Stock picks

March 12th, 2021 at 11:54:30 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
How about that stock market
I was cheering with conservatives when the market went up during the Trump years
Still going up during the Biden Presidency yet conservatives now silent
Obviously Wall St agrees 1.9 trill will save the economy
Even republican voters are for the bill
Yet no republicans voted for a bill their voters support
No doubt classic BDS.

As I write this the Dow is up 0.76% and NASDAQ is down 0.81%. I can't remember when I have seen the two indexes so at odds with each other.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 12th, 2021 at 1:46:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
How about that stock market
I was cheering with conservatives when the market went up during the Trump years
Still going up during the Biden Presidency yet conservatives now silent
Obviously Wall St agrees 1.9 trill will save the economy
Even republican voters are for the bill
Yet no republicans voted for a bill their voters support
No doubt classic BDS.

I’m cheering with you. The Biden multi trillion dollar largesse giveaway is good for the stock market. So will the inevitable opening up of everything which is happening in Texas, Florida, and very soon the rest of the country. I will of course take advantage of the bill, but that doesn’t mean I support it. To me, adding trillions and trillions to the national debt when not needed at all is just bad policy. With the vaccine now soon to be readily available to all, the majority of the 2 trillion giveaway is not needed.

It would be nice if Biden would answer a question about it.... oh yeah, I forgot, they won’t let him speak extemporaneously.
July 7th, 2021 at 12:29:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I dumped my house money into the stock market almost a year ago
Mostly mutual funds but about 50k on stocks for me to play with personally
I've done really really well despite having hardly no income (more then 1/2 of SSA pays for cobra health)
I'm spending quite a bit as I am in the middle of my dream vacation retirement trip.
Despite spending a ton more then whats coming in
I'm richer today on paper then I have ever been in my life, IRA plus house money transferred to mutual funds and stocks.
Picked a lot of winners and a few losers with that 50K but the rest, mutual funds and IRA doing really well
Amazon was losing money for me a long time
I am finally in the plus area
Only own 1 measly share (may own more via mutual fund or IRA unknown to me)
Bought at 3355.31
Now at 3699.00
woohoo
25 stocks up, some substantially
Only one loser, VZ
WTF is up with Verizon

Watching CNBC. An analyst just predicted Amazon stock will rocket up. woohoo
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 7th, 2021 at 1:44:46 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I dumped my house money into the stock market almost a year ago
Mostly mutual funds but about 50k on stocks for me to play with personally
I've done really really well despite having hardly no income (more then 1/2 of SSA pays for cobra health)
I'm spending quite a bit as I am in the middle of my dream vacation retirement trip.
Despite spending a ton more then whats coming in
I'm richer today on paper then I have ever been in my life, IRA plus house money transferred to mutual funds and stocks.
Picked a lot of winners and a few losers with that 50K but the rest, mutual funds and IRA doing really well
Amazon was losing money for me a long time
I am finally in the plus area
Only own 1 measly share (may own more via mutual fund or IRA unknown to me)
Bought at 3355.31
Now at 3699.00
woohoo
25 stocks up, some substantially
Only one loser, VZ
WTF is up with Verizon

Watching CNBC. An analyst just predicted Amazon stock will rocket up. woohoo

I know I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know but it's good to remember. Stocks generally go up, but sometimes the ride is rough. Stocks have before and will again have losing streaks lasting months if not years. Can you handle it?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 7th, 2021 at 2:08:27 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: JimRockford
Can you handle it?

We shall see
but
I'm a long term investor
I could always go back to work
Already got 2 emails about it
If I lost 1/2 my value on paper, would consider it
Other then that type of disaster
I'll survive comfortably
I'm actually surprised how much my investments are outperforming my spending
The more this happens, the more I can withstand a long downturn.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2021 at 4:34:42 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Futures are down across the board this morning, after the IMF warned yesterday that U.S. inflation could derail the global economy.

BTC is down 6.7%

"Surging inflation, particularly in the United States, has emerged as a new threat to the global economy as it faces a "worsening two-track recovery" from the coronavirus pandemic, the International Monetary Fund warned on Wednesday." -Article

"There is a risk of a more sustained rise in inflation or inflation expectations, which could potentially require an earlier-than-expected tightening of U.S. monetary policy," Kristalina Georgieva, the managing director of the Washington-based IMF, wrote in a blog post."

This bull market is driven by debt. Investors are concerned the Fed could curtail their monthly $120 billion debt purchases in response to the IMF warning.

Not likely any time soon, since in the Fed says is has not seen substantial progress in the economy.
July 8th, 2021 at 6:05:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
Futures are down across the board this morning, after the IMF warned yesterday that U.S. inflation could derail the global economy.

Not "could" but "will."

But in stocks it can be better to live for the week.

XXII seems to be steady falling, perhaps things are not going as great as thought. I will probably let my calls take it away and move to other things.

SNDL remains a toy to play with. Might be popping back to $1.50-2? I have a nice little position to play income games with.

Short BOX the next few weeks, history says it will go down a couple points in July.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2021 at 1:02:07 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
Futures are down across the board this morning,

Yawn

What a day
Just about every single stock I own went up today
Great to finish out the week with a rally
ALL TIME HIGHS for the major indexes
Life is good
July 10th, 2021 at 6:09:18 AM permalink
terapined
Sat morning
All my latest numbers are in from my IRA and investments.
IRA takes a day to compile the numbers from the previous days market
Today on paper I am more wealthy then I have ever been in my life
Woohoo
July 10th, 2021 at 10:19:10 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Yes, effortless wealth is nice.

Maybe liberals making a killing in the market now should have pangs of conscience and give a good chunk of their newly coined efforless wealth to the hometess.