What do you worry about?

Page 2 of 2<12
July 29th, 2020 at 9:37:48 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
I would say that going over the different contingencies would constitute, "Worry," as opposed to just waiting to see what happens and then going from there. Maybe that just constitutes preparation...I guess it depends on how much thought you put into the less likely possibilities.

You could be right it might just be semantics. I consider myself a planner, I overthink just about everything I do. If I am planning a vacation I will literally have hundreds of hours of research and planning before I will go. For me to book a plane or a hotel I probably spend 30 hours looking for the best price over the course of a couple weeks. I may be obsessive, and I am cheap.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 29th, 2020 at 10:26:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Perfect place for this. Feminists in the
UK are complaining that masks are
giving men license to 'aggressively
stare' at them. Are you fricking kidding
me. Women are insane.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-licence-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html

Let me understand this:

For them, it's probably fine to record someone who is doing something they don't like because that person is in public, but if they perceive that they are being stared at, that's a huge problem?

Hmm...And, if the masks actually, "Make it worse," and these are probably also the people most vocal about wearing masks, my advice is: Pick one.

I'm not suggesting that there is absolutely no such thing as aggressive staring, just that it's largely a matter of perception. A person could simply be lost in their own thoughts, but their eyes happen to be going a particular way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 29th, 2020 at 10:39:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I'm not suggesting that there is absolutely no such thing as aggressive staring, just that it's largely a matter of perception. A person could simply be lost in their own thoughts, but their eyes happen to be going a particular way.

A few weeks ago at Bovada
the live dealers all started
wearing masks. At first I
found it offensive because
they seemed to be aggressively
staring. It's because that's all
I can see is their eyes. That's
what's happening with women,
they think men are staring at
them because they're totally
focused on the eyes now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 29th, 2020 at 10:41:19 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Let me understand this:

For them, it's probably fine to record someone who is doing something they don't like because that person is in public, but if they perceive that they are being stared at, that's a huge problem?

Hmm...And, if the masks actually, "Make it worse," and these are probably also the people most vocal about wearing masks, my advice is: Pick one.

Don't make the mistake of taking the UK Daily Mail seriously.
July 29th, 2020 at 10:48:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: OnceDear
Don't make the mistake of taking the UK Daily Mail seriously.

Good tip, thank you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 29th, 2020 at 10:50:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
A few weeks ago at Bovada
the live dealers all started
wearing masks. At first I
found it offensive because
they seemed to be aggressively
staring. It's because that's all
I can see is their eyes. That's
what's happening with women,
they think men are staring at
them because they're totally
focused on the eyes now.

Perhaps we should mandate dark-tinted sunglasses for everyone. /sarcasm

But, I do understand that. I've actually informed people, on a few occasions, that I'm smiling about something done/said...because they likely have no way of knowing and probably wonder why I would even be looking in that direction.
July 29th, 2020 at 11:40:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I definitely stare, sometimes at people, if I am trying to think
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 2<12