RV life with Terapined

September 25th, 2020 at 3:34:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
About the only thing I remember from Oklahoma City is the Cattleman's steakhouse. It is famous because it is right in the stockyards and has quite a history. I like it because it was completely different than what I was expecting. Anymore when I hear steakhouse I am thinking high end and expensive. Cattleman's is quite different. It is more like a diner and has seating at the counter or at a booth.

Had the lunch special. Steak of course.
The meal itself, was not impressed. It was ok.
I loved the atmosphere. I love eating in old historical places with that old gritty blue collar feel.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 25th, 2020 at 4:51:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I still remember how bad the roadway was in Oklahoma city. But on the other hand, I remember reading a trucker magazine while I was waiting for an appointment one time, and there was survey where truckers were naming Pennsylvania as the roads most likely to break an axle.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 25th, 2020 at 5:55:55 PM permalink
terapined
OK is huge on MJ
Dispensarys are everywhere.
Its like the liquor store.
Everywhere I go, there is a dispensary.
In Tampa, is was a 25 min drive to one and I did not see much advertising.
MJ advertising all over OK. Huge billboards.
Maybe its easier to get a MJ medical card in OK then FL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 26th, 2020 at 11:16:28 AM permalink
terapined
Checking out the National Cowboy and Western Heritage museum. Wow. This place is massive. Collection is huge. Their Remingtin bronze collection is pretty incredible. I love looking at the Remingtons. Beautiful bronze statues everywhere by other talented artists. Incredible detail. Replica old frontier town. Outside all kinds of traditional Indian homes. This place is great. Huge John Wayne collection. Huge collections of anything related to the west, saddles, barb wire, clothes, hats, guns, art ect
Loving this place.
September 27th, 2020 at 10:38:26 AM permalink
terapined
At pop's
It's on route 66 and its soda pop heaven
If it's made anywhere, you will find it here. Selection is overwhelming. I decided to go old time and have some sarsaparilla. It was good. Brand was Wild Spur
September 27th, 2020 at 1:02:41 PM permalink
terapined
Continuing the Route 66 tour
The big red round barn in Arcadia
Pretty neat.
Been there over 100 years
The theory, a tornado will go around a round barn.
They had a live concert outside.
Everybody in masks, even the bands singer which I heard perfectly well
September 28th, 2020 at 11:34:51 AM permalink
terapined
Skeleton museum in OKC
Amazing
They have on display a skeleton of just about every animal you can think of.
Even a skeleton of a hump back whale
Museum owned by a business next door called skulls unlimited. They prepare skeletons for universities and other clients.
September 30th, 2020 at 2:06:10 PM permalink
terapined
Just saw one of tallest oilfield Christmas trees in OK. 26 feet tall. I found it fascinating. Checking out other historic oil field equipment but the Christmas tree was the best. It can be considered working Industrial art in a way. Just so neat to look at
October 1st, 2020 at 10:39:36 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
I still remember how bad the roadway was in Oklahoma city. But on the other hand, I remember reading a trucker magazine while I was waiting for an appointment one time, and there was survey where truckers were naming Pennsylvania as the roads most likely to break an axle.
Pennsylvañia spends little on road construction. Just l9ok at right lane and left lane differences to we its trucks that destroy highways with weather and salt helping.
October 1st, 2020 at 11:34:41 AM permalink
terapined
On may way to Amarillo. Got view of some wind farms as I am going down the highway. Those things are huge. Actually saw a few not working, maybe 5 to 10%. Weird. Some are pretty close to the highway. Actually surprised how humongous they are.