Mandatory COVID vaccination

Page 1 of 71234>Last »
October 19th, 2020 at 10:57:59 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
With a COVID-19 vaccine seemingly on the horizon, I am getting worried that State/Local governments are going to enact policies that mandate vaccination.

Here is a really good article from National Geographic that describes how this has done in the past, and what such mandates might look like:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/08/how-coronavirus-covid-vaccine-mandate-would-actually-work-cvd/

Personally I have no intention of taking a rushed experimental RNA vaccine.

I have a feeling that a lot of employers are going to try and mandate it to get workers back in the office. Scumbag Netflix CEO has already said the vaccine will be a requirement to be employed at Netflix.

Thoughts??
October 19th, 2020 at 11:03:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak

Thoughts??

I have no intention of getting it until proven. This stuff rushed out has a bad history.

I think my employer will allow work-from-home long term if not the default. Was weird being in the office last week first time in months. My desk untouched, calendar still showing March.

The mask lovers will be first in line for it. Will see what happens to them.
The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2020 at 11:08:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
With a COVID-19 vaccine seemingly on the horizon

Thoughts??

I really doubt we will have a vaccine
Will we developed better methods of treating patients. Yes
Will we have a vaccine that really does work
I just dont think so

The problem facing this country are conservatives against masks, social distancing and vaccines
We will be dealing with this virus for years despite Dems taking the presidency, Senate and house.
Many conservatives are essentially pro virus
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2020 at 11:09:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I have no intention of getting it until proven.

The mask lovers will be first in line for it. Will see what happens to them.

I respect your decision. As a non mask lover, I will be first in line to get a vaccine. Not impossible, but highly unlikely the risk/benefit ratio of a vaccine will exceed 1.
October 19th, 2020 at 11:11:05 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I have no issue getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Most likley it will be mandatory in many types of employment and for public schools (as is the case for many other vaccines).

Generally employers have the right to require most approved vaccines as a condition of employment in most states, so if you want to work for the employer you can comply (or try to file some religious objection).

If the vaccine is approved and considered safe, it will probably be great, because then you can go out without being in fear of getting infected.

I personally have no reserves about getting a vaccine (and I am 99% sure both of my employers are going to require one, so even if I did, it would not matter)......
October 19th, 2020 at 11:14:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I respect your decision. As a non mask lover, I will be first in line to get a vaccine. Not impossible, but highly unlikely the risk/benefit ratio of a vaccine will exceed 1.

??????
There are no mask lovers
That's the most absurd thing I ever heard
Everybody hates the masks
Everybody is a "non mask lover". EVERYBODY
The point is
Nobody wants to catch this virus. I hate masks.
But
I hate getting this virus a lot more then I hate a mask
The common person hates the virus more then they they hate masks
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2020 at 11:16:45 AM permalink
gamerfreak

For someone without a medical degree, can you explain why this brand new category of mRNA vaccines do not concern you?
October 19th, 2020 at 11:24:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
For someone without a medical degree, can you explain why this relatively new category of mRNA vaccines do not concern you?
. People keep using the word ‘rushed’. I am comfortable that whatever standards and tests are needed will be done before general public use. I am not knowledgeable enough to anticipate what unique long term side effects are possible from this type of vaccine. Not taking a vaccine puts me at higher risk for coronavirus, a definite risk to my health. I think that risk will outweigh the possible risks from a vaccine. That’s generally how it works.
October 19th, 2020 at 11:29:31 AM permalink
gamerfreak
. People keep using the word ‘rushed’. I am comfortable that whatever standards and tests are needed will be done before general public use. I am not knowledgeable enough to anticipate what unique long term side effects are possible from this type of vaccine. Not taking a vaccine puts me at higher risk for coronavirus, a definite risk to my health. I think that risk will outweigh the possible risks from a vaccine. That’s generally how it works.

Would you feel the same way if you were 29 years old?
October 19th, 2020 at 11:34:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
With a COVID-19 vaccine seemingly on the horizon, I am getting worried that State/Local governments are going to enact policies that mandate vaccination.

Here is a really good article from National Geographic that describes how this has done in the past, and what such mandates might look like:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/08/how-coronavirus-covid-vaccine-mandate-would-actually-work-cvd/

Personally I have no intention of taking a rushed experimental RNA vaccine.

I have a feeling that a lot of employers are going to try and mandate it to get workers back in the office. Scumbag Netflix CEO has already said the vaccine will be a requirement to be employed at Netflix.

Thoughts??

Seriously, do you think this vaccine will even be in the top 20 things causing injury or death that you already engage in?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 71234>Last »