RV life with Terapined

October 10th, 2020 at 3:30:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
That is the beauty of solar panels. They keep the 12 volt up, the control panel of the 2 way fridge works on 12 volt. Without the 12 volt, the refer don't reef.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 10th, 2020 at 3:36:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Do you switch it to propane when towing or does it stay cold long enough?

I turn the fridge off
To unsafe to run on propane if driving
I'm doing short moves. No drive over 4 hours once a week. Everything still cool and frozen food still frozen and freezer still lots of frost. Too much frost now
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 10th, 2020 at 3:39:27 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I turn the fridge off
To unsafe to run on propane if driving
I'm doing short moves. No drive over 4 hours once a week. Everything still cool and frozen food still frozen and freezer still lots of frost. Too much frost now

We used to run on propane when towing. Of course, that was 30 years ago when we didn't do anything safely.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 10th, 2020 at 3:55:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: DRich
We used to run on propane when towing. Of course, that was 30 years ago when we didn't do anything safely.
After seeing several RV's that exploded along the highway from towing with the gas on, I never leave it on when I tow.

What works great for me is, I keep a durable plastic gallon jug frozen and leave it in the fridge when travelling. It keeps everything nice for 8 hours no problem.

The RV I just sold had a 3 way fridge, 12v, electric and LPG. I could leave the 12 function on while driving, but with all the clearance lights and ac at night, it would pull my tow vehicles battery down, while driving.
October 10th, 2020 at 5:51:52 PM permalink
terapined
Im in Santa Fe NM
I had no idea this kind of the arts capital of the country
Somebody mentioned to me only city with more art galleries is NYC
Amazing
Walked up and down Canyon road checking out art studio after art studio
I was quite impressed by the quality.
Better then going to a museum
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 11th, 2020 at 8:18:08 PM permalink
terapined
https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/activists-occupy-santa-fe-plaza-in-protest-of-obelisk/article_fa6f354e-0b3d-11eb-bc1f-7395a446c826.html

https://www.abqjournal.com/1506000/santa-fe-man-chains-himself-to-obelisk-is-santa-fe-plaza.html

Walking through the historic Santa Fe plaza
Protestors
Saw a guy chained to the obelisk, actually had a long conversation with him today as he was chained
Afterwards, decided to do some research on the web and saw he made the news today

Our conversation kind of went like this
Me: Why are you protesting an obelisk.
Him: Its a civil war statue that represents oppression
Me: I've seen a lot of statues, looking at this, civil war not coming to mind. I'm thinking Egypt.
Him: Our signs are covering the civil war inscriptions on the pedestal.
A lot of back and forth regarding obelisks and what they represent. It was interesting.
October 12th, 2020 at 4:23:06 PM permalink
terapined
Checked out La Cieneguilla Petroglyph Site
Fascinating
It was a tough climb as I am out of shape and the air in Santa Fe is thin
The Petroglyphs were great.
Really incredible they have lasted this long

Santa Fe is higher then Denver. The joke is they drive down to Denver
October 12th, 2020 at 4:47:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
Checked out La Cieneguilla Petroglyph Site
Fascinating
It was a tough climb as I am out of shape and the air in Santa Fe is thin
The Petroglyphs were great.
Really incredible they have lasted this long

Santa Fe is higher then Denver. The joke is they drive down to Denver
World class petroglyphs in every direction from where you are. I spent months checking them out, and could have spent years more. Great to have a bowl and meditate on the carvings. You can really feel like you are in tune with the authors.
October 12th, 2020 at 5:43:21 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
World class petroglyphs in every direction from where you are. I spent months checking them out, and could have spent years more. Great to have a bowl and meditate on the carvings. You can really feel like you are in tune with the authors.

I totally agree
I sit there looking around among the carvings and easily imagining myself in ancient times
Just incredible they have lasted this long.
I get the same feeling when I kayak Florida creeks. That mind state of how ancient Indians viewed the world back then
Really loving these petroglyphs.
I want to see more.
Few more days in Santa Fe then on to Albuquerque
October 12th, 2020 at 7:19:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
https://youtu.be/JE37e1eK2mY?t=608
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?