RV life with Terapined

October 31st, 2020 at 7:59:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Living in Silver City NM for a week. Took the long drive into the Gila mountains. 90 min of up and down with tight turns. Really tight. Kind of scary with a few approaching cars. In the end totally worth it. Hiked up to the 700 year old cliff dwellings. Fascinating. One of the few places that allows you to explore rooms. The views were simply magnificent.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 31st, 2020 at 8:14:33 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Living in Silver City NM for a week. Took the long drive into the Gila mountains. 90 min of up and down with tight turns. Really tight. Kind of scary with a few approaching cars. In the end totally worth it. Hiked up to the 700 year old cliff dwellings. Fascinating. One of the few places that allows you to explore rooms. The views were simply magnificent.

You are just about 6000' feet there TP. Do you have the trailer winterized now?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 31st, 2020 at 8:32:42 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
You are just about 6000' feet there TP. Do you have the trailer winterized now?

Not really
As it gets colder, will get out of the mountains
Want to check out the Mountain areas before winter hits
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 31st, 2020 at 10:13:52 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Pictures of that would be appreciated.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 31st, 2020 at 10:46:08 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
Pictures of that would be appreciated.

I got a ton of pics
But
How do I post them?
Is there an idiot's guide?
FB makes it so easy to share, even a caveman can do it
Willing to email them to a member to post, even a caveman can do that :-)
October 31st, 2020 at 11:27:22 AM permalink
petroglyph
I got a ton of pics
But
How do I post them?
Is there an idiot's guide?
FB makes it so easy to share, even a caveman can do it
Willing to email them to a member to post, even a caveman can do that :-)
I was hoping you had mad pic posting skills. IDK how to do it either.
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:25:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
This sounds like a question I'd be asking to someone traveling through the old USSR.....

When you RV from one state to the next, are you quarantining in any way, shape, or fashion? I think if you now came into NY, you would be required to quarantine for 2 weeks...
November 2nd, 2020 at 11:53:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: SOOPOO
This sounds like a question I'd be asking to someone traveling through the old USSR.....

When you RV from one state to the next, are you quarantining in any way, shape, or fashion? I think if you now came into NY, you would be required to quarantine for 2 weeks...
f

ONLY California does that to protect their agricultural interesrs from gypsy moths, fruitflies etc.The people in an RV are usuallly not social distancing or safe-sexing. so wh quaratine the vehicle?
Near
November 2nd, 2020 at 12:39:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: SOOPOO

Nyet
November 2nd, 2020 at 3:37:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Elevation is everything in this part of the country regards temperature. If it's warm or was warm, or there's a big warm rock, don't totally believe all snakes are hard sleepers. I've seen them Nov. -Feb. laying out basking on a rock.

I read somehow snakes [western rattlers] somehow have smartened up in one or two generations, way faster than science would predict. You've probably seen it also? After so many snake round ups, the snakes are learning not to rattle and indicate their positions, jmho.