RV life with Terapined

July 28th, 2021 at 12:51:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 28th, 2021 at 3:05:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Florida has a rest stop that has a giant snake. And if you've never noticed, it's because you really only see it from flying over it. It's really just a snake shaped walkway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 31st, 2021 at 6:45:44 PM permalink
terapined
Wild Horses
Theodore Roosevelt National Park

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 31st, 2021 at 7:36:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Every time I saw wild horses in Nevada they were super skittish and would run off before you got very close.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 3rd, 2021 at 12:18:16 PM permalink
terapined
I just got my first "You betcha"
I was exiting the laundry room. Some guy was holding the door asking if I was leaving
I said yes
Got the "you betcha"
August 3rd, 2021 at 12:37:42 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
With their western twangs it is sometimes tough to decipher; are you sure he wasn't saying "You biatch?"

They don't much care for long haired freaky people in the wild, wild west.

Let me explain.

In the mid-seventies I traveled the country by car for about four months, staying with friends and family when possible, usually camping out.

I spent a week at Grand Canyon Village, met a couple of hippy looking guys and we decided to check out Las Vegas, me in my car, them in their van.

We stopped at Hoover Dam and took the tour, parking on the road that ran across the top of the dam.

For dinner we cooked up some stew on our sterno stoves then used our jugs of water to wash the pans / utensils, dumping the water on the road, at the curb.

A dam cop saw us and demanded we take the shirts off our backs and sop up the water, or go to jail.

Welcome to Nevada.
August 3rd, 2021 at 5:13:16 PM permalink
terapined
I checked out Fargo
August 5th, 2021 at 11:03:13 AM permalink
terapined
"I'm moving to Montana Soon, Gonna be a Dental floss tycoon" Frank Zappa
Couple pics I took

August 5th, 2021 at 2:21:11 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Ed, what parts of Montana are you headed to? The Bitterroot mountain range area is beautiful. Missoula is a nice liberal town for Montana. Glacier National park is beautiful. The museum of the Rockies in Boseman is incredible. If you make it to Great Falls the Sip 'n' Dip bar is a classic with live mermaids.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 5th, 2021 at 3:20:33 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Ed, what parts of Montana are you headed to? The Bitterroot mountain range area is beautiful. Missoula is a nice liberal town for Montana. Glacier National park is beautiful. The museum of the Rockies in Boseman is incredible. If you make it to Great Falls the Sip 'n' Dip bar is a classic with live mermaids.

Hopefully will be able to check out the whole state.
I'm in Miles city and ain't much here
But
Have weekly reservations in 4 more RV parks in Montana as I slowly head west.
Thats a month in Montana, should be able to see all the state has to offer.
Getting out here, stopped at my 1st unmanned gas station out in the middle of nowhere on my drive from Bismarck
Just gas pumps that take a credit card and a phone.
I always wash my windows and they had fluid so I was good with it.
Is it me or is nature getting my windows more dirty as I get older