Which female classical pianist would you like to see in concert?

September 27th, 2020 at 6:56:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Lola Astanova Лола Астанова

Khatia Buniatishvili ხატია ბუნიათიშვილი,

Anastasia Huppmann

Yuja Wang 王羽佳;

Valentina Lisitsa Валенти́на Євге́нівна Лиси́ця,

Hélène Grimaud

Belle Suwanpotipra

Yulianna Avdeeva Юлиа́нна Андре́евна Авде́ева
September 27th, 2020 at 7:53:03 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Depends which classical piece is being played since I would like to hear a faithful reproduction of the composer's work, regardless of whether the pianist wears a skin-tight outfit
September 27th, 2020 at 8:22:42 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: aceofspades
Depends which classical piece is being played since I would like to hear a faithful reproduction of the composer's work, regardless of whether the pianist wears a skin-tight outfit

These women are all very accomplished pianists. None of them are models pounding on keys.

Like everything else marketing is different than it was for Maria João Pires: born 23 July 1944 who came to international fame in 1970
September 27th, 2020 at 8:25:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: aceofspades

I'm ok with a classical piece performed as it was written
but
I'm a huge music fan and thats not why I go to concerts
I want to see the musician be creative.
I live for what essentially is jazz.
IMPROVISATION
The Dead were great at it. I held Jerry Garcia to very high standards. I saw him several nights in a row multiple times. I demanded and expected creativity. Thats why I saw him night after night. IMPROVISATION. Thats where the real magic in music is. Living in the moment and going for it with improvisation. Playing music in a way you have not played it before.
The magic of the band going to different places getting the crowd excited and the band using that crowd energy. The energy going back and forth from the band to the crowd and back. I live for that. Its magical. It did not happen at every Dead Show but when it did, one of the most incredible experiences in my life.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 27th, 2020 at 8:38:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I've seen a lot of live music in my life
I have to say the best Piano Player I have ever seen live is
Keiko Komaki from Japan
I had to look her up after I saw her
Was at a music festival and one of the headliners was the Wild Magnolias
They are a New Orleans staple with Big Chief Bo Dollis in his traditional Mardi Gras outfit leading the band
Keiko Komaki was in the band and her performance simply blew me away
Only time I ever saw her but it was memorable. Incredible performance
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 27th, 2020 at 9:17:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm sure I would enjoy most of them. A professional classical pianist is such a competitive field even the ones close to the top are plenty talented.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 27th, 2020 at 2:17:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I'm all about the music, but have to say, I looked at that first picture 3 times before I saw the piano.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 28th, 2020 at 8:31:00 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
it's one of the things women are conflicted about I think, they complain about being reduced to sexual objects while being quite ready to exploit their looks if they can. They don't like having this pointed out, either.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]