RV life with Terapined

February 24th, 2021 at 9:58:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I’ve seen a camping setup that is set up on the roof of the SUV. You climb a ladder to go to your tent. I believe you can put the rear door down and have extended access to the inside of the SUV without leaving the tent. Fold it all back down and it’s packed on top ready to drive off again. Never leaves the roof.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 24th, 2021 at 10:19:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I’ve seen a camping setup that is set up on the roof of the SUV. You climb a ladder to go to your tent. I believe you can put the rear door down and have extended access to the inside of the SUV without leaving the tent. Fold it all back down and it’s packed on top ready to drive off again. Never leaves the roof.

That's great if the outdoor weather is perfect sleeping weather. I prefer sleeping with AC or heat unless I get that rare perfect sleeping temp
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 24th, 2021 at 10:51:45 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Before you get clear out of here, you could check out the Intaglios. http://www.rvwest.com/article/united_states/the_fascinating_mojave_desert_rock_pictures

https://www.golakehavasu.com/blythe-intaglios
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 24th, 2021 at 12:02:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined
That's great if the outdoor weather is perfect sleeping weather. I prefer sleeping with AC or heat unless I get that rare perfect sleeping temp

Not saying it’s good for you, but some people would like it. If modern RVs don’t master the process of getting the most out of limited space, I don’t know what will. It would be interesting to look at their evolution of increasing efficient use of space over the years.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 25th, 2021 at 9:53:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Here's something else to consider? If you like the idea of prospecting. In nice weather. You don't have to pull your trailer right to a spot as long as your truck, bike, or feet can get you there.

February 25th, 2021 at 11:49:48 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Ed, how is Palm Springs?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 25th, 2021 at 11:59:03 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Here's something else to consider? If you like the idea of prospecting. In nice weather. You don't have to pull your trailer right to a spot as long as your truck, bike, or feet can get you there.

I kept a cheap metal detector in my last camper, well worth it for the fun alone. This woman should look into meteorites if she is going to walk around out there.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 25th, 2021 at 2:52:53 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph

I'll be back to check it out eventually
My credit card rewards are tied to Vegas
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 25th, 2021 at 2:53:46 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph

I kept a cheap metal detector in my last camper, well worth it for the fun alone. This woman should look into meteorites if she is going to walk around out there.

That's a good idea
February 25th, 2021 at 2:58:01 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Ed, how is Palm Springs?

So far liking it
Population spread out, wide roads, easy parking
Feels like AZ rather then CA because its desert
I went up to Joshua Tree National park
I should have researched
I did not know it's up in the mountains, I was freezing
Where I'm camped low 70s, park was high 40s
I'll go back prepared for cooler weather