RV life with Terapined

January 17th, 2021 at 11:24:31 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Looked into an ATV
Those bad boys are expensive to rent
275 and up
I'd be willing to fork over 150 which I think is fair.
And all you've been bragging about lately is all your stock wins. pfft
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 17th, 2021 at 11:32:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph

I would think much of that was a returnable security deposit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2021 at 1:09:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

Glamping is a big expense
Many are predicting a correction that could send stocks into a tailspin
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 17th, 2021 at 2:36:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I would think much of that was a returnable security deposit.

I don't know, that is about the rate I paid last time I rented one. I think the one I rented included one tank of gas.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 17th, 2021 at 2:44:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
I don't know, that is about the rate I paid last time I rented one. I think the one I rented included one tank of gas.

You can get a rental car for less. Just get a rental car and do slides and jumps.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2021 at 8:35:18 AM permalink
terapined
I'm now living in Phoenix
Waiting for Spring so I can head north
Visited one of the best museums on my travels
The Musical Instruments Museum
It's incredible and massive
Every display of instruments has accompanying music videos. The museum provides headphones.
The place was fantastic
I had to buy the 2 day pass because the place is massive.
It took me the entire day to get through Europe and North America music.
I need to go back and check out Africa, Asia and South America music
One of the best museums I have ever visited
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 23rd, 2021 at 8:39:09 AM permalink
DRich
I'm now living in Phoenix
Waiting for Spring so I can head north

How long do you think you will be in the Phoenix area? Will you be there until April or so or do you anticipate moving again in the southern states?
January 23rd, 2021 at 8:45:25 AM permalink
DRich
I am jealous of your travels. I wouldn't have any interest in the RV life but I would love to visit for or so cities for a week or two.

I recently saw some very cheap airline tickets to Witchita, I would love to spend a few days there but my wife is not going for it. My wife enjoys doing 3 or 4 day weekends at different places but she tends to prefer bigger cities or cities where there is a particular attraction that she wants to see. I prefer going to smaller cities and just doing what the locals do. I think our next long weekend is going to be Boseman. There is a museum there that she wants to see and Boseman is about the size of a city that I prefer to visit.
January 23rd, 2021 at 9:45:47 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I am jealous of your travels. I wouldn't have any interest in the RV life but I would love to visit for or so cities for a week or two.

I recently saw some very cheap airline tickets to Witchita, I would love to spend a few days there but my wife is not going for it. My wife enjoys doing 3 or 4 day weekends at different places but she tends to prefer bigger cities or cities where there is a particular attraction that she wants to see. I prefer going to smaller cities and just doing what the locals do. I think our next long weekend is going to be Boseman. There is a museum there that she wants to see and Boseman is about the size of a city that I prefer to visit.

I'm in Phoenix for another week and a half. Thinking of going back down to Tucson for a couple of weeks. After that what caught my eye is a huge meteor crater in NE Arizona with a museum. May head up there after Tucson.
What museum in Boseman? I'm huge on museums.
After living in a bunch of cities throughout the Southeast and Southwest. I may have left paradise in Tampa. In fact when RVers see my license plates, they say I'm going in the wrong direction. I have to admit, wintering in Florida a tropical paradise is better then wintering in the desert. Regardless, still thrilled living the dream travelling around the USA. Was a huge fan of Charles Kuralt and his on the road reports and now living the life.
January 23rd, 2021 at 9:50:19 AM permalink
rxwine
I'm in Phoenix for another week and a half. Thinking of going back down to Tucson for a couple of weeks. After that what caught my eye is a huge meteor crater in NE Arizona with a museum. May head up there after Tucson.
What museum in Boseman? I'm huge on museums.
After living in a bunch of cities throughout the Southeast and Southwest. I may have left paradise in Tampa. In fact when RVers see my license plates, they say I'm going in the wrong direction. I have to admit, wintering in Florida a tropical paradise is better then wintering in the desert. Regardless, still thrilled living the dream travelling around the USA. Was a huge fan of Charles Kuralt and his on the road reports and now living the life.

Other than the weather and random suggestions what else are using as a source for tourist visits to a specific location (museum, exhibits, scenic areas, etc.,)