“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.”
― Mark Twain

“Reality continues to ruin my life.”
― Bill Watterson

“I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ”
― W.C. Fields

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”
― George V. Higgins, The Friends of Eddie Coyle
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 8th, 2021 at 10:19:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The best last line I've read for a story about the storming of the Capitol of Jan 6, 2020.

"They didn’t have a plan for what would happen when they occupied an emptied building."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 9th, 2021 at 4:30:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
The best last line I've read for a story about the storming of the Capitol of Jan 6, 2020.

"They didn’t have a plan for what would happen when they occupied an emptied building."

No need for a "plan." The point was made.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2021 at 5:14:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
In 1954 Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio went on their honeymoon to Japan. Marilyn Monroe agreed to do a show in nearby Korea for the troops and when they got back to Japan Marilyn said to the Press: "You can't imagine what it's like to be worshiped by thousands and thousands of MEN!" Joe DiMaggio replied dryly, "I think I can". Today we can have no conception of what a superstar he was. He was a national hero.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 20th, 2021 at 7:15:12 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
"No matter where you go, there you are."

--- Confucius

----------------------------------------

Confucius never said:

"Man who go to bed with sexual problem wake up with solution in hand."

and

"Woman who slide down bannister bare-ass have no hair by cracky."
July 20th, 2021 at 7:41:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
"No matter where you go, there you are."

--- Confucius

Just like Einstein never said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, Confucius never said no matter where you go there you are. The first time this showed up was in a Christian paper written in 1440.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2020/11/22/where-you-go/
July 20th, 2021 at 8:28:56 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
Confucius never said no matter where you go there you are.

Pshaw.

see: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/3212-and-remember-no-matter-where-you-go-there-you-are
July 20th, 2021 at 9:01:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee

The person who posted that probably got it from the same place you did. There are so many erroneous quotes attributed to Buddha, Confucius, and Einstein, you can't count all of them. I have seen the quote 'one man's religion is another man's belly laugh' attributed to Mark Twain and Will Rogers. Will Rogers never would have said it, Mark Twain probably would have. Actually Robert Heinlein said it in one of his science fiction books.
February 4th, 2022 at 10:37:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
"You know you are truly woke when you tell all your friends that you loved Hamilton when you actually hated it."

I think a lot of people hate Hamilton but they would never say it because they would be ousted from their Social Circle. I've never seen Hamilton and I already hate it because the whole idea is stupid beyond belief.
February 5th, 2022 at 3:52:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
"You know you are truly woke when you tell all your friends that you loved Hamilton when you actually hated it."

I think a lot of people hate Hamilton but they would never say it because they would be ousted from their Social Circle. I've never seen Hamilton and I already hate it because the whole idea is stupid beyond belief.
I figure it's out of bounds for me because it's Rap music. I sometimes make the case I'm a fairly tolerant person, but Rap? I find it intolerable.

Yeah, I understand that Hamilton is sort of modified Rap , "Rap for White People", and a decent self-respecting bonafide Rap aficionado would throw up listening to it. You can test this yourself by going to the link ... down at the bottom you can click on a sample.

edit: I tested this again and apparently you can listen only once without paying.

https://genius.com/Leslie-odom-jr-lin-manuel-miranda-and-original-broadway-cast-of-hamilton-the-world-was-wide-enough-lyrics
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 4<1234>