The Expat Retirement Thread (or expat thread)

Page 26 of 27« First<2324252627>
April 27th, 2021 at 10:36:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 29th, 2021 at 9:04:22 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

I knew some guys over the decades who were married to Filipino women. They were all hell on wheels. Sarcastic nasty impatient critical, they have the guy's balls in their pocket and let him know it 24/7. They ran everything. The house, the kids, the money, the guy had nothing to say in any of it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 29th, 2021 at 9:25:47 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I had a client who over time had me draw up three different pre-nuptial agreements for three different fiiipina prospective brides.

The guy loved the notion of having a young filipina wife; he said they were better than American women, more docile, less demanding.

Of course he was wrong about their true nature: his relationships never lasted as the women quickly gamed the poor sap, having used him solely to get to the USA.
April 29th, 2021 at 10:42:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

I knew some guys over the decades who were married to Filipino women. They were all hell on wheels. Sarcastic nasty impatient critical, they have the guy's balls in their pocket and let him know it 24/7. They ran everything. The house, the kids, the money, the guy had nothing to say in any of it.

I talk to them on the phone all the time. Work voice, so polite it is irritating. Like any woman, date them but do not marry unless you are 10000% for sure. I was talking with my straw boss about what we need to do with that vendor they work for then stopped and said I had better end the conversation before I find a UPS with an airline ticket over there at my door.
The President is a fink.
April 29th, 2021 at 10:56:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee

The guy loved the notion of having a young filipina wife; he said they were better than American women, more docile, less demanding.

A couple of the guys I knew met their wives in the Philippines when they were on leave during the Vietnam War. These women we're all over them, made them the center of the universe and screwed them till their socks fell off. Soon as they get to the US they turn into She Wolves. The only Asian woman I would marry would be from Thailand. The ones I've seen the women are very quiet and let the man be the boss. They are very attractive also. Mark Wiens the famous food blogger, lives in Thailand and his wife is in every video but she very seldom speaks. If she was Filipino she would be telling him how to do video and what he was doing wrong every minute.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 31st, 2021 at 11:42:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Free homes in Japan?

The President is a fink.
May 31st, 2021 at 8:30:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Free homes in Japan?

Yeah, if you're Japanese. And the homes are mostly crap, poorly and skimpily built. If you are even allowed to buy property in Japan as a foreigner, you can never become a citizen. Your children even if they are born there can never be citizens. You will never be accepted in your own community no matter how long you live there. As with anything that's 'free', there will be a hundred catches and potholes.
June 1st, 2021 at 2:34:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

Yeah, if you're Japanese. And the homes are mostly crap, poorly and skimpily built. If you are even allowed to buy property in Japan as a foreigner, you can never become a citizen. Your children even if they are born there can never be citizens. You will never be accepted in your own community no matter how long you live there. As with anything that's 'free', there will be a hundred catches and potholes.

I feel like an outsider pretty much no matter where I am so I think I would actually be fine in Japan that way. I know it drives some people who live there nuts though.
The President is a fink.
June 1st, 2021 at 9:28:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
I feel like an outsider pretty much no matter where I am so I think I would actually be fine in Japan that way. I know it drives some people who live there nuts though.

And I'm sure they thought it would not drive them nuts just like you think that now.
May 18th, 2022 at 8:30:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Page 26 of 27« First<2324252627>