February 18th, 2021 at 10:29:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
In San Diego and loving the weather
and to think
I almost considered wintering in southern TX
Thank goodness I did not
What a sh** hole state
Water is so bad, TX advising their people to boil it. Hmm. How do you boil water without power
Thats the definition of a sh**hole area. Cant drink the water and no power to boil it
People in Slab City are better off :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2021 at 1:31:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
In San Diego and loving the weather
and to think
I almost considered wintering in southern TX
Thank goodness I did not
What a sh** hole state
Water is so bad, TX advising their people to boil it. Hmm. How do you boil water without power
Thats the definition of a sh**hole area. Cant drink the water and no power to boil it
People in Slab City are better off :-)

San Diego probably has the best weather in the country.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 18th, 2021 at 2:24:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
Working on the northern edge of the city during one of their coldest days of January, I saw a large rattlesnake sunning himself atop a large bolder.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 18th, 2021 at 3:08:59 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I have a cousin who lives in SD. Says.... “I know everyone in the country can’t live in SD, but if you could, why wouldn’t you?” I’ve visited him twice. Beautiful house... backyard is a canyon which is some sort of protected parkland, pool which he can use year round. He grew up near me in Queens.... He moved to SD. I moved to Buffalo!
February 18th, 2021 at 3:49:39 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO
. He moved to SD. I moved to Buffalo!

I would refer to him as the smart cousin, you not so much.

When I was graduating from the University of Iowa I subscribed to three cities newspapers so that I could decide where I wanted to move to. One was Las Vegas, one was Port Arthur Texas, and the third was San Diego. Port Arthur Texas was ruled out first. I think Las Vegas won out because of the booming economy (1990) and of course the gambling.
February 18th, 2021 at 5:10:11 PM permalink
terapined
I would refer to him as the smart cousin, you not so much.

When I was graduating from the University of Iowa I subscribed to three cities newspapers so that I could decide where I wanted to move to. One was Las Vegas, one was Port Arthur Texas, and the third was San Diego. Port Arthur Texas was ruled out first. I think Las Vegas won out because of the booming economy (1990) and of course the gambling.

I was given a choice 18 years ago when Amex started closing local corporate travel offices
I only considered 3 cities
Miami, Phoenix and Tampa
I ruled out Phoenix. I would never see my Md friends again.
Miami was expensive. I looked at real estate. I got more bang for my buck in Tampa
I'm in SD right now and feel crowded in. A lot of people live here and land is scarce. RV park is expensive and cramped. I kind of expected it. Only here a week as I bounce around So Cal waiting for Spring
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2021 at 5:49:52 PM permalink
DRich
I was given a choice 18 years ago when Amex started closing local corporate travel offices
I only considered 3 cities
Miami, Phoenix and Tampa
I ruled out Phoenix. I would never see my Md friends again.
Miami was expensive.

l
was offered a position last year in Miami working for Carnival Cruise Lines. I was a little surprised how expensive houses were even 30 miles outside the city. Fortunately I didn't take that position as I am sure I would be unemployed because of COVID.
February 24th, 2021 at 7:50:33 AM permalink
terapined
Moving out of San Diego today
Its too crowded here, checking out Palm Springs
Too many cars, too many people, too hard to park
I own a truck. On top of that, I got the extended mirrors because I tow and I got the tow ball in the back making the truck a little longer
I generally look at the back of a lot to park where few cars are
I hate squeezing my truck into a spot and have had to do it here.
February 24th, 2021 at 9:19:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I own a truck. On top of that, I got the extended mirrors because I tow and I got the tow ball in the back making the truck a little longer

I don’t know how good it is, but I see there is a parking app. Spothero. It’s on IOS. Don’t know what’s on android.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 24th, 2021 at 9:38:14 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

That's the main reason I sold my truck and bought a smallish SUV. I rarely needed it as a truck. A couple of weeks ago I actually needed a pickup for a day to clean out a storage unit. I rented one from U-Hual. Sixty bucks well spent.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.