The Debates

September 30th, 2020 at 6:35:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
As far as Trump is concerned, I have no idea what the hell that was a display of.

Granted, it's mostly going to be about base turnout and there aren't many fence-sitters for this one, but for those fence-sitters who do exist...I don't see what Trump would have done last night to convince any of them. Clearly, the strategy is to excite the Republicans (and, mainly, his personal base) and give them what they seem to like...but it's almost as if he is conceding every single person who was not already voting for him.

There's really not much else that needs to be said, as far as Trump goes. He clearly had no interest in having an actual debate and rather than explain what he's going to do (and what policies of his may have worked) he spent his time mainly arguing against what 2017-2020 would have looked like in some alternative history theoretical Biden presidency.

It's pretty pathetic when constructing strawmen is the closest you get to actually making an argument.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 6:37:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I just realized the next Presidential debate is on Oct 15.

That’s the first night of my next Vegas trip.

Hallelujah.

I’ll most likely be drinking at a Pai Gow table while the sh**show happens.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 30th, 2020 at 7:10:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
My only advice for Trump would be to set a higher bar for Biden in terms of, "Winning the debate," than simply being less of an @$$hole.

Biden basically wins because he was a total @$$hole less than 80% of the time.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 7:32:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
What, did you think Trump was going to alienate the White Supremacists? Without putting a number on it, they have to represent some percentage of his voters.

What I do not get is why they even ask a GOP candidate to denounce. Do they ask Biden to denounce the violence of BLM? Do they ever ask the Democrat to denounce ANYTHING?
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2020 at 7:43:00 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146

I’d be embarrassed to be planning to vote for either of them.

I agree 100%

I really wonder if a single person will change their vote from one of them to the other based on the debate.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 30th, 2020 at 7:56:32 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: terapined
When I'm indoors except my place
I wear a mask
Its for me, its for people working the place. Its the rules
The Trump family were inside a building and the rule is to keep your mask on
Everybody in the Trump family broke the buildings rules and took off their masks
Disgusting
Even the family cant follow simple rules

Did you miss the part where it was announced that everyone in the building had been tested for COVID and all came back negative?
September 30th, 2020 at 8:43:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
I really wonder if a single person will change their vote from one of them to the other based on the debate.

Nope.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 30th, 2020 at 9:38:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
What a bunch of garbage. You have really lost it.
If Biden wins, I expect him to govern as Obama did. Obama was not devastating to the country.
I am surprised the BS you push such as Biden is senile. You are a real Trumper echoing the lies. It's the hard core Trumpers that push the "devastating" BS. Now you are pushing this BS. Do you think me or your sons are for anything that would be devastating to this country. We are the loyal opposition. Stop the BS of treating us as the enemy that would devastate this country.

Ed.... HOW CAN YOU READ MY POSTS SND SAY I AM A TRUMPER!!!!! What I am is a guy afraid of the far left policies which are now mainstream Democrat policies. Afraid of lawlessness. Afraid of non stop giveaways to reward those not working. Afraid of using race and gender as a defining characteristic to select a VP. So much more..... If I believed Biden would govern like Obama I’d agree with you. But sadly, that ship has left port. And you keep repeating the senile comment. I’ll say it again.... BIDEN IS NOT SENILE. But you saw the beginning of the debate... he was clearly struggling to get his thoughts together. He is CLEARLY in some form of cognitive decline. Not what you want in a President.

As if said dozens of times..... if Biden was running against Joe Republican instead of Trump, how inadequate Biden would be. He just gets lucky that he is compared to Trump
September 30th, 2020 at 9:43:48 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: aceofspades
Did you miss the part where it was announced that everyone in the building had been tested for COVID and all came back negative?

He misses a lot of stuff. 🤣🤣
September 30th, 2020 at 9:54:48 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6