RV life with Terapined

Page 28 of 30« First<252627282930>
February 18th, 2021 at 10:29:58 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 53
Posts: 7440
In San Diego and loving the weather
and to think
I almost considered wintering in southern TX
Thank goodness I did not
What a sh** hole state
Water is so bad, TX advising their people to boil it. Hmm. How do you boil water without power
Thats the definition of a sh**hole area. Cant drink the water and no power to boil it
People in Slab City are better off :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2021 at 1:31:21 PM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 33
Posts: 2460
Quote: terapined
In San Diego and loving the weather
and to think
I almost considered wintering in southern TX
Thank goodness I did not
What a sh** hole state
Water is so bad, TX advising their people to boil it. Hmm. How do you boil water without power
Thats the definition of a sh**hole area. Cant drink the water and no power to boil it
People in Slab City are better off :-)


San Diego probably has the best weather in the country.
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
February 18th, 2021 at 2:24:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 24
Posts: 5533
Quote: DRich
San Diego probably has the best weather in the country.
Working on the northern edge of the city during one of their coldest days of January, I saw a large rattlesnake sunning himself atop a large bolder.
"If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough" Mario Andretti
February 18th, 2021 at 3:08:59 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 2822
Quote: DRich
San Diego probably has the best weather in the country.


I have a cousin who lives in SD. Says.... ďI know everyone in the country canít live in SD, but if you could, why wouldnít you?Ē Iíve visited him twice. Beautiful house... backyard is a canyon which is some sort of protected parkland, pool which he can use year round. He grew up near me in Queens.... He moved to SD. I moved to Buffalo!
February 18th, 2021 at 3:49:39 PM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 33
Posts: 2460
Quote: SOOPOO
. He moved to SD. I moved to Buffalo!


I would refer to him as the smart cousin, you not so much.

When I was graduating from the University of Iowa I subscribed to three cities newspapers so that I could decide where I wanted to move to. One was Las Vegas, one was Port Arthur Texas, and the third was San Diego. Port Arthur Texas was ruled out first. I think Las Vegas won out because of the booming economy (1990) and of course the gambling.
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
February 18th, 2021 at 5:10:11 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 53
Posts: 7440
Quote: DRich
I would refer to him as the smart cousin, you not so much.

When I was graduating from the University of Iowa I subscribed to three cities newspapers so that I could decide where I wanted to move to. One was Las Vegas, one was Port Arthur Texas, and the third was San Diego. Port Arthur Texas was ruled out first. I think Las Vegas won out because of the booming economy (1990) and of course the gambling.

I was given a choice 18 years ago when Amex started closing local corporate travel offices
I only considered 3 cities
Miami, Phoenix and Tampa
I ruled out Phoenix. I would never see my Md friends again.
Miami was expensive. I looked at real estate. I got more bang for my buck in Tampa
I'm in SD right now and feel crowded in. A lot of people live here and land is scarce. RV park is expensive and cramped. I kind of expected it. Only here a week as I bounce around So Cal waiting for Spring
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2021 at 5:49:52 PM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 33
Posts: 2460
Quote: terapined
I was given a choice 18 years ago when Amex started closing local corporate travel offices
I only considered 3 cities
Miami, Phoenix and Tampa
I ruled out Phoenix. I would never see my Md friends again.
Miami was expensive.

l
was offered a position last year in Miami working for Carnival Cruise Lines. I was a little surprised how expensive houses were even 30 miles outside the city. Fortunately I didn't take that position as I am sure I would be unemployed because of COVID.
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
February 24th, 2021 at 7:50:33 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 53
Posts: 7440
Moving out of San Diego today
Its too crowded here, checking out Palm Springs
Too many cars, too many people, too hard to park
I own a truck. On top of that, I got the extended mirrors because I tow and I got the tow ball in the back making the truck a little longer
I generally look at the back of a lot to park where few cars are
I hate squeezing my truck into a spot and have had to do it here.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 24th, 2021 at 9:19:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 147
Posts: 11234
Quote: terapined
Moving out of San Diego today
Its too crowded here, checking out Palm Springs
Too many cars, too many people, too hard to park
I own a truck. On top of that, I got the extended mirrors because I tow and I got the tow ball in the back making the truck a little longer
I generally look at the back of a lot to park where few cars are
I hate squeezing my truck into a spot and have had to do it here.


I donít know how good it is, but I see there is a parking app. Spothero. Itís on IOS. Donít know whatís on android.
If your candidate is losing, it's because you didn't put enough flags on your truck.
February 24th, 2021 at 9:38:14 AM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 2
Posts: 669
Quote: terapined
Moving out of San Diego today
Its too crowded here, checking out Palm Springs
Too many cars, too many people, too hard to park
I own a truck. On top of that, I got the extended mirrors because I tow and I got the tow ball in the back making the truck a little longer
I generally look at the back of a lot to park where few cars are
I hate squeezing my truck into a spot and have had to do it here.

That's the main reason I sold my truck and bought a smallish SUV. I rarely needed it as a truck. A couple of weeks ago I actually needed a pickup for a day to clean out a storage unit. I rented one from U-Hual. Sixty bucks well spent.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 28 of 30« First<252627282930>