RV life with Terapined

December 13th, 2020 at 8:13:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Visited the Bellagio yesterday morning. Shortest walk I have ever taken on the strip in my life. The Bellagio conservatory Christmas display is right by the parking garage elevator. Since it was early morning, hardly a line to get in. Really magnificent. Took a ton of pics including the workers putting together a polar bear with individual flowers. Amazing. I'll bet real real long lines to get in during the day.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2020 at 8:19:38 AM permalink
terapined
If interested in all the pics I have taken on my RV adventure and of course I have taken a ton including videos. Took a video of the exact historic location of the shooting at the OK corral. Of course I made the video by the old photo studio where the shooting took place, a block away from the OK.
Took a bunch of pics of the vigil for the 5 bikers killed. Very moving. Especially the 5 ghost bikes intertwined
PM me and you can see all the pics I took and posted on facebook.
I'll tell you my real name and you can see me on my public FB page. Also welcome to friend me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2020 at 8:35:21 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Are all the buffets closed?

Buffet system changed at Southpoint
There is a rope in front of all the buffet food to prevent you from accessing yourself. You stand in front of the rope and tell a waiter or waitress what you want. They grab it for you.
December 13th, 2020 at 9:56:11 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Buffet system changed at Southpoint
There is a rope in front of all the buffet food to prevent you from accessing yourself. You stand in front of the rope and tell a waiter or waitress what you want. They grab it for you.

I know it is a little slower, but I think all buffets should work that way all of the time.

I was one of the few people that liked the Eastside Cannery buffet. Everybody had a menu and ordered from your waitress and they would bring you all of the food from the kitchen. Fixed price like a buffet and order as much as you want.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 13th, 2020 at 10:31:45 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I know it is a little slower, but I think all buffets should work that way all of the time.

I was one of the few people that liked the Eastside Cannery buffet. Everybody had a menu and ordered from your waitress and they would bring you all of the food from the kitchen. Fixed price like a buffet and order as much as you want.

Have not tried Southpoint
Saw a video of the new system
Not sure if the new system would work for me
My 1st go around I like tiny portions of anything that interests me. 2nd go around, just get the stuff I love.
December 13th, 2020 at 11:13:48 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Have not tried Southpoint
Saw a video of the new system
Not sure if the new system would work for me
My 1st go around I like tiny portions of anything that interests me. 2nd go around, just get the stuff I love.

My wife finds buffets offensive so I rarely go to one. The last one I talked her into was the Jazz Brunch at the Wynn. It was very good but at $65 it is not somewhere we will eat often. They do have a small traditional buffet and also a menu to orderoff of. The atmosphere was beautiful sitting outside overlooking the golf course and waterfall.
December 13th, 2020 at 11:29:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The worst buffet I ever had was when I visited a friend staying at the Imperial Palace.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2020 at 11:53:55 AM permalink
terapined
The worst buffet I ever had was when I visited a friend staying at the Imperial Palace.

Stayed there
I had their buffet.
but
It was a breakfast buffet so you cant really go wrong
I enjoy good dinner buffets for the variety
I love eating a bunch of small bites of a lot of different foods
December 13th, 2020 at 4:33:15 PM permalink
DRich

I would agree with this. People used to laugh at the Circus Circus buffet but the one time I had the I.P. buffet it was comically bad.
December 14th, 2020 at 6:50:36 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
duplicate