The Debates

October 20th, 2020 at 6:38:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Coronavirus cases surging throughout the country (AGAIN). Senate GOP refusing to budge on a stimulus bill. The economy's comeback showing signs of a stall.

If Donny wants to make the final debate all about the fake Hunter Biden story, I think Biden will stand back and let him scream all about it for 90 minutes.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 20th, 2020 at 7:20:20 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Coronavirus cases surging throughout the country (AGAIN). Senate GOP refusing to budge on a stimulus bill.

Covid cases are surging globally. Europe is seeing more cases now, than at the peak in March. Deaths down 90%.

Part of what Pelosi wants is a change in the 2018 tax law that limits State and Local tax deductions. Which might benefit me, but why should taxpayers in Florida, Tenessee, New Hampshire, Texas and Nevada subsidize NY tax payers?
October 20th, 2020 at 7:57:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I only want a stimulus bill that encourages work. When step daughters BF found out he will still get extra $300 a week from feds he somehow has not found a job since he was laid off in March. Yes, March!!!! I am sure he’d be working if working paid more than sitting on his ass.
October 20th, 2020 at 8:07:02 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
I only want a stimulus bill that encourages work. When step daughters BF found out he will still get extra $300 a week from feds he somehow has not found a job since he was laid off in March. Yes, March!!!! I am sure he’d be working if working paid more than sitting on his ass.

I was just in Vegas with my buddy who is a life-long Republican and who has loved Trump forever (way before he became a politician). He got laid off because of COVID and he (jokingly) said he hopes to never work again as long as the unemployment lasts.

I told him he sounds like a Democrat and he laughed.
October 20th, 2020 at 8:20:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Covid cases are surging globally. Europe is seeing more cases now, than at the peak in March. Deaths down 90%.

????????????????
Europe is not the globe lol
I have family in Taiwan
They kicked the virus ass and are continuing to kick it
We need to look at Taiwan
There numbers are shockingly low
All time since the virus began, 540 cases, 7 deaths
We need to do what Taiwan is doing which is getting the entire population and govt hand in hand to defeat the virus
The virus is not political in Taiwan like it is here
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 20th, 2020 at 8:28:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko

Part of what Pelosi wants is a change in the 2018 tax law that limits State and Local tax deductions. Which might benefit me, but why should taxpayers in Florida, Tenessee, New Hampshire, Texas and Nevada subsidize NY tax payers?

Trump raised taxes on the rich and the left still complained!
The President is a fink.
October 20th, 2020 at 8:28:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
I was just in Vegas with my buddy who is a life-long Republican and who has loved Trump forever (way before he became a politician). He got laid off because of COVID and he (jokingly) said he hopes to never work again as long as the unemployment lasts.

I told him he sounds like a Democrat and he laughed.

I am in the same position. This is the first time in my 35 years of working that I have collected a government subsidy. I too am becoming a Democrat. I am still waiting on my block of cheese.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 21st, 2020 at 3:43:47 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
Can one of the debaters just say whatever they want during the two minutes?

If Biden is asked a hard question about his sons illegal doings...

That's the problem. The biased libbie moderator will most certainly ask Trump idiotic questions like "How come you don't disavow white supremacy?" and if Trump objects and starts talking about something else, she will mute his mic.

On the other hand, she won't ask Creepy Joe any hard questions at all about his scumbag son Hunter. Instead she'll toss him the usual softballs. Maybe something like "How do you feel about Republicans illegally obtaining your son's laptop?" and of course he'll be able to lie with impunity without being challenged by the biased moderator or by Trump (because his mic will be muted).

This is why I hope Trump skips the debate. He doesn't need it anyway. He should win by double digits assuming there's no voter fraud. 😎
October 22nd, 2020 at 1:22:31 PM permalink
ams288
What’s the over/under on how many times Donny brings up Hunter Biden tonight?

How many minutes in before his first mention?
October 22nd, 2020 at 1:45:33 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Dunno. I've seen stuff like this around "There are reports that Trump's advisers have encouraged him to put up a kinder, gentler front" to promote the strategy of letting Biden make a fool of himself by actually letting him talk.

It's really a good strategy for both sides.

But the mics are only going to be muted during the first two minutes of each section, so if they have something meaningful to say, they better get right to saying it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan