RV life with Terapined

November 2nd, 2020 at 4:20:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Elevation is everything in this part of the country regards temperature. If it's warm or was warm, or there's a big warm rock, don't totally believe all snakes are hard sleepers. I've seen them Nov. -Feb. laying out basking on a rock.

I read somehow snakes [western rattlers] somehow have smartened up in one or two generations, way faster than science would predict. You've probably seen it also? After so many snake round ups, the snakes are learning not to rattle and indicate their positions, jmho.

Have not seen a single snake
Just rabbits
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 5:29:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Elevation is everything in this part of the country regards temperature. If it's warm or was warm, or there's a big warm rock, don't totally believe all snakes are hard sleepers. I've seen them Nov. -Feb. laying out basking on a rock.

I read somehow snakes [western rattlers] somehow have smartened up in one or two generations, way faster than science would predict. You've probably seen it also? After so many snake round ups, the snakes are learning not to rattle and indicate their positions, jmho.

Have not seen a single snake
Just rabbits

Mountain Lions. estimated 1800 of them in NM.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2020 at 8:37:12 PM permalink
terapined
So proud of Arizona, gonna move there tomorrow:-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 7th, 2020 at 9:08:14 AM permalink
terapined
Living in the Town Ed Schieffelin started
He was prospecting in Arizona
Very dangerous with the apache nearby
So dangerous, Ed wouldn't even light a match at night for fear of being detected
Friends told him so dangerous, only thing he would find is his own tombstone
Ed found silver ore and called the new town by his mine Tombstone
When he found silver ore, his friend remarked "thats good enough for me, lets dig"
Hence the "good enough" mine
Took the tour of the "good enough" mine
A friend of Ed's saw a spot nearby to dig but thought it might be a tough nut to crack. Hence the nearby "tough nut" mine
Learned there are 500 miles of mines underneath Tombstone going down 47 stories.All the nearby mines are named like that.
November 7th, 2020 at 9:30:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Living in the Town Ed Schieffelin started
He was prospecting in Arizona
Very dangerous with the apache nearby
So dangerous, Ed wouldn't even light a match at night for fear of being detected
Friends told him so dangerous, only thing he would find is his own tombstone
Ed found silver ore and called the new town by his mine Tombstone
When he found silver ore, his friend remarked "thats good enough for me, lets dig"
Hence the "good enough" mine
Took the tour of the "good enough" mine
A friend of Ed's saw a spot nearby to dig but thought it might be a tough nut to crack. Hence the nearby "tough nut" mine
Learned there are 500 miles of mines underneath Tombstone going down 47 stories.All the nearby mines are named like that.

Ed.... I am so happy for you in your retirement. Mine will take time as COVID-19 limits my travel.... You really are seeing America in a way you can only do with your mobile home. Let’s not talk politics anymore! Friendships always Trump politics! I have been Biden my time waiting to post this!
November 7th, 2020 at 11:45:58 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: SOOPOO
Friendships always Trump politics! I have been Biden my time waiting to post this!
LOL
Arizona history is rich. The ordeals of mrs. Paige ae almost unbelievable. Some film producers set things abroad because they do't believe audiences would accept the real-life USA events.
As a youth, i use to read Arizona Highways and couldn't believe such beautiful photos came from their motor vrhicle dept
there are still some drivers who celebrate 'two lane blacktop' roads and onfine theirtravels to small town America where horses and dogs get lited on the poulatio signs.

Vb
November 8th, 2020 at 2:59:58 PM permalink
terapined
Im in Tombstone
Its fascinating because what happened at the OK Corral was political
Republicans against Democrats
I'm not kidding, in Tombstone it was really Republicans against Dems
It was ranching and cattle interests (Cowboys) vs City interests (mining)
Tensions were extremely high with violent threats made the day before the shooting
Each side actually had their own newspaper
The Democrats all read the Tombstone Nugget
The Republicans all read the Tombstone Epitaph.
After the shooting, each publication took sides.
The Epitaph reported that the Wyatts and Holiday defending themselves after ordering the cowboys to disarm
The Nugget reported that the Cowboys hands were up when the shooting started.

By the way the shooting did not take place at the OK Corral. It took place in an alley next to CS Flys photo studio and rooming house where Doc Holiday had a room. It a block from the OK. There is actually a wall right in the middle of the historic gun fight. Most of the action happened on the side of the wall where they have the actors do shows. The public side of the wall on Freemont st is where Doc Holiday stood when the shooting started. Also the public street corner is where Tom Mclaurey ended up when the shooting ended. He was in such bad shape, they took him across the street to a house and pumped him full of morphine because he was dying.
November 8th, 2020 at 3:18:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Don't miss the graveyard
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 8th, 2020 at 3:26:41 PM permalink
terapined
Don't miss the graveyard

Absolutely loved it
250 graves
About 1/2 unknown
About a 1/4 with the reason they died in the brochure
I walked by every single grave and reading the corresponding way they died in the pamphlet.
November 8th, 2020 at 9:42:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Yeah, the fight was behind. The corral. Itcwaß often dusty, drunken trail hands versus civilized business interests in towns . no newspapers featurecdcfair acnnd vbalanc o wanted to.