sub as in the pic.
She actually said, oh, that's
just advertising, pay no
attention to it.

I went really nuts then, I'm
sure the staff thought I was
insane. Don't pay attention
to the pics on the wall, they're
all fake is what she was saying.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 24th, 2020 at 8:41:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Five things I always hated and never intend to do again (no particular order)

5. Singing. In grade school they made us sing and I felt like we were in some communist Asian country singing propaganda.
4. Roller Skating I never saw what people liked here.
3. Dancing. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld "Because it's stupid."
2. Roller Coasters Hated as a kid, was forced on me until I stood my ground
1. Awards Nights. Sat thru too many in life. Many hours I will never get back.
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2020 at 8:50:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
These are places I would never consider stopping at
1. Sonic
2 Checkers
3 Rally
4 Popeyes
5 Subway
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 24th, 2020 at 9:02:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Five things I always hated and never intend to do again (no particular order)

5. Singing. In grade school they made us sing and I felt like we were in some communist Asian country singing propaganda.
4. Roller Skating I never saw what people liked here.
3. Dancing. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld "Because it's stupid."
2. Roller Coasters Hated as a kid, was forced on me until I stood my ground
1. Awards Nights. Sat thru too many in life. Many hours I will never get back.

You are supposed to also answer the previous list, but good enough.

Five Things I Hated Doing and Intend to Never do Again

5. Horseback riding-I walked bow-legged for something like two days.
4. Bicycle Riding-See #5
3. Attending an NFL Game-Better on TV
2. Attending County/State Fair-I'll probably get suckered into this one again, if I'm honest.
1. Visiting a Museum-Art is pointless and boring.

Five Least Favorite Sit-Down Restaurant Chains

5. Red Robin-Totally overrated. The main gimmick here is how great the burgers are supposed to be, (and priced accordingly) but they are no better than a burger from something like Applebee's and worse than Wendy's. They suck at the ONE thing that they claim to be good at. Also, the, 'Unlimited,' fries that never come.

4. Cracker Barrel-Southern-Style breakfast is disgusting, McDonald's is probably a healthier start. Grits are the worst, 'Food,' ever created, but I imagine might dry into a decent paste. Why must every meat either be slathered in appalling gravy or have no seasoning whatsoever? Bob Evans, but three times worse...Bob Evans actually isn't terrible (for breakfast), although, drinking out of a stupid mason jar infuriates me.

3. The Olive Garden This one would be higher on the list if it wasn't for the unlimited salad and breadsticks which, coincidentally, are the only things I would ever order at The Olive Garden. The Olive Garden is a restaurant for people who think they like Italian food, but actually do not like Italian food at all.

2. Denny's-If there's a reason for Denny's to exist, it's to save a bunch of people money. The best way to save money is to go to Denny's your first time ever out to eat, after that, you'll never want to go out to eat again and will, therefore, save money. Everything about the place is repulsive, with only one exception, (and I've had the misfortune of going to about five different Denny's) which was just okay.

1. Shoney's-I won't call it food poisoning, because I don't actually know, but they are 2-FOR-2 on getting me violently, and almost immediately, ill.
June 24th, 2020 at 9:59:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
I got a guacamole turkey
sub because I like the big
pic of it on the wall. I took
it to the car and found it
looked NOTHING like the
pic. It showed the guac
being 1/2" thick and on
the real sub it was just an
invisible smear of green.
A tablespoon at the most.
I went back inside for a
refund and they said nope.

I started raising holy hell
and they called the owner
at home and he said to
give me a sub for free.

This is what the pic looked
like and the real sub had
no visible guac at all.

Did they not make the sub right in front of you?

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 24th, 2020 at 11:36:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
I got a guacamole turkey
sub...

*groan* the guacamole sub story again. I hope you saved the text somewhere so you can just copy and paste
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 1 of 3123>