Stock picks

Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>
November 10th, 2021 at 11:01:19 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: SOOPOO
The concept of owning precious metals is the same as owning crypto. There is no real reason for the very high worth of either. But….. that does not mean I don’t think there are people making boatloads trading both types of assets. I will likely buy that PSLV on Monday. Another thing for me to follow!

I would add some GLD to the position in PSLV (up 9% since 9/27).
Inflation is happening and the PM's have likely seen the bottom.
$1800 gold & $24 silver are the new support levels based on recent action.
Physical Silver & Gold for certain has been climbing in value.
Just try and find some 90% junk silver at much less than a 30% premium to spot.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 10th, 2021 at 11:39:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO
The concept of owning precious metals is the same as owning crypto. There is no real reason for the very high worth of either. But….. that does not mean I don’t think there are people making boatloads trading both types of assets. I will likely buy that PSLV on Monday. Another thing for me to follow!
I've been killed twice in PM's, but dealers love me. One of my kids is about 30 working for the troopers, she already has a larger pension than I do, I think? But she is set in several ways, she has real estate, pensions, and stands to inherit on her husbands side an active company. And I think she is ok in cash. So I wanted to give her something she didn't have, and no one else would leave her, so I recently purchased a 1908 gold St. Gaudens double eagle [65] NO MOTTO coin. It has value 3 ways, numismatic, PM, and rare coin. Plus it's just so nice holding one of them. She can give it to her grandkid if she wants, but it is such a nice piece of history. We are binging watching Hell on Wheels for about the 3rd time, toward the end they are having a poker game with the head overlord Chinese guy and he buys in with a stack of gold double eagles, kinda neat.

I tinker with completing it and making a set of No Motto coins, 1/2,1/4, and single eagle. IDK, I have a few rolls of silver eagles, which I gave some rolls to my kids, those made about double what I paid, but they will never be like bitcoin. I'm considering getting some crypto accounts for my grand kids.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 12th, 2021 at 7:13:36 PM permalink
JCW09
GLD was at $172.59 at 2PM EST when I posted about it above.
The question next week will be GLD breaking through $178 or getting pushed down.
After $178, there is minor resistance at the $185 level and then it goes much higher.
We could be looking at $2800/ozt Gold if we don't get some better prints on inflation.
That's a 50% move in spot price and would put GLD at over $260.
Likely fantasy land, but the Infrastructure Bill spend isn't going to help inflation pressures.
Very little of the Infrastructure Spend is through increased gov't revenue, they are spending excess Covid $$.
And that "printing" isn't in circulation as we hit the 6% annual inflation levels.
November 12th, 2021 at 7:24:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
So far loving the stock market
Very diversified
Own precious metals
Have gold in 24k jewelry from China and 1 ounce gold bullion coins
And
Platinum
WTF is up with platinum
Has performed poorly for me over the last 20 years
Gold has been ok
Probably never sell and hand down to nephews
But in the meantime
Kind of neat to have solid gold 1 Oz bullion coins
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2021 at 7:48:58 PM permalink
JCW09
Platinum has been a problem child, I don't own it, not sure why.
But some "experts" are picking it as the value play in PM's right now.
Electrifying everything will impact Platinum positively.
I am buying copper as the play on EV's, etc. but a miner (FCX) not physical.
FCX rocked for me this week and I think it could go to $60 if it can bust through $45 first.
What bullion do you have Ed? I have a few Kruggers, Buffalo, Britannia & some Eagles.
I have lots of physical silver as well. Been stacking that for about 18 months.
I hope your bullion is in a safe deposit box & not rolling around the country with you.
November 13th, 2021 at 4:50:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JCW09
Platinum has been a problem child, I don't own it, not sure why.
But some "experts" are picking it as the value play in PM's right now.
Electrifying everything will impact Platinum positively.
I am buying copper as the play on EV's, etc. but a miner (FCX) not physical.
FCX rocked for me this week and I think it could go to $60 if it can bust through $45 first.
What bullion do you have Ed? I have a few Kruggers, Buffalo, Britannia & some Eagles.
I have lots of physical silver as well. Been stacking that for about 18 months.
I hope your bullion is in a safe deposit box & not rolling around the country with you.

If you want to play with silver for trades you can go on Forex and trade it with leverage. Do keep some at home, but that is for EOTWAWKI, not investment.
The President is a fink.
November 13th, 2021 at 9:30:18 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Me, I invest in real estate and mutual funds / ETF's..

YMMV.
November 13th, 2021 at 11:08:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Me, I invest in real estate and mutual funds / ETF's..

YMMV.

I'm in mutual funds bigtime
I only manage a portion of my assets
I leave the rest to experts cause I don't know what I'm doing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 13th, 2021 at 3:03:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
As far as Mutual Funds, I only own one (TWCUX) which has done RIDICULOUSLY well over the past two decades. In general, I now prefer ETFs which are more liquid than MF’s, and tend to be more tax efficient as well. Usually lower internal fees as well.
November 13th, 2021 at 4:46:51 PM permalink
JCW09
TWCUX shows 14.16% average annual return over last 15 years.
That starts at November of 2006, when S&P 500 was near 1400
Index only made 10% higher before financial crisis of 2008 cut it in half (down 57% intraday @ 666!)
My point is that this is a horrible period for stocks but the S&P 500 still up 334% + divs in that timeframe.
But 14.16% annual average return in TWCUX equals 728% increase if my math is correct.
SooPoo crushing the S&P 500, well done!
Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>